Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Duke Nukem Holywood Holocaust Re-boot in Build

============================================
    EDIT: The project has been released - details on last post.
    ============================================

As an experiment to see what the Polymer renderer is capable of, we have been updating the original Hollywood Holocaust level using next-gen models and textures.

We are looking for a few good modellers to help remake level assets and replace certain sector based level items with models. You must be able to work in next-gen workflow and be available to create models at a reasonable speed.

Initially we are doing the street and depending on if we get a decent response, we would do the entire level.

The target of the project is to make HH look as much like a modern game as possible.

If you are interested, please PM me and include some links to work that you have done.

Last edited by Tea Monster; 09-03-2017, 06:39 AM.

Nice! "Stalker" immediately started playing in my head as I saw this haha. So EDuke32 content?

PLAY QUAKE DODGEBALL!

http://www.moddb.com/mods/quake-dodgeball

Trickle's VWeps

Comment

Yeah. We are on EDuke32. We are using some HRP assets but the idea is to update everything to a more modern look (depending on manpower).

Comment

Originally posted by Tea Monster View Post
        Yeah. We are on EDuke32. We are using some HRP assets but the idea is to update everything to a more modern look (depending on manpower).

Hi Tea Monster, I like Duke Nukem 3d a lot, and especially HRP/Polymer, i was registered at duke4.net forum years ago (dont remember the nicnkame). I hope this get continuted !
        Make Quake Great Again

Comment

So, tell me bro's-N-brosephina's.....

Did Duke3D get some TLC given to the assets @ the strip club? Ever since Duke3D projects had been mentioned here and there about it getting a facelift, I'll admit all I cared about what hanging out @ the titty bar would have in store GFX wise.

U know someone else thought/thinks the same thing lol. You wanna dance? Shake it baby!

Code:
          https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SOsN6HhZ3us
          ^ valiant effort, but turned out pretty out of spec range compared to what the original aimed for in quality. The babes in Duke games tended imo to be the point of pride in the series. Duke Forever clearly showed it.

In other words? Gazongas obv

Last edited by Mindf!3ldzX; 03-01-2016, 04:26 AM.
          Want to get into playing Quake again? Click here for the Multiplayer-Startup kit! laissez bon temps rouler!

Comment

Thank you Blood Vengeance!
            Mindf!3ldzX - That was Duke Nukem Forever. Sadly, they never released the mod tools for that game and sent C&D orders to anyone who tried to mod Duke on anything other than EDuke32 :'(

Comment

Originally posted by Tea Monster View Post
              Thank you Blood Vengeance!
              Mindf!3ldzX - That was Duke Nukem Forever. Sadly, they never released the mod tools for that game and sent C&D orders to anyone who tried to mod Duke on anything other than EDuke32 :'(
              Yeah but sometimes people come to the resolve they just don't care and do it anyway, ie MAME, gigantic wide varying cabinet hardware going into disrepair 'preservation' was its horn to toot,but running them on PC was always the fruit.

UltraHLE when it was created purely as a proof of concept of high level emulation and dude released his code, Dolphin likes to champion its scaling features which are indeed nice but the real underpinning was another emulated console on PC.

I always found it really annoying that the hardcore fans of favorite games are met with a aggressive C&D, it is really rare that fans can say we have a project and want your support/permission and get it.

I bet Id/Bethesda would both breathe fire and spew lava if someone told them "hey we're working on this project and it involves Quake" ..... sad.

I remember a Pokemon gameboy game got fanbase hacked. Fans rule.Duke rules, even if all of his appeal was thieved from popculture quotes.
              Want to get into playing Quake again? Click here for the Multiplayer-Startup kit! laissez bon temps rouler!

Comment

Tea Monster, there is a site of a thread about this project?
                Make Quake Great Again

Comment

No, we are developing it off the radar. It is supposed to be revealed when a new renderer for EDuke was, but that's been delayed.

Comment

Nice! I look forward to seeing where this goes.

Comment

When we have some progress, we'll announce it.

Comment

It's out!
                        dzsZo2o.jpgJ3Jxl3b.jpg

o3r6Qcp.jpg

Hollywood Holocaust is a proof-of-concept level to see how far you can push EDuke to make a more modern version of the classic game level. Many models from the HRP have been replaced with more modern assets. Gameplay has been expanded and some sector-based level geometry has been replaced by models. "What if the level designers of the original game had access to models and Polymer." is how we envisioned the project.

ModDB page and download: http://www.moddb.com/mods/hollywood-holocaust-rethinked

Duke4.net discussion: https://forums.duke4.net/topic/9527-...ust-rethinked/

Comment

Screenshots look ace! Do you plan on remaking more Duke levels like this? I'd absolutely love to play the full game, even if it takes 10 years to make...
                          ♪ I'm skiiiiiiinnin' in the pain, just skiiiiiiinnin' in the pain ♪
                          ♪ What a glorious feelin' I'm haaaaaaappy again ♪

Comment

Impressive work Tea Monster and team.

Comment

Thank you!

We don't have any plans to recreate the rest of the game. We did a quick BotN calculation and it looks like we would be doing this well past the half-way mark with the Century.

Comment

Working...
                              X