blood stains, what happened?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• blood stains, what happened?

Hi every1 I use to play quake when I was a kid growing up, anyway to cut a long story, life happened and when I looked again quake4 had been released n I couldn't wait to get my hands on it, the graphics where awesome and the ai was good but time passed and greater games came out...and recently I started thinking back where it all began I then found my "winquake" and started playing lol it was terrible!!! And for some reason I thort about mods checked google and I couldn't believe my eyes I 1st thort it was quake3 with updates, I realized that when fans put there heart to it they create content better than the producers... So any way it got me thinking its 2013 ima surprise my friends and wipe out quake one on a local are network I know they will laugh at 1st but when they see what the "darkplaces" look like with the best mods!! I could fool my self it looks better than Q4........ So my problem is when I started testing this all out I downloaded "dark places 2008 build with "darkplaces mod" and realized how awesome this was that bullet shells never disappear blood stains never disappear its all just chaotic!! But then I ran into sevens lava mod witch was awesome bt it didn't work so I downloaded "darkplaces 2013" and it worked!!! But my problem was that blood stains started to disappear after a short time(I know this feature was implemented for resources sake) but I have a high end pc and would like the stains to remain thru out the level it was also something I was going to boast about I mean really what game do you know where stains, bodies and gibs remain, so my question is how do I activate the stains on darkplaces 2013 to remain I'm a noob at this whole resurrection that I was oblivious thru out time to know about

Start DarkPlaces | press the tilde key " ~ " | type cl_decals_time 10800 | press enter
    They will hang around for a long time now. Default is 20, which I assume is in seconds.
    So they(blood stains) will last for 3 hours
    Name's damage_inc, and killing is my business. Don't worry though, it's nothing personal! Oh wait... maybe it is

Comment

We have opposite problems. I just mowed down a parking lot full of people and none of that shit is disappearing...
      http://www.nextgenquake.com

Comment

Originally posted by MadGypsy View Post
        We have opposite problems. I just mowed down a parking lot full of people and none of that shit is disappearing...
        In that case...

Start DarkPlaces | press the tilde key " ~ " | type cl_run_from_police 1 | press enter... followed by typing cl_escape 1 also... press enter | goodluck!!!
        Name's damage_inc, and killing is my business. Don't worry though, it's nothing personal! Oh wait... maybe it is

Comment

Thanks a million damage inc!!! (Raving around) lol don't have my emoticons set up. I realized I was soo excited typing that essay i never even said "please" lol

Comment

(Raving around) lol don't have my emoticons set up
            I hilighted this as an example of me slowly but surely not understanding anyone here anymore...
            http://www.nextgenquake.com

Comment

Working...
            X