Brutal Quake

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Brutal Quake

semeone is doing a brutal quake take a look!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jMbezxP9YsQ

I think its not running on quake engine, The gun bob is different!

I think is GZDoom !! nice work
    the invasion has begun! hide your children, grab the guns, and pack sandwiches.

syluxman2803

Comment

brutal quake... wtf is brutal about that, the fancy blood effects?

seven's Small Mod Compilation has way better-looking particle-effects and is just as gory, if not more
      [ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bgoQQnLFbO4[/ame]
      http://quakeone.com/forums/quake-mod...mpilation.html

and gibbing enemies with a rocket-launcher, how is that 'brutal'?
      there's nothing special about that, explosives gib enemies in regular quake too (can be seen at past 1:00 in above vid)

also thats indeed obviously a GZdoom mod,
      and those sounds and explosions are obviously ripped from brutal doom
      are you curious about what all there is out there in terms of HD content for quake?
      > then make sure to check out my 'definitive' HD replacement content thread! <
      everything that is out there for quake and both mission-packs, compiled into one massive thread

Comment

Sorry bub, but it's GZDoom.

Although this look interesting enough:
        [ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=saJeukPWiNE[/ame]

Comment

It's a nice work and congratulations to who made it, but, what's the point?
          The only brutal thing I think Quake actually miss are esploding corpses.

Comment

@judicator
            check the vid i linked above, the SMC actually allows you to gib corpses
            are you curious about what all there is out there in terms of HD content for quake?
            > then make sure to check out my 'definitive' HD replacement content thread! <
            everything that is out there for quake and both mission-packs, compiled into one massive thread

Comment

I assume at some point it will have Brutal Doom´s męlée takedowns like ripping off heads.

Comment

Originally posted by talisa View Post
                @judicator
                check the vid i linked above, the SMC actually allows you to gib corpses
                Oh thanks, I'll look into it.

Comment

Yes, the SMC can be as gory as you like, but it lacks a few features to be a full-on Brütal experience:
                  - melee "fatalities"
                  - outrageous taunts
                  - a bunch of additional weapons
                  - dual wielding
                  Did I miss anything?
                  ♪ I'm skiiiiiiinnin' in the pain, just skiiiiiiinnin' in the pain ♪
                  ♪ What a glorious feelin' I'm haaaaaaappy again ♪

Comment

Brutal Quake is, as we speak, currently in the works. Although it won't be called brutal quake. Nor will there be dual wielding. But expect fatalities, Doom 2016 style. And a Gears of War style Execution deathmatch mode. And a large caliber lever action rifle, John Wayne style.

I got sick of quake's weaker weapons and lack of appropriate gore (not just blood).

Lots of code done in terms of death camera and effects, but not enough modeling to really show a lot, so stay tuned.

@bfg666

i know i said i would make a lamprey type underwater monster in a recent thread, but that got put on the back-burner. sorry man. but i still want to do it at some point.
                    'Replacement Player Models' Project

Comment

Wow, that's some heavy duty work! You're doing this alone? Why not calling it Brütal Quake? It would benefit from the popularity of the Doom mod. Is Sgt Mark IV vetoing it?

Originally posted by Dutch View Post
                      sorry man.
                      It's OK. Everyone has priorities.

Comment

Originally posted by bfg666 View Post
                        Wow, that's some heavy duty work! You're doing this alone?
                        Yeah. I'm only focusing on DM for the moment, and will work on SP once that's done.

Why not calling it Brütal Quake? It would benefit from the popularity of the Doom mod. Is Sgt Mark IV vetoing it?
                        I agree, but I don't really like the idea of taking someone else's name, especially when it won't follow the same formula...a Brutal Doom player might play my 'Brutal Quake' and get upset that it's different in several regards. Besides, I already got a name picked out that I really like.

I'm hoping to have some gory stuff to show off before too long...I'll make a thread for it when I do. It will revolve around the old-school look of Quake. Sprites, MDLs, and low-res textures. But it will probably run on DP or FTE to allow for some CSQC, better protocol, lit sprites, and a slew of other minor details you just can't get on QuakeSpasm. The idea is to look old, run new.
                        'Replacement Player Models' Project

Comment

OK then. Looking forward to see what you come up with.

Edit: Maybe you should ask Seven if you could borrow his SMC code for extra blood and gibs? The SMC also has a very cool still pumping gibbed heart.
                          Last edited by Mugwump; 10-11-2016, 06:21 AM.

Comment

In my opinion quake killer pack is the real brutal quake

Killer Quake Pack mod - Mod DB
                            Make Quake Great Again

Comment

Working...
                            X