No announcement yet.

DOOM - First Impressions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

new doom is great in single player, looks really fun, music is awesome. need to buy it after some time, now i dont have a much time to play it.

Comment

I've finished the SP campaign by now and it's been a blast.

The MP is OK, I really like the demon runes. But everybody is playing TDM all the time, and it's hard to get a game going for many of the other new game modes. I doubt the MP is gonna last too long.
      dfsp*spirit
      my FPS maps

Comment

Originally posted by Planetnine
        Now I am really looking forward to a Quake 1 Reboot.
        I wouldn't count on it. Although Quake Champions looks sick, it's a Q3 reboot.

Q1 tore id software apart. The final product of Q1 that we all love is nowhere near what the post-Romero id Software wanted to release. Which is why Quake has been nothing but cyborg aliens and arena shooters ever since.

And Q1 is a niche market now. If the money were in it, they would be working hard on a Q1 reboot instead of a Q3 reboot.
        'Replacement Player Models' Project

Comment

Really love the new Doom, enjoyed every minute of it. Interesting choice in the soundtrack, too. Industrial / Djent, brilliant.

And DeathMaster... nice avatar
          Soundtracks and Instrumentals
          MyMusic | Youtube

Comment

Originally posted by PRIMEVAL View Post
            And DeathMaster... nice avatar
            Glad to see a fellow giant monster fanatic on the forum .

YOU'RE GONNA CARRY THAT WEIGHT...

Comment

Originally posted by DeathMaster View Post
              Glad to see a fellow giant monster fanatic on the forum .
              Grew up watching Godzilla. I have almost all the movies except for Son of Godzilla. Love the movie genre all together. Guess you could say I'm a "kaiju groupie", hehe.
              Soundtracks and Instrumentals
              MyMusic | Youtube

Comment

I spent some more time playing MP. It's fun for a while, but that's it.

What struck me is that the weapon balancing is horrible! The chaingun is very easy to use and does insane damage, it is clearly OP. Rocket launcher and double-barreled shotgun are also pretty strong, but their usefulness depends on the situation and location, which I like. The lightning gun is a good secondary finisher weapon and has its use. Some weapons are pretty useless because they are just too weak, e.g., assault rifle, hell shot, burst rifle, maybe plasma gun.

They need to fix the chain gun and the assault rifle most urgently imo.

(And remember that this is a game with loadouts -- it's not that you need to fight for a good weapon. You just click a button before the game starts and you have it.)
                dfsp*spirit
                my FPS maps

Comment

Quake Champions can't get here any faster.

*finds out it's a hero shooter*

AAAAAAAAAUGH

Comment

I'd be happier with Doom if I could play it.

Recently my laptop which played Doom at 20 FPS with everything on low got destroyed by lightning and now I'm stuck on a stock Dell Optiplex 745 with integrated video so I haven't made it past where you pick the Doom guy's suit up.

I'm still not sold on multiplayer (I played the MP Beta on XBOX ONE) it just seems hoky and not put together to well (could have just been the "beta" though). The Single player looks like it would be pretty damn impressive and very true to the original Doom games with updated graphics and modernized but I refuse to play such a glorious title at 20 FPS so I'll wait until I have a decent PC to fully enjoy this game.
                    QuakeOne.com
                    Quake One Resurrection

QuakeOne.com/qrack
                    Great Quake engine

Qrack 1.60.1 Ubuntu Guide
                    Get Qrack 1.60.1 running in Ubuntu!

Comment

When you get the chance to play it you'll be very impressed, I guarantee it.

Comment

That's sad phenom. I also could not play Doom properly when it arrived, I only had a Radeon 6800 or something like that and it just wouldn't run properly (15-20 fps). I played a bit and it was no fun at all. I highly recommend to start playing only when you can run the game at a decent fps rate. Otherwise you just cannot enjoy it.
                        dfsp*spirit
                        my FPS maps

Comment

Working...
                        X