Looking for certain kinds of mods...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looking for certain kinds of mods...

I want to replay Quake again but want something that makes things a bit different.

Basically I was thinking about replaying the game with some kind of a weapons mod or something.

Anyone knows about any mods that spice up the original game?

I don't even care if the weapon isn't great or perfect, it just needs to be fun
    Last edited by hardcore_gamer; 06-08-2013, 01:08 PM.

this was on the quake facebook and i liked it https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gj4QmqYiLkU

the dl link for the mod is in the description. there are a few new guns and a killer dog. cujo is a bad ass and will tag along with you in any quake map. check the read me cose you to add something to the config i think

Comment

Midget Quake - a mod by Rich Whitehouse

Midgets is hilariously fun.

Give it a go.
      Gnounc's Project Graveyard Gnounc's git repo

Comment

I suppose you could always play through the RQuake Coop levels. There are at least 2 servers in the USA and one in europe too. There are custom maps, the monsters are beefed up, you're weapons are beefed up, you can enable the alternate weapons set, and runes, grap hook, etc. is that the sort of thing you were looking for or mods like Travail, nehara, etc?
        If it's the later then a browse on Megazoid's (all hail) the Quaketerminus mods page or the mod database might help you.

Hope this helps

Monty
        Last edited by Mr.Burns; 06-08-2013, 04:01 PM.
        Mr.Burns
        "Helping to keep this community friendly, helpful, and clean of spammers since 2006"
        WWW: Quake Terminus , QuakeVoid You Tube: QuakeVoid
        Servers: Quake.shmack.net, damage.servequake.com

News: JCR's excellent ctsj_jcr map is being ported to OOT

Comment

Those are more like joke mods.

I was thinking more about mods that basically replace your weapons with new ones. Nobody knows about any? I don't care if its crappy counter-strike weapons ripped from that game, I just want some cool new weapons to play with.

Comment

Originally posted by hardcore_gamer View Post
            Those are more like joke mods.

Hello hardcore_gamer,

You must be aware, that almost all mods look (compared to original game and models) like cheap replacement and therefore look a little bit "funny".
            That is in most cases due to the quality of the models.

If you want replacement weapons, you must use "killerquake" for example.

Or of you want to play Duke Nukem´ish, you should play "Duke Nukem The Demonax Project Mod" from Dr.Shadowborg (one of the best modders I know). You can find it under the name: dntdpv05 or dntdp

Have fun,
            Seven

Comment

Future vs. Fantasy Quake info
              e|------------------------0---------------
              B|---------------0^1----------------1----
              G|---------------2------2------0^2-------
              D|---------------2-------2--2-------------
              A|---------------0------------------------
              E|----------------------------------------

Comment

Originally posted by Seven View Post
                You must be aware, that almost all mods look (compared to original game and models) like cheap replacement and therefore look a little bit "funny".
                Yea I know, but that still doesn't mean that every weapons mod has to be a joke mod.

I just thought that there would be a lot of weapons mods for the game since Doom has like a million of them.

Comment

Midgets is actually a very good mod in its own right. Ignoring the fact that its fucking hilarious. It a new weapon with 2..or is it 3, new firing states, and brings something very fresh to the game.

Dont pass it up just because its awesome.
                  Gnounc's Project Graveyard Gnounc's git repo

Comment

Working...
                  X