Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The active entity limits are unfortunate, but they are a bit higher than vanilla at least. It's just annoying having to choose between "hmm, do i want a lot of stuff for the mood, or do i want a lot of enemies"

At least brushwork is unlimited now, that's a massive plus since you can create near unlimited static details.

SoC - Crusader Demo Patch file - Hexen II - Shadows of Chaos mod for Hexen II - Mod DB

^ There's that crusader patch, hopefully should make him a little more fun on the harder difficulties.

Also btw, coop is recommended for hard difficulty, each difficulty has its own enemy spawns and I'd say normal is closer to traditional hard

Comment

• There are workarounds for some of the issues I had.
      For the lack of the ambient sounds you can try to use some compilations. For example for the cave map you could create/use some compilation consisting of some cave wind humming with occasional ice creaking, though it woud have to be longer for one not to notice the looping. And just this one sound can be played thoughout the entire cave system.

About the leaned floor/stairs I noted before. You can try to fake it without changing the map layout using the clip brushes. So for example stair/platform can be leaned on the borders, however, if you put narrow clip brush there the player is able to walk through it fluidly. I also find it neccessary to use clip brushes when making some detailed rock cliffs as the player is able to climb very steep surfaces and thus often accessing places he is not supposed to get into.

Comment

• Ciao Ragazzi!
        Felice e Divertente Estate a Tutti!

Rino
        il creatore delle mappe e dei mission packs per HeXen II

prossimamente! .. Mission Pack by RinoEVO!

sagratoevo (2).jpg

https://sites.google.com/site/missionpackbyrino/

https://sites.google.com/site/jonnyredsmaps/
        Last edited by Rino; 08-20-2017, 03:31 AM.

Comment

• Wow! great to see people still working on Hexen II. Props to you all

Comment

• Mod looks great! I noticed you're using a version of uhexen2 that supports bsp2, I desperately need it for my own maps. Is there a place I can download it, or should I just use the engine files from your release? I can't tell if they've incorporated it into the main uHexen2 release yet.

Comment

• hexen07_2.png
              Howdy everyone. Here's a beta of my map for Hexen II, "The Tyrant's Tome". It's a short/medium level in the Septimus theme. I call it a beta because it's my first map for Hexen II (and the Quake engine in general) so there are sure to be some oversights & bugs. But I have playtested it plenty and it is balanced and completable, with skill settings implemented.

https://mega.nz/#!Rt8H3SwD!GB_oZeDh8...zvr_783I0nHE0o

Also if anyone has any good resources on learning about the game's various entities and functions, I would like to see them. I had trouble finding references / information on many of the game's entities.

edit: At this point it's pretty much totally complete and bug-free AFAIK, so don't worry about anything in this post but the download link
              Last edited by whirledtsar; 10-07-2018, 06:09 PM.

Comment

• Hello whirledtsar,

Thank you very much for making a new Hexen 2 map.
                I downloaded and tried it, using jeanks version of the jshexen2 engine.

At once I noticed how bad my playing skills are. Or your difficulty is a bit too hard.
                I played on skill 0 and had to use a player type with ranged weapons because those golems right at the beginning and the medusa with its homing attacks were too much for my skills
                Especially with melee combat player types.
                Health resupply was also much needed. But again, maybe its just me. I must definitely make use of the Hexen 2 items much more.
                You placed them everywhere. That is good.

I liked your ideas for the map. And the unique Hexen 2 puzzle style.
                It took me a while to find the key, then the magic book and the entrance to the final area.
                But it was fun. That is how Hexen 2 is. It is not just a "press button a" to "open gate b" game.
                You have to think and use your given hints. Nice.
                The underwater secret was the only one I could find. Dont know if there are more.

I liked the monster types you chose for your map, but they are really tough enemies. Maybe some more lower level archers at the beginning would have helped me to win, hehe.

Regarding your question about the Hexen 2 entities.
                I myself like to read source codes to learn more about how gameplay features work in detail but that is for sure not everyones taste/way.
                I am also no mapper so I do not know if you already have Hexen 2 FGD´s, which contains all functions/entities.
                The Trenchbroom mapping tool should have all that you need as it is capable of creating Hexen 2 maps.
                I am sorry to not be able to help you further on this regard.

Thank you again for your map.

Best wishes,
                Seven

Comment

• Originally posted by Seven View Post
                  Hello whirledtsar,

Thank you very much for making a new Hexen 2 map.
                  I downloaded and tried it, using jeanks version of the jshexen2 engine.

At once I noticed how bad my playing skills are. Or your difficulty is a bit too hard.
                  I played on skill 0 and had to use a player type with ranged weapons because those golems right at the beginning and the medusa with its homing attacks were too much for my skills
                  Especially with melee combat player types.
                  Health resupply was also much needed. But again, maybe its just me. I must definitely make use of the Hexen 2 items much more.
                  You placed them everywhere. That is good.

I liked your ideas for the map. And the unique Hexen 2 puzzle style.
                  It took me a while to find the key, then the magic book and the entrance to the final area.
                  But it was fun. That is how Hexen 2 is. It is not just a "press button a" to "open gate b" game.
                  You have to think and use your given hints. Nice.
                  The underwater secret was the only one I could find. Dont know if there are more.

I liked the monster types you chose for your map, but they are really tough enemies. Maybe some more lower level archers at the beginning would have helped me to win, hehe.

Regarding your question about the Hexen 2 entities.
                  I myself like to read source codes to learn more about how gameplay features work in detail but that is for sure not everyones taste/way.
                  I am also no mapper so I do not know if you already have Hexen 2 FGD´s, which contains all functions/entities.
                  The Trenchbroom mapping tool should have all that you need as it is capable of creating Hexen 2 maps.
                  I am sorry to not be able to help you further on this regard.

Thank you again for your map.

Best wishes,
                  Seven
                  Thanks, glad you enjoyed it. I hope you downloaded it after yesterday afternoon, because the version I had initially uploaded had bugged difficulty levels. Yes the map does encourage the use of items - for example, the 2-4 glyphs at the beginning are useful against the golems, and there are discs of repulsion that are very helpful when fighting the medusa. I like how unlike Hexen 1, Hexen 2 practically required the use of items. There are some more secrets and easter eggs - no spoilers though . And yes, after posting that I eventually found the game's HexenC source which was very helpful. Trenchbroom is very good, but it isn't fully set up for Hexen 2 - there is a lot of incorrect or missing fields for entities. For example the reason difficulties were bugged at first is because Trenchbroom uses the Quake spawnflag names, but Hexen uses different flags for spawning things on different difficulties.

Comment

• @whirledtsar
                    Hello I appreciated the construction in the Septimus style and a certain attention to detail, (an example, see a tree with a garden from the window is curious). Wide colonnade, really a good work. All this, however, on the gameplay side makes it less with all these Golems together and Archers I do not like, and then look everywhere for this hidden key, The room with the bed could do better, the bed seems disproportionate with the room.
                    Overall it is nice map, but many monsters all together, but maybe I'm a little rusty and aged for the action! As the dear Seven says, the puzzle is nice to discovered, it is a bit of the base and story of the charm of Hexen 2!

sorry for my english

Best wishes to all and Happy Holidays
                    Rino

see you soon..

Comment

• hexen001-1.jpghexen0012-1.jpg
                      Hello everyone
                      recently I have update of my dedicated pages
                      to my old passion to mapping for Hexen 2, which in spite of the years, remains in my heart.
                      My works, Rino's Mission Pack, I hope you enjoyed them and enjoyed yourself.
                      The RinoEVO Mission Pack, I hope to release it as soon as possible.

But in the meantime there is something new, I created a short adventure called
                      "The baron Gastone House di Rino"
                      It consists of two small maps and boss map. (a map extracted from the old MP1 "rossi.bsp" and heavy modified using QuArK)
                      The gameplay is only for single player, is a story conducted on the "Baron Gastone" with clues and messages to read, custom texture made by me.
                      We are in the ancient house of Baron Gastone, he was a good gentleman, a lover of poetry, an expert in ancient magic. Skilled with the sword and excellent pianist! It was a splendid house. But it is invaded and destroyed by the forces of the male of
                      Eidolon. The noble baron was very brave and fought hard, but unfortunately after the hard battle dies. However before dying, he gained power to block the terrible strength of the Knight of the apocalypse in a great sepulcher! He created a mysterious
                      power, secretly hidden between the notes of his old piano.
                      Now it's up to you stranger!
                      Your mission is to be able to access and eventually defeat the Horseman of the Apocalypse!

More information, images and clips of The Baron Gastone House, in my pages, is available for download

https://sites.google.com/site/missionpackbyrino

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JrWhnUvbB-8&t=55s

Comments about my last work are welcome!

Have fun!

notice: it could happen, depends on the engine that you use, which does not appear the boss in the map final, so I added the file maplist.txt in my pak0 of "Baron gastone House by Rino" And I updated.
                      Last edited by Rino; 01-02-2019, 07:25 AM.

Comment

• Hello everyone!!! I am not here so while but i still active on other forums, and finally first in history we opened heretic's and hexen's forums including actively development of hexen2. welcone here
                        https://hexenworld.org/forum/index.php
                        Hexen:Edge of Chaos: News - my most awaiting game
                        Qtracker - for easy searching of Quake and HeXen II servers
                        HeXen II: All Source Ports List - i am collecting everything for HeXen II
                        HeXen II Files - under development
                        Me at Facebook - want play hexen2 multiplayer write me
                        hexen2 ftp
                        hexen2 maps, mods, addons, etc, torrent

Comment

• HEXEN 2 - The dark mysteries of Dr. Bones by Rino

Hello guys!
                          for this new year 2020 I created a new small adventure for Hexen 2!
                          In this case we are in to the dark mysteries of the Doctor Bones, discovering
                          the secret and macabre places in search of the powerful magical bones of the great Axalik!
                          You will have to find the strength to enter the portal of death!

for more info and download "The dark mysteries of Dr. Bones by Rino" visit my web pages:
                          https://sites.google.com/site/missio...-bones-by-rino
                          You do not have permission to view this gallery.
                          This gallery has 1 photos.
                          Last edited by Rino; 02-06-2020, 10:34 AM.

Comment

• inkub0 your Download Link doesnt Work.
                            anyone got a mirror? Seven?

Comment

• Hi webangel,

How time flies...
                              Uploaded them here for you:
                              Part1, Part2, Part3

Personally I like the reworked textures from Jeank more.
                              Be sure to grab the latest FULL release from Jeank´s amazing jsHexen II from 2015.
                              (You can use google translate if your russian became a little less fluent...
                              Its all packed up in a single download. Ready to start.

For me, the best Hexen 2 engine and experience.
                              Yes, some features are a little too much, but you can disable/enable them all in the options menu to get your best result.
                              But thats of course personal taste

Best wishes,
                              Seven

Comment

• Thank you Seven

Comment

Working...
                                X