Kawaii Doom

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kawaii Doom

Over at Func_Msgboard, I've been made aware of a little game transposing the Doom 1 universe into an oldschool 2D side-scrolling platform shooter. It's called MiniDOOM and it looks more fun than Serious Sam Double D and Duke Nukem Manhattan Project combined - yeah I know, that wouldn't be too hard, but still... I've just downloaded it so I haven't played it yet, but at the provided link you can watch the trailer and download the barely over 10Mb game if it appeals to you. Free of charge, of course.

Looky here, ain't Doomguy a cutie?

Icing on the cake, MiniDOOM II is scheduled for a December release. That would be a fraggin' awesome Christmas!

RIP N' TEAR!
    Last edited by Mugwump; 11-21-2016, 06:54 PM.
    ♪ I'm skiiiiiiinnin' in the pain, just skiiiiiiinnin' in the pain ♪
    ♪ What a glorious feelin' I'm haaaaaaappy again ♪

This is so awesome! thanks for the post, grabbed it. And can't wait for part 2 of course hehe
    The gemstone of gaming is Quake, so load it up and play some

Comment

You're welcome.

Comment

What was that 2D Quake called? Qake? I think it was by FrikaC.

Oh here it is. QAKE: http://www.insideqc.com/frikbot/projects.php

Comment

@gulliver
          there's also the arcade quake mod: Quake Expo 2008 - Hosted by Tastyspleen.net

also, yeah i played mini-doom.... its sorta fun-ish.
          very short though, just 3 levels or so..... and the only enemies are pinkie, imp, caco, lost soul and pistol-zombie
          are you curious about what all there is out there in terms of HD content for quake?
          > then make sure to check out my 'definitive' HD replacement content thread! <
          everything that is out there for quake and both mission-packs, compiled into one massive thread

Comment

Well, it's not called Mini for nothing...

So, I've played it and found it pretty fun. I wish the controls were more customizable: you only have a choice between 3 configurations and I found none of them ideal. Also, there seems to be no other way of quitting than calling the program manager.
            Last edited by Mugwump; 11-22-2016, 04:58 PM.

Comment

This was pretty fun! Definitely short, but challenging for me. I'm extremely rusty with sidescrollers so I was constantly getting hit by projectiles while fumbling with the controls.

Comment

very awesome
                read more

Comment

Working...
                X