Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Any DooM maps that revolve around a hub level?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any DooM maps that revolve around a hub level?

Just asking if there were any wads that have good hub level. Maybe one that involves collecting special keys to get to the last set of levels (episode).

Just wondering if anyone took Quake's style of hub and put it in DooM.
    Who would win: a death knight, or a gremlin with a double-barrel?

Steam profile: http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198039860229

Yes, it's called Stronghold, it is a HUGE fanmade expansion to doom, you can get it at realm667.com, you'll need the skulltag source port to play it.

Comment

try eternal DooM from team tnt (remember them? we have them to thank for evilution), I think its the second one you want but it only runs in zDooM engine+.
      as I remember it was a set of levels very quakesque but obscenely huge architechture, I mean MASSIVE MAPS, all set around quake/hexen-like hubs!
      real adventure and actually well balanced, good fights, new monsters, average story (aint it always though!) but excellent atmosphere all round.

I'd ignore vanguard.wad on there if Iwere you, they made that before evilution and it is the most boring repetitve and unimaginative mega-wad i've ever played, but their post evilution stuff is, for the most part well worth the time...

Comment

Thanks, Ananyo! But, I've recently switched from skulltag to Z-DooM for SP play. Are you sure it's ST only?

And thank you Clatch, never knew the evilution team made anything else otherthan the BooM engine. I liked TNT, but what the Casali bros. did with Plutonia is just stunning. Don't get me wrong, TNT is phenominal too!

Cool guys, checking these wads out.
        Who would win: a death knight, or a gremlin with a double-barrel?

Steam profile: http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198039860229

Comment

I'm somewhat sure its for ST, you can try it on GZDOOM and see if it works, note: It uses 3d floors, so you will need to either play it on GZDOOM or in skulltag's opengl mode.

Comment

Doomworld /idgames database

I recommend Hell Factory.One of the best hub wads.

Comment

Working...
            X