what weapon is this?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• what weapon is this?

so i was on steam and i decided to look at the quake page. as i was scrolling through the screenshots i came across this:

obviously whoever did the page uploaded a shot from a mod.what weapon is this?
    My Avatars!
    Quake Leagues
    Quake 1.5!!!
    Definitive HD Quake

That might be the proximity mine gun from one of the mission packs, actually.

Comment

no its not. this is the mine gun:

My Avatars!
      Quake Leagues
      Quake 1.5!!!
      Definitive HD Quake

Comment

Not any weapon I've ever seen...of course, I've only played SoA and DoE. Haven't played any others. (How many others are there, btw?)

Comment

Perhaps its an outdated alpha/beta screenshot that is on the STEAM page for some reason?

Comment

A link to the source page / source image could possibly offer more insight.
            Want to get into playing Quake again? Click here for the Multiplayer-Startup kit! laissez bon temps rouler!

Comment

so after doing some thinking and recalling my time in quake, i think it might be a weapon from FvF.
              My Avatars!
              Quake Leagues
              Quake 1.5!!!
              Definitive HD Quake

Comment

ive seen that weapon too...

the poor quality throws me off
                www.quakeone.com/qrack | www.quakeone.com/cax| http://en.twitch.tv/sputnikutah

Comment

Hi syluxman2803!
                  This weapon is the super nailgun", this´s included in "QTEST1", the first beta version published by id Software. Qtest1 is the first preview of quake, weapons, monsters, mapping, and the new 3D environment. You can download even still available. This version was made to test it in single player mode and DM. This file is essential for fans of Quake!

"The Official Quake Deathmatch TEST. Released Saturday, February 24th, 1996. Copyright (C) 1996 id Software, inc"
                  Qtest1.zip 4MB
                  http://ftp.icm.edu.pl/pub/coast/game...ake/qtest1.zip
                  Last edited by Dancomosh; 10-25-2013, 02:05 AM.

Comment

looks like shit
                    http://www.nextgenquake.com

Comment

Nah man, that's the "Less Than" gun. When you press fire, from the base to the tip those less than signs light up in succession, finally releasing a projectile of pure "less than" at your opponent. It was this whole philosophical thing that didn't make the cut. People didn't really identify with "less than" being an actual projectile. Also, equal rights groups protested the weapon on the basis that the projectile implies that the assailant is "greater than" and that is not acceptable in a world where we are all equal.

Did I win?
                      Last edited by MadGypsy; 10-25-2013, 05:39 PM.

Comment

nah, its clearly a chevron gun.
                        Some Game Thing

Comment

nah, its clearly a chevron gun.
                          Too obvious, no creativity was used to create that answer. I give you a zero for effort. Stick to the smarty pants stuff and leave the ridiculous stories/descriptions to me

edit: apparently I can't find the words to say the above in a way that sounds friendly. disclaimer: the above was friendly and hopefully some smilies will help distinguish that

It's OK, R00k once told me that my view of the world is through a cupcake... that didn't sound good at all and it was amplified by the fact that I didn't understand that statement one bit, but I grew as a person and never looked back.
                          Last edited by MadGypsy; 10-26-2013, 07:30 AM.

Comment

only two polygons :/
                            the invasion has begun! hide your children, grab the guns, and pack sandwiches.

syluxman2803

Comment

Interestingly, I would've guessed that the weapon in the first post was a blaster (enforcer laser), as I know that a few people have made models for that.
                              Intelligence is knowing that there is an 'i' in "community".
                              Wisdom is knowing that there is no 'i' in "community".

Comment

Working...
                              X