X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "like" us to get your free game

Hello,

How far did it come ?
    I have read on chip.de that the game "Metro2033" can be downloaded for free, when you "like" their website on facebook...
    Metro 2033: Endzeit-Shooter jetzt kostenlos - News - CHIP Online

Is this "facebook"-thing really that important for game developers ?
    Is it like in Google, when you stand at 1st position, you get the most clicks and companies pay for that ?

What a strange world this has become...

x100
    My Avatars!
    Quake Leagues
    Quake 1.5!!!
    Definitive HD Quake

Comment

Um, Facebook is literally the "social juggernaut". No, it isn't about getting paid.... Well,maybe it is for THQ. The reason for offering Metro 2033 for FREE , it to drum up people being interested in the sequel.

People like myself who never gave Metro 2033 a 2nd look (or a 1st,for the matter) could possibly be 'customers' of the upcoming sequel , Last Light

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rPiCnKmE30c]Metro: Last Light - E3 2011 Teaser Trailer - YouTube[/ame]

Also, FREE = awesome. I already liked it + plan on downloading it later on. I can only imagine how long its gonna take haha....
      Want to get into playing Quake again? Click here for the Multiplayer-Startup kit! laissez bon temps rouler!

Comment

too bad I paid money for it and it didn't even run, despite my hardware meeting the back-of-the-box specifications. I guess I'll put all the time I saved on Metro into Stalker!
        Scout's Journey
        Rune of Earth Magic

Comment

I want a "don't like" button. There's LOADS more things I DON'T like!
          RawShark
          http://the.blogofeternalstench.net

Comment

Originally posted by golden_boy View Post
            too bad I paid money for it and it didn't even run, despite my hardware meeting the back-of-the-box specifications. I guess I'll put all the time I saved on Metro into Stalker!
            Heh the only reason I wanted metro was because I just started playing STALKER SoC (I bought it in 07 but never installed it) and I love it and Metro has a similar backstory/setting.

Comment

Working...
            X