pokemon go splat

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nirvana & Columbine

I seem to remember them taking the blame because one of their albums was found in the player of one of the shooters. But then again, I may have mixed things up because of the Gus Van Sant movies Elephant and Last Days - good movies BTW. I don't have a very good memory.

@JDSTONE I knew about the Judas Priest thing but I wasn't aware of that particular detail regarding the trial.
    ♪ I'm skiiiiiiinnin' in the pain, just skiiiiiiinnin' in the pain ♪
    ♪ What a glorious feelin' I'm haaaaaaappy again ♪

Comment

Yeah, I remember back in the day that folks like Frank Zappa and Rob Halford from Judas Priest (and several others from the music industry) teamed up to testify before congress in protest of the PMRC, headed by Tipper Gore, and their proposal that the music industry should start slapping warning labels on records with violent, sexual, and satanic lyrics. And kinda unfortunately, their efforts were all for naught because a few years later record companies started putting those all too familiar black and white "Parental Advisory - Explicit Lyrics" labels on album fronts. In the beginning, it might've helped a few artists sell a few more albums because the record buying public probably thought it was cool to listen to something labelled so "taboo". But in the long run, it probably hurt more than it helped in artists album sales because a few retailers (like WalMart for example) refused to stock anything with warning labels or sell any albums with warning labels to anyone under 17 or without ID proving their age.

Comment

Yeah, Sonic Youth were pretty riled up against the PMRC too, they even made a song about Tipper Gore (on the Goo album, if I remember correctly). Funny, I've only learned recently that she was Al Gore's wife. One has to wonder how a man who defines himself as a progressist could marry such an uptight c*nt...

Comment

That's human nature for ya. Anything foreign or provocative? Burn it. Doesn't matter though: the explicit stuff is always sought out for being the good stuff.

YOU'RE GONNA CARRY THAT WEIGHT...

Comment

Fuck yeah, explicit is the shit! What I love is when artists play with offensive titles to spite these shit-for-brains while the art itself has nothing to do with that. Tool's Hooker With a Penis is a prime example.

Edit: Interesting... I can type "fuck" but not "c*nt". Is the latter supposed to be more rude or something in english?

Comment

It's the parents fault when young kids are injured playing pokemon.

If it's not a kid getting injured/killed, then that's what I like to refer to as "culling the herd". It's unfortunate and awful dumb people have to die. But it sure as hell happens on a daily basis. The only grimly positive thing about it is they won't be raising any offspring to act just like them in the future. I feel bad for young kids with dumbass parents. They're almost guaranteed to be screwed in life from the get-go.
              'Replacement Player Models' Project

Comment

im not a fan of pokemon but i think that's more on them than the game haha

Comment

is pokemon go even really a thing anymore? It seemed to burn out as quickly as it "flamed up". I haven't heard a peep about this game in months.
                  http://www.nextgenquake.com

Comment

pokemon never die!!! wish it would. i think they have a bunch of new pokemon games all the time.... Happy Holidays and all that MG.

Comment

@happy holidays

same to you .

I'm guessing you never got your pokemon tours off the ground. Shame, I thought that was a great idea.
                      http://www.nextgenquake.com

Comment

Working...
                      X