Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hexen 2 with NVIDIA shadowplay?

Prologue

Hexen 2 is one of my all time favorite FPS games, to appreciate the game, in 2008 i've made a 6 month worth of editing, 37 minutes long tribute video called "Hexen 2 The Millennium", and in 2010 i've made the only Portal of Praevus speedrun. The "Hexen 2 The Millennium" video has been long annihilated by the youtube audio copyright policy and all that remains is a soundless low quality MP4 track.

ON TOPIC

Now, i have a 144 Hz monitor, and i've made batch file to run a modified UQE Hexen 2 v 1.15 at 2560x1440. Hexen 2 runs at 110 FPS, so i am very happy to dust off old Lorrick's bones once again. 20th anniversary of the game is coming, and i'd like to remake my "Hexen 2 The Millenium" video per new, since all the audio in the original video has been vanquished and the quality was just 960x720, and now i want to remake the video at 1920x1080.

Fraps absolutely sucks at recording HQ stuff.
    Dxtory is smooth, but i don't like the codec output options - those suck.
    Nvidia shadowplay outputs to H264 at full HD with absolutely no lag.

I want to record my UQE Hexen 2 1.15 at 1920x1080 with Nvidia shadowplay - how does one make it happen?

Although I cant help you technically, I wanted to express my interest in this media that you are working on, so I'm really interested and eager to view your completed work once done Actually I'd like to see everything you have made so please post links? Thanks

There are lots of places to post videos/ files, although I dont exactly know which one would be best or most suitable, but it would take some googling around I suppose and maybe some insights from others that have used such services before
    The gemstone of gaming is Quake, so load it up and play some

Comment

Hello Artas1984,

Hexen2 fans should always work together and help each other

Here is a detailed instruction how to setup and use NVIDIA shadowplay: click me

Hoping to see your movies soon.

Best of luck,
      Seven

Comment

Working...
      X