No announcement yet.

q2 weapon skins. in hi res?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sure. If you have any documentation/readme that goes along with whatever file contains it, copy and paste this somewhere into it:

HTML Code:
    Remapped and Hi-res Reskinned bandolier, power shield, envirosuit, and rebreather models by Focalor - http://focalor.tastyspleen.net
    But , uh... those screenshots with the bandolier... I see a +25 health box in the corner of it that looks very familiar. Looks to me like you have the Wirehead Studios hi-poly/hi-res models I was talking about before. If they're models that you've included in a bundle with your client or available for download in any way on a page you own, it would be a good idea to send an email to Phoenix from Wirehead Studios asking permission to use those if you already haven't. He's a pretty cool dude, he gave me permission to post them, so maybe he'll do the same for you.

Comment

Originally posted by barnes View Post
      Some years ago we contacted with Tabun from WS and he said - you can use items, but don't weapons (static or animated) models.
      I dunno if Tabun is even part of it anymore. You should try emailing Phoenix and asking him, you might get a yes this time.

Comment

Originally posted by Focalor View Post
        Sure. If you have any documentation/readme that goes along with whatever file contains it, copy and paste this somewhere into it:
        HTML Code:
        Remapped and Hi-res Reskinned bandolier, power shield, envirosuit, and rebreather models by Focalor - http://focalor.tastyspleen.net
        Yes, of course), I love to add credits to third-party work.
        To be honest, I forgot with whom from WS we talked about models. It's been a long time. 7 or 8 years. We asked. They said ok, but can not be a weapons.

Comment

Phoenix was the dude who emailed me when he saw the guns posted on my webpage. The skins for the weapons are modified a little from the original skins though. He said he liked what I had done to them and that it would be a shame to have to tell me to take them down after I put all that work into them. So... the ones I have posted aren't the 100% original weapons, and he might've told me to remove them if they were, I don't know.

I just went back and looked at the first email Phoenix sent me and noticed something he said in it that might be interesting...

Originally posted by Phoenix - Wirehead Studios
          Normally I would be put in a position to ask that you remove our models at this time because they're in an incomplete state and they were not ported by us or with our blessings. We have animated versions of the models that will be release when our 1.0 version of Generations Arena goes out. At that point I will be willing to discuss with someone porting them to Quake 2 in an official capacity with our oversight so that stuff like the texture mapping doesn't get screwed up.
          After browsing over the WS site again, it appears the version they have available for download currently is v0.99 (not v1.0), so I guess I was wrong about it being completed. However, even if he wouldn't agree to allow you to port the weapons to Q2 for use with your client right now, maybe you could talk him into letting YOU be the one to distribute official versions of them for Q2 for use with your client whenever the v1.0 does get released.

Comment

That's kinda like cleverly disguised spam. Posting links to his dissertation plagiarization site. Yeah, kids, don't EARN that degree, CHEAT your way into it!

Comment

Are you shitting me? lol

Comment

Originally posted by BillyFowler
                It only auto-switches your weapon when you're holding a blaster, which I think is a ... where can i get 32bit hi-res textures and brightskins?

Thanks Regarding
                You can get them at walmart. Go to the hardware department and ask for Gary. He's a personal friend of mine, swell guy, played the 12-string didgeridoo at my daughters islamic bar mitzvah back in 1492. Just ask for him, tell him Lothar of the Hill People sent you, he'll set you right up.

Swing by my house afterwards. We'll drink some footballs and watch a beer.
                Last edited by Solecord; 04-24-2017, 08:29 AM. Reason: remove spam link

Comment

Game is good and nice to play its all characters are looking good. As i am writer when i free i play some games because my work is very hard its fully mentally work.
                  Last edited by Phenom; 04-22-2017, 02:40 PM. Reason: link spam.

Comment

Originally posted by NickittenPierre View Post
                    Game is good and nice to play its all characters are looking good. As i am writer when i free i play some games because my work is very hard its fully mentally work. I work @ (removed)
                    Considering that you can't capitalize "I", you put no apostrophe in the contraction "it's", and the rest of your grammar in general is absolutely terrible... I don't think anyone in their right mind should be hiring you to write their dissertation.
                    Last edited by Solecord; 04-24-2017, 08:30 AM. Reason: remove spam link

Comment

Working...
                    X