Quake 2 Super shotgun model

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It’s me again!

I have reworked the whole texturing part without the damage and oily part yet.
    You know when you are so focused on learning texturing you forget about the esthetic itself.

Now I am more pleased with the result….

@Ironware yes I’m using the berserker port but for the mod you are asking for don’t know nothing about sorry

Comment

looks totally awesome helloween

with every update i see i wanna be able to have it more in-game
      are you curious about what all there is out there in terms of HD content for quake?
      > then make sure to check out my 'definitive' HD replacement content thread! <
      everything that is out there for quake and both mission-packs, compiled into one massive thread

Comment

Here's that mod [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vh1_qJndgNw]Quake 2 guy is lost in Quake 1 - YouTube[/ame] but can't find a download link

Comment

@splitterface thanks for your support and kind words

@IronWarfare try the link that Seven posted in the second post of this thread!

Cheers

Comment

I already have that mod, but that converts only weapons. Anyway is very funny to pierce ogres with railgun. Bitterman (Quake 2 marine) can seriously kick the ass of Quake's minions

Comment

Shotty is looking good. The only crit I would have is that it's looking too clean. Don't over do it, but a bit of wear and tear wouldn't go amiss.

Ermagerd, is that floor using normal or parallax mapping?

Comment

I agree with tea monster, you need to add some wear and tear, but your model is still awesome! Great Job!
                http://www.nextgenquake.com

Comment

Hi everyone

This is it, I decided to finally share my first attempt on 3D modeling, animating and texturing with this
                  Quake 2 super shotgun.

Beware, it is absolutely not perfect and it has severe artistic flaws. But hay, someone has to start somewhere and make a proper learning curve.

The package is made for the Berserker port but it will also work in KMQake2 port without normals, don't know if the port supports it.
                  If anybody would like to have a version for a specific port just ask it.
                  Hope you would try it and latter post some comments.

Download:
                  http://www.freefilehosting.net/quake2supershotgun11213

@Tea Monster and MadGypsy thanks for your comment.
                  I'd tried to do my best with the wear, dirt and oily part in the specular map in 3DS looks fine, but everything I did here is barely noticeable in game.
                  So I had to make the wear signs also on the diffuse map. Hope that now is a little bit better.

@Tea Monster the floor is done with parallax mapping I think

Cheers! Have fun and take care
                  Helloween

Sorry forgot to say how to enable the new model in Berserker port:
                  in the q2b_config.cfg change line hunk_model to seta hunk_model "10485760"
                  Last edited by Helloween; 02-11-2013, 04:49 AM.

Comment

Thank you!

That is looking good, and it's great to see Q2 getting some love!

Comment

awesome, looks really good, and i just tried and it works fine in quake egl engine too if you just rename the file extension of the pk2 to pkz

are you curious about what all there is out there in terms of HD content for quake?
                      everything that is out there for quake and both mission-packs, compiled into one massive thread

Comment

@Tea Monster thanks for your support

@splitterface in your image I don't see the normals. Maybe you have to change the name of the normal map. Thanks for your kind words too.

Comment

@helloween
                          yeah true, i dun think the egl port supports normals though

Comment

I think DP can run this.
                            WARNING
                            May be too intense for some viewers.
                            Stress Relief Device
                            ....BANG HEAD HERE....
                            ---------------------------
                            .--------------------------

Comment

That looks awesome Helloween! Really good job, man. You made this pretty fast too. I believe you said this is your first model somewhere in this thread, yes? If so, holy crap, you're a natural.

edit: I just re-read the entire thread. I noticed you asked many questions and no one ever answered them. I'm sorry. As far as I am concerned, I honestly didn't know the answers to your questions. I don't know anything about Q2 modding.

You were also using Max which I know nothing about as well. I use blender and sometimes maya. Kudos to you for finishing this regardless of any help.
                              Last edited by MadGypsy; 02-05-2013, 01:35 AM.
                              http://www.nextgenquake.com

Comment

Hi MadGypsy,

Thanks for the compliments, still the model has many flows, which I think is quite logic when you do it for the first time.
                                Now that I have a better knowledge of modeling technics I would do it in a totally different manner.
                                But this circle doesn't have an end, so more you learn more you would change and do better.

The only thing that still buggers my mind is the animation. The tutorials around the net are pretty scars and I couldn't find the answer for my problem.
                                The problem is that I don't know how to correctly animate and then export the mesh to MD3 format.

The model must consist of one mesh and for it one animation. So how do I do the animation of the gun and the hand as a single mesh.
                                I can do it just with moving around the hand part of the mash, but after exporting it the hand would not move in the animation.
                                Just the gun would retain the correct animation.

After all I'm still pretty satisfied with the results and would like to thank you all again for your support.

Cheers!

Comment

Working...
                                X