q2 weapon skins. in hi res?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• q2 weapon skins. in hi res?

Are there any high res v weapons skins for q2. Not models just skins...?

Originally posted by osjclatchford View Post
    Are there any high res v weapons skins for q2. Not models just skins...?
    Hello dear friend,

If you want to keep your original view_models, than these are the best replacement textures you can get for Quake 2:

upper: original
    lower: replacement

If you want to use replacement models together with replacement skins, then there are also a lot of models available.
    Here is one sample:

Comment

Ooh lovely lovelyness... don't suppose you could link me to those high res classic model skins sev? Thanks BTW...

Comment

Not sure where those are, but the Quake 2 - High Resolution Weapon skins here are ok.
        Last edited by xaGe; 06-18-2016, 10:58 PM.

Comment

thanks, well I did previously find those hd models but the only one I like is the rocketlauncher (which I'm now using.)
          I'd really like those ones that seven showed me but have no idea where they are from. I thought they might be quake2xp? but even so I'm not in love with the idea of downloading a gig+ file for just a few tiny skin files and if I'm wrong and there not in there I'll have waited an hour and used a bunch of my dl limits for nothing

I'm using a (very old) copy of q2 evolved (my machine is old but q2evolved works lovely so go figure) and those nice skins would be lovely. if anyone does have them any chance of slapping the in a zip for me...

truth be told, the only ones I'm after are: blasterpistol, shotgun, ssg, machinegun and railgun the bfg i could take or leave but that gl is just gorgeous! and a must have gun. the chaingun, hyperblaster and rocketlauncher dont look any changed much to me...

still If I had them all I guess I could do some work of my own on them

*edit*
          I bit the bullet and took the chance of downloading quake2xp... couldn't even dl it. was stuck at 0.1% for 20 mins and stuck at "47 mins to complete dl" the whole time...wanker...
          I really am entirely at your mercy now guys. If I can't get it from one of you I guess I never will...
          Last edited by osjclatchford; 06-19-2016, 04:13 AM.

Comment

I could only find any weapon related skins in the q2xp0.pkx, but they were NOT the ones Seven showed. I'm sure he will be on again before too long and share where they can be found.
            Last edited by xaGe; 06-19-2016, 09:56 AM.

Comment

Hello osjclatchford,

Why so impatient ?
              You seem to be very excited about it.

I searched all my files and made all the ingame screenshots, joined them into comparism screens and uploaded them. So of course I have those higher res v_weapon textures and will upload them after you said you like what you see.
              After spending so much time I would be crazy if I didnt.

You must be more patient my friend. We are speaking about 20 year old games.
              Waiting 1 more day will not hurt too much, hehe.
              I am not online every minute like some others here. You should not be as well. It is weekend ! Enjoy your time with real friends and drink some beer.

So, here is your pack: Download

Note:
              You are in this business long enough to know that each engine / port has its own restrictions / support for different formats and files. I did not know what engine your are using, so I added different skins (find them by looking in each individual folder). Hopefully there are ones that your engine of choice do support...

Have fun playing through Quake 2.

Best wishes,
              Seven

Comment

Originally posted by Seven View Post
                Hello osjclatchford,

Why so impatient ?
                You seem to be very excited about it.

I searched all my files and made all the ingame screenshots, joined them into comparism screens and uploaded them. So of course I have those higher res v_weapon textures and will upload them after you said you like what you see.
                After spending so much time I would be crazy if I didnt.

You must be more patient my friend. We are speaking about 20 year old games.
                Waiting 1 more day will not hurt too much, hehe.
                I am not online every minute like some others here. You should not be as well. It is weekend ! Enjoy your time with real friends and drink some beer.

So, here is your pack: Download

Note:
                You are in this business long enough to know that each engine / port has its own restrictions / support for different formats and files. I did not know what engine your are using, so I added different skins (find them by looking in each individual folder). Hopefully there are ones that your engine of choice do support...

Have fun playing through Quake 2.

Best wishes,
                Seven
                many super thanks. and please don't get me wrong. I just felt I should reply to xaGe and be clear in my explanations... Please understand that I'm not intending to pressure anyone into giving me stuff. fathers day today! and my birthday to so double celebration for me! just got back home from my folks from a barbecue so you can be sure that friends family and beers were included. As such I was expecting to hear back from you much later than today truth be told, I knew you had the skins and would get back to me as and when. you've a reputation of being a helpful and kind member of the forum and as such I was glad It was you that first replied LOL!
                However, I have an ocd about replying to posts in threads I created so felt I should say something to xaGe...

again thanks for this and hope all is well with you and your family!

and yes I do seem a little overexcited about q2 at present for some odd reason...

good to hear from you all here. forgot how nice this community is. guess I got used to the general crappyness I seem to always get on the zdoom forums..?
                Last edited by osjclatchford; 06-19-2016, 02:07 PM.

Comment

Awesome!

Comment

OSJC q2 weapon skins

so I've been having fun:

these are just some of my edits!

enjoy!

theres more in the pack here:

https://www.mediafire.com/?3587uk6qcwymdvk
                    Last edited by osjclatchford; 06-26-2016, 03:54 AM.

Comment

OSJC q2 weapon skins even newer update

so the ssg, gl, railgun and bfg have had even further tweaks in this mod:
                      the pack!
                      here are previews of the weapons to show you the kinda things that have been improved:

this pack also includes some skins that aren't mine but they're in the pack cos they have minor alterations (glows, extra wartornness etc) and its what I'm using and I think they're nice and should be shared LOL note that the green bfg is indeed intentional... n64 style version (have very fond memories of n64 q2 dm...)
                      please let me know what you think folks!

enjoy!
                      Last edited by osjclatchford; 06-26-2016, 04:04 AM.

Comment

Looks good osjclatchford.

But now you should turn towards Quake 1 assets instead of Quake 2
                        This forum will not give you too much Quake 2 feedback, as it is called quakeone.com.

Anyhow, keep up the good work !

Comment

Originally posted by Seven View Post
                          Looks good osjclatchford.

But now you should turn towards Quake 1 assets instead of Quake 2
                          This forum will not give you too much Quake 2 feedback, as it is called quakeone.com.

Anyhow, keep up the good work !
                          Yeah but this is the other games thread is it not? Plus you all know I've kinda been there done that as far as quake one is concerned... so just fancied a change.
                          Thanks anyhow...

Comment

Beautiful work osj, about feedback, yesterday on a Facebook group me and some guys talked about quake2 source ports and stuff, can I post a link to this thread so more people can enjoy your works? Anyway osk, I've made a version of you weapons edits for Quake2XP, only changed the name to .pak2 so it will overwrite the old .pak2 to enable the weapons in Q2XP, here's the link https://www.dropbox.com/s/w0gxe22v2k...ke2XP.zip?dl=0
                            Last edited by Blood Vengeance; 06-26-2016, 11:05 AM.
                            Make Quake Great Again

Comment

thanks muchly to you. how lovely everyone is here on quakeone!

as for the facebook idea, that would be outstanding of you! I am not on facebook and as such would not be able to share it there. also thanks for the quakexp version. will help less-technical potential users get more use from it. I imagine q2evolved is somewhat outdated nowadays?

Comment

Working...
                              X