Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Netquake works on Epsilon

I Tried the Runequake server using Epsilon Quake as seen here :
    [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3FXO7JbRp24]Quake "Epsilon" Build - Ultra graphics mode Preview[/ame]

Well it works so far even in the NewDM Servers
    Well before that i played with Sujoy and MasterSplinter yesturday and i got a littlebit of Frags but Lost

QuakeWorld featured Bunny jumping but not Netquake so i recommeded Netquake for people that dont like to learn Bunny Jumping like my Brother Trevor0402 he cant do much strafe jumping so this should be good for him

IDK if im right though

Anyways, Epsilon is free but needs PAK1.PAK (Buy Quake on Steam) it features Multiplayer using Netquake Servers
    Quake "Epsilon" Build mod - Mod DB

Well hope you like my test results on Netquake and Epsilon (Darkplaces)

Im Always a Quake Fan and Always will be

Hi bryan
    It's a pity you didn't stay on the server tonight, it was a fun custom map

Originally posted by xbryan2000x View Post
    QuakeWorld featured Bunny jumping but not Netquake so i recommeded Netquake for people that dont like to learn Bunny Jumping like my Brother Trevor0402 he cant do much strafe jumping so this should be good for him

IDK if im right though
    You might want to keep your eye open for players like Peg, Polarite and the real Confy and eyecam them if you get the chance. Bunny'ing is certainly a lot easier on QW but these very skilled players make it look easy even on NQ

Kind regards

Monty
    Mr.Burns
    "Helping to keep this community friendly, helpful, and clean of spammers since 2006"
    WWW: Quake Terminus , QuakeVoid You Tube: QuakeVoid
    Servers: Quake.shmack.net, damage.servequake.com

News: JCR's excellent ctsj_jcr map is being ported to OOT

Comment

Looking for ProTips on Netquake

im looking for Pro Tips to play Quake i mean everytime i play at the end i get 1 - 6 while the others get more than just 6 maybe like "16" or more so i might need some pro tips and stuff because im a Newbie.

Yeah and adding to more replacements using Darkplaces.

Best Regards, xBRYAN2000x or QuakerJames

Im Always a Quake Fan and Always will be

Comment

Originally posted by xbryan2000x View Post
        im looking for Pro Tips to play Quake i mean everytime i play at the end i get 1 - 6 while the others get more than just 6 maybe like "16" or more so i might need some pro tips and stuff because im a Newbie...
        Hi
        I've played you a couple of times over the course of this week and although I haven't cammed you, one thing you might want to be conscious of is your spacial awareness. Be aware of your surroundings and players creeping up on you from behind and the side because at the moment you aren't always seeing them. Also learn the maps inside out and back to front as the person you're playing against may well have been playing them for 16 years and knows where to spam, where the blind corners and dark shadows are and all the other little things that can give them to edge.
        You'll probably find that most of the "pro" players you refer to have tweaked and perfected their Quake set up over the years and there may be some settings you could try which may make things a little easier.
        AS mentioned earlier in the thread, try eyecamming some of the better players to see what strategies and techiques they use. You could learn a lot from camming someone like Polarite, Peg, Dude, Baker, Dopa, Mindz, CD, Mom, Dolemite, and many others who are great strategists and also seem to stay out of "trouble" whilst getting a worthy haul of frags..

I'm no pro player but if it helps, and your interested, I'll try and catch you on one of the servers tomorrow, eyecam you and give you an honest opinion or 2.

It can be disheartening to go on some servers as a newbie where no absolutely no quarter is given and spend most of your time in pieces before quickly becoming fead up and leaving. However, don't be disheartened, there are a few players out there who remember how hard it can be when you start out, and also want to encourage people like yourself to come to and stay in the game. From their point of view if they just dominate new players and frighten away then we just have a load of empty servers so it's in all our interests to give newbies a chance and help them along. Those players really do exist, you just have to find them

Kind regards

Monty
        Last edited by Mr.Burns; 06-14-2013, 01:26 AM.
        Mr.Burns
        "Helping to keep this community friendly, helpful, and clean of spammers since 2006"
        WWW: Quake Terminus , QuakeVoid You Tube: QuakeVoid
        Servers: Quake.shmack.net, damage.servequake.com

News: JCR's excellent ctsj_jcr map is being ported to OOT

Comment

of course it works
          Want to get into playing Quake again? Click here for the Multiplayer-Startup kit! laissez bon temps rouler!

Comment

Working...
          X