X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ok thanks I appreciate it
    The gemstone of gaming is Quake, so load it up and play some

Comment

Oh yeah, and The People's Doom, Animosity (FreeStrife) and i think Freewolf3D.

They are all unfinished and ugly. Not worth downloading.

Comment

No wait, I found the links for Blasphemer. They should have made it more easy to find.

https://github.com/Blasphemer/blasph...ental-build(s)

Comment

It's weird seeing sprites from the ZDoom Forum Spriting Carnival thread cross over into QuakeOne. This is trippy.

YOU'RE GONNA CARRY THAT WEIGHT...

Comment

Just thought I'd say this, but part 1 of my plan is an ongoing success, and someone basically started part 2 of the plan:

The map is MAP02. Compare these shots with the map ingame.
            See the difference? One step closer to truly giving Freedoom an unique identity.

NOTE: the shots were taken using different color palette, so everything looks more darker and grimier. IDK if thats a good thing though.

Comment

Even more updates from the artist:

Comment

in regards to top monster:
                imo the left version is much better looking cuz it has an identity of its own.
                the new version is trying to much to look like the cacodemon instead of just being a nice unique monster.

in regards to bottom monster:
                arms on right look better... but the rest of monster looked better before imo.
                especially the shading on the sprite as a whole was better before imo.
                shading on new sprite is to bright giving the whole monster a slightly washed-out look.

also... ive tried freedoom before myself, and i didnt like it much for the exact same reason
                as the reason i mentioned why i think the old version of the top monster is better....

its trying to hard to be doom but at the same time have everything looking just barely different enough to not be sued for copyright infringement.
                the game is trying to hard to be similar to doom, they should stop doing that and just make it a good fun shooter with an unique look,
                instead of going with this 'just-like-doom-but-not-really' look that they got for nearly everything now, including the level-textures.

the fact everything is has that 'just-like-doom-but-not-really' look just makes you wish you were playing doom instead,
                and it makes you constantly compare everything to doom which just causes you to regularly cringe at how a lot of the sprites look.

if the game would stop trying to mimick doom and just be its own unique thing, i think it could become a very fun and enjoyable game.
                Last edited by talisa; 10-09-2016, 07:21 PM.
                are you curious about what all there is out there in terms of HD content for quake?
                > then make sure to check out my 'definitive' HD replacement content thread! <
                everything that is out there for quake and both mission-packs, compiled into one massive thread

Comment

Nice

I'm curious what you guys will come up for FreeQuake, whenever you get to it

Thanks for the updates, I appreciate it, nice to see the creative processes behind a game
                  The gemstone of gaming is Quake, so load it up and play some

Comment

Currently, I'm trying to add new textures to Freedoom, then a major retexturisation of the maps will be started (see page 2) so that most maps won't be textured with Doom clones.

And yeah the artist tends to have a habit of making his sprites bright. Guess its the new art style of Freedoom. The older sprites were ass though.

Tbh, the sprites are pretty different from Doom. Freedoom needed this.

Edit: Apparently the artist made those changes so that its renderer-friendly.
                    Last edited by Voros; 10-11-2016, 05:39 PM.

Comment

Improvement?

Comment

Working...
                      X