Quetoo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Quetoo

What do you guys think of this open source Q2 inspired game?

Quetoo BETA | Pwning nubz one rail slug at a time.
    Make Quake Great Again

" Quetoo is multiplayer-only. There is no single-player or offline gameplay mode. If you have no Internet and no friends, Quetoo might not be for you."
    the invasion has begun! hide your children, grab the guns, and pack sandwiches.

syluxman2803

Comment

I thought I saw someone say they're distributing at least one commercial Quake 2 level.

Comment

I really like Quake 2 and had a ball playing it online back in the 90's, but why don't they just create their own game? I think saying "Quake 2 inspired" is an understatement here.

I feel like they'd immediately garner an audience if they created something that was inspired Quake 2 but also a big part of new ideas and art style. This to me just looks like an HD remake, which is a bit odd if they're trying to market it on Steam.

If this is truly free to play, then that's cool, but free to play today usually means micro-transactions and the like.

Comment

Originally posted by ArrrCee View Post
          I really like Quake 2 and had a ball playing it online back in the 90's, but why don't they just create their own game? I think saying "Quake 2 inspired" is an understatement here.

I feel like they'd immediately garner an audience if they created something that was inspired Quake 2 but also a big part of new ideas and art style. This to me just looks like an HD remake, which is a bit odd if they're trying to market it on Steam.

If this is truly free to play, then that's cool, but free to play today usually means micro-transactions and the like.
          That was my first impression too, but after reading their webpage a bit, it looks like it just kind of evolved on its own that way...it started as a Q2 engine in the interest of increasing performance, it looks like.

Still though, I'd ditch the name and change up the assets a bit before promoting it as anything other than 'Q2 reborn'.
          'Replacement Player Models' Project

Comment

Originally posted by Dutch View Post
            That was my first impression too, but after reading their webpage a bit, it looks like it just kind of evolved on its own that way...it started as a Q2 engine in the interest of increasing performance, it looks like.

Still though, I'd ditch the name and change up the assets a bit before promoting it as anything other than 'Q2 reborn'.
            Completely agree with you Dutch. Get a new name, add your own flavor to the game and maybe upload a video without any Quake 2 maps in it. I normally like to support any project people are working on, but this doesn't sit well with me.

Comment

Working...
            X