Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What do you think the next Quake game should be?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What do you think the next Quake game should be?

I'm getting tired of the Quake 2 sequels/prequels, I want this Quake reboot to be the original concept of Quake, I'd be quite interesting seeing a FPS game as a RPG.
    Original Quake concept
    59.09%
    Quake sequel
    36.36%
    Quake 2 sequel
    4.55%
    Another Quake 3 based game
    0.00%

I'd like to see them use the simplicity of Quake but maybe focus A LOT more on the graphics and level design and gameplay, update monsters with better ai and continue the story of Quake. still keeping physics
    QuakeOne.com
    Quake One Resurrection

QuakeOne.com/qrack
    Great Quake engine

Qrack 1.60.1 Ubuntu Guide
    Get Qrack 1.60.1 running in Ubuntu!

Comment

That would just be boring, it would be like playing Quake all over again with updated graphics. Quake 1 never had a storyline.

Comment

Originally posted by Christopher Murphy View Post
        Quake 1 never had a storyline.
        That's not what my Quake 1 manual from 1996 told me.
        QuakeOne.com
        Quake One Resurrection

QuakeOne.com/qrack
        Great Quake engine

Comment

That was barely a storyline at all, it looked like it was made in 5 minutes.

Comment

I don't care, Quake was simply perfect for me when it came out. And it is still a good game. So what i want is a real Quake 2, not that shit they gave us and called it Quake 2.

Comment

I happen to think Quake 2 was the best Quake game, I just want something different. Not just another damn spin off of Quake 2 or a stupid Quake 3 rip off.

Comment

That was barely a storyline at all, it looked like it was made in 5 minutes.
                That statement might be true, but look how open the Quake 1 storyline can go now. Quake 2 and 4 sold out to Strogg.

In Quake 1 they left you defeating one boss "Shubby" but left everyone hanging. You can't tell me that's not a story. Its a story you're just not paying attention! Many games have done this... actually almost every game that has a sequel and and a trilogy has done this. It just so happens that Quake 2 & Quake 4 aren't true to the Quake 1 universe. with an acceptation to the strogg logo on all the crates, which could still spin in many different directions.

Quake 3 doesn't belong in this post as its based on multiplayer.
                QuakeOne.com
                Quake One Resurrection

QuakeOne.com/qrack
                Great Quake engine

Comment

Well, there's not much point making a Quake 1 sequel anyway, at the end of Quake you defeated the boss, which means the end. And Quake 2 was going to be named something else but due to copyright and government bullshit, it was named Quake 2. So of course Quake 2, Quake 4 and ET:QW won't belong in the Quake 1 universe. Just to say, the strogg logo is in Quake 1 and was used as a trademark for the strogg in Quake 2. And I just put Quake 3 there because that's what Quake's direction seems to be going, more crappy rip offs of Quake 3.

Comment

I personally would love to play a Quake 1 prequel.
                    See we start the game with the chaos already happening.
                    I would love to play as a different Slipgater who was there when everything happened. Think DooM3 here. A little intro of them using Slipgates and you use some yourself to get to different areas of the base - then it goes all to chaos. Like seeing your allies get taken over (grunts, dogs, enforcers). The game could work alongside with the original. Basically you take another slipgate (who says that there's only 4 worlds?) and go off on your own mission to take out who you believe to be the leader. After wall Q1 had 3 leaders (shub, armagon and the dragon).
                    Since it would take place in another area - it allows them to change alot without it effecting Q1 itself. Bring in the classic enemies and new ones.

Comment

I doubt there will be a Quake 1 prequel. Doom 3 never had slipgates, they were just teleporters. They were experimenting with teleporters and Dr. Botruger went through and he got possessed and then hell followed him out and then chaos happened. And the grunts, dogs, enforcers and the other enemies weren't possessed by red floating skulls, they were aliens and shit.

Comment

Make a fan sequel. You could do it with all this awesome man power. (no women power, though, they can't do anything anyways except feed us big burly men who all have beards)

Comment

True it is doubtful. However it's doable while keeping the original Quake story. We start the game with the chaos already started and in effect for awhile.

Background: You get the phone call at 4 a.m. By 5:30 you're in the secret installation. The commander explains tersely, "It's about the Slipgate devise. Once we perfect these, we'll be able to use them to transport people and cargo from one place to another instantly.

"An enemy, codenamed Quake, is using his own slipgates to insert death squads inside our bases to kill, steal, and kidnap...

"The hell of it is we have no idea there he's from. Our top scientists think Quake's not from Earth, but another dimension. They say Quake's preparing to unleash his real army, whatever that is.

"You're our best man. This is Operation Counterstrike and you're in charge. Find Quake, and stop him... or it... You have full authority to requisition anything you need. If the eggheads are right, all our lives are expendable..."

Prelude to Destruction: While scouting the neighborhood, you hear shots back at the base. Damn that Quake bastard works fast! He heard about Operation Counterstrike, and hit first. Racing back, you see the place is overrun. You are almost certainly the only survivor. Operation Counterstrike is over. Except for you.

You know that the heart of the installation holds a slipgate. Since Quake's killers came through, it is still set to his dimension. You can use it to get loose in his hometown. Maybe you can get to the asshole personally. You pump a round into your shotgun, and get moving.

That's the manual's story. Planned the operation and were attacked first. Now we all know Governments keep things to themselves in many cases. Said to transport, however that could of been just a cover. So a story could be is you (new character) were part of a team that went over into the other dimension to take it over - hence why they counter attacked in Q1. Wouldn't change the story of Q1 at all - but add to it. The story we have is based upon "Rangers" knowledge instead of what (possibly) actually happened.

However iD has basically forgotten about Quake 1. The only real chance of having a true Q1 sequel or prequel is if we had Romero join back with iD. I also wouldn't mind seeing a "Quake Wars" based upon Q1. Basically the entire game is based upon Slipgate attacks. Can have player classes with the Q1 weapons and also the Enforcer could be a class. Of course this game would also have next to no storyline as it would just be the parts of Slipgaters and Quakers going into eachother dimensions. However could still be fun if it's objective based.

Comment

John Romero back in id Software? Ahahaha! He quit id because they didn't make Quake it's original concept, maybe if they make the next Quake the original concept he would join to make it. On the last level of Quake you killed the boss, it'd be a rip off just making a sequel to Quake 1 which has a new character and new dimensions, that's not original.

Comment

John Romero back in id Software? .
                              It interest it really happens? John Romero + John Carmack can blow world with new game, i want it too.
                              Hexen:Edge of Chaos: News - my most awaiting game
                              Qtracker - for easy searching of Quake and HeXen II servers
                              HeXen II: All Source Ports List - i am collecting everything for HeXen II
                              HeXen II Files - under development
                              Me at Facebook - want play hexen2 multiplayer write me
                              hexen2 ftp
                              hexen2 maps, mods, addons, etc, torrent

Comment

Working...
                              X