Crypt of Death

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Crypt of Death

Hey, I've just made a new map. I have done about an hours work on it, so it won't be very detailed.

CRYPT OF DEATH 0.1 PRE-ALPHA

Please report any bugs, thanks.

Is this for quake3 or Darkplaces only since it's a .pk3?
    www.quakeone.com/qrack | www.quakeone.com/cax| http://en.twitch.tv/sputnikutah

Comment

Originally posted by R00k View Post
      Is this for quake3 or Darkplaces only since it's a .pk3?
      Quake 3.

Update!

0.3:

-Added armor shards around the quad stairs
      -Moved the slug ammo beside the quad
      -Moved the green health items to where the shell ammo use to be
      -Moved the shell ammo under the arches (only 2, not 3)
      -Changed the spawning areas
      -Added some support around the pit of death walls
      -Added a window around the quad stairs to let some light in
      -Moved the mega health platform (along with the mega health of course) just next to the shotgun area
      -Added a new area for the yellow armor
      -Added some rocket ammo beside the yellow armor
      -Fixed jumppad destinations
      -Added support for the ground (lava)
      -Fixed some bugs around the shotgun jumppad
      -Increased pit of death damage to 30
      -Removed the bevel below the railgun bridge

CRYPT OF DEATH 0.3 PRE-ALPHA

I'm working on 0.4..

Comment

I don't have Quake 3 ):
        QuakeOne.com
        Quake One Resurrection

QuakeOne.com/qrack
        Great Quake engine

Qrack 1.60.1 Ubuntu Guide
        Get Qrack 1.60.1 running in Ubuntu!

Comment

Get it! It's worth buying. Hmm, do they still sell Quake 3 Gold and Ultimate Quake? And is there really any difference between standard Quake 3 and Quake 3 Gold? I saw no difference except it had TA included. Sorry, off-topic.

Comment

Originally posted by Christopher Murphy View Post
            Get it! It's worth buying. Hmm, do they still sell Quake 3 Gold and Ultimate Quake? And is there really any difference between standard Quake 3 and Quake 3 Gold? I saw no difference except it had TA included.
            You could use Open Arena instead of Quake 3. Open Arena is a free and GPL content replacement project.

OpenArena - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

OpenArena

Sorry, off-topic.
            Well, this whole thread is kind of off-forum subject as this site is devoted to Quake 1, but since you are part of the community here I won't complain.
            Quakeone.com - Being exactly one-half good and one-half evil has advantages. When a portal opens to the antimatter universe, my opposite is just me with a goatee.

So while you guys all have to fight your anti-matter counterparts, me and my evil twin will be drinking a beer laughing at you guys ...

Comment

Get it! It's worth buying. Hmm, do they still sell Quake 3 Gold and Ultimate Quake? And is there really any difference between standard Quake 3 and Quake 3 Gold? I saw no difference except it had TA included. Sorry, off-topic.
              had it at one point in time, beat it with ease, went back to Q1, forgot about Q3 and its easy targeting system...

i remember playn Q3 online for the first time and literally owning whole servers with the machinegun which wasn't fun... maybe the server was full of noobs but Q3 had already been out for quite a few years... i had it in 2004

cool lookn map tho!
              QuakeOne.com
              Quake One Resurrection

QuakeOne.com/qrack
              Great Quake engine

Qrack 1.60.1 Ubuntu Guide
              Get Qrack 1.60.1 running in Ubuntu!

Comment

Originally posted by Baker View Post
                You could use Open Arena instead of Quake 3. Open Arena is a free and GPL content replacement project.

OpenArena - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

OpenArena
                Loved OpenArena, but will my map even work on it?

Originally posted by Baker View Post
                Well, this whole thread is kind of off-forum subject as this site is devoted to Quake 1, but since you are part of the community here I won't complain.
                Yeah, but I might make a Quake 1 version too. I can't yet because GTKRadiant 1.4.0 doesn't support Quake 1 and 1.5.0 sucks.

@Phenom

Quake 3's a multiplayer game, not a singleplayer game just so you know.

Comment

Loved OpenArena, but will my map even work on it?
                  Yep.

Add some of these guys use GTKRadiant 1.4 for mapping Quake 1.

Func_Msgboard: Ne_q1spCompilingGUI

They run, presumably, some convmap tool pre-compile on the .map to make it work with Q1 compilers.
                  Quakeone.com - Being exactly one-half good and one-half evil has advantages. When a portal opens to the antimatter universe, my opposite is just me with a goatee.

So while you guys all have to fight your anti-matter counterparts, me and my evil twin will be drinking a beer laughing at you guys ...

Comment

Thanks, but I never meant a Quake 1 compiler. And GTKRadiant only supports RtCW, W:ET and Quake 3.

And here's some new shots..

Comment

The new added "outside" area is now of some use...

Added an environment suit, a personal teleporter pickup and some lava .

Comment

And GTKRadiant only supports RtCW, W:ET and Quake 3.
                        Just an aside, but necros and a few others @ Func_Msgboard make all their Quake 1 maps in GTKRadiant 1.4

Code:
                        Title                   : The Living End
                        Filenames               : ne_lend.bsp
                        			  ne_lend.txt
                        Author                  : necros
                        Website			: http://necros.quaddicted.com
                        Editor(s)               : GTKRadiant 1.4 + QE3(sikkpin)
                        And GTKRadiant 1.5 can certainly be used for Quake 1:

GTKRadiant Setup Guide for Q1: Tutorials The Realm of Blog Magic

I'm just mentioning this because myth busting is important, just like communicating that anyone could play your map with Open Arena for free.

Comment

@Baker

There can't be support for Quake 1, it's not showing up on my list.

Comment

@Baker

There can't be support for Quake 1, it's not showing up on my list.
                            Then I must have imagined it all while I wrote those tutorials.

https://zerowing.idsoftware.com/svn/radiant.gamepacks/
                            Scout's Journey
                            Rune of Earth Magic

Comment

Are you sure it wasn't another version GTKRadiant?

Comment

Working...
                              X