Gypsys Prefab Archive

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gypsys Prefab Archive

I was just going to post this in my domed arches thread, but I plan on just making stuff all the time so, I figured an all-purpose thread was a better solution.

Fell free to post finished prefabs or picture of WIP architecture of your own.

--

I was looking at this image...

...specifically the bottom rightish multi-arched portion of the image. I decided to make a similar shape. Here are some various angles of my work.

http://www.nextgenquake.com

keep rocking it and don't drink the water

Comment

That's cool and looks great!

GJ!

Is that only in DarkPlaces?

Maybe slap some brick texture on that baby then call it E4m9
      QuakeOne.com
      Quake One Resurrection

QuakeOne.com/qrack
      Great Quake engine

Qrack 1.60.1 Ubuntu Guide
      Get Qrack 1.60.1 running in Ubuntu!

Comment

what the fuck is this?

I don't think QuakeOne can handle anymore outstanding work from you. Take a break from greatness for a while.
        It sounds like some patronizing bullshit that really says "stop posting your work". Like, if you pat me on the head and give me a cookie I'll go to bed like a good boy...

I was born at night, but it wasn't last night.
        Last edited by MadGypsy; 09-17-2013, 02:00 PM.

Comment

Nice Gypsy make Racoon City map for Q1 I think it will be easy for you.

Comment

MadGypsy, Disco (aka PlanetNine) is one of the truly absolutely positive people in the Quake universe. He never posts negative stuff, he's full throttle positive.

[Just info]
            Quakeone.com - Being exactly one-half good and one-half evil has advantages. When a portal opens to the antimatter universe, my opposite is just me with a goatee.

So while you guys all have to fight your anti-matter counterparts, me and my evil twin will be drinking a beer laughing at you guys ...

Comment

Originally posted by Baker View Post
              MadGypsy, Disco (aka PlanetNine) is one of the truly absolutely positive people in the Quake universe. He never posts negative stuff, he's full throttle positive.

[Just info]
              I lol at the hit/miss ratio of our forums members discussions sometimes being taken too literally or not literally enough.
              Want to get into playing Quake again? Click here for the Multiplayer-Startup kit! laissez bon temps rouler!

Comment

I wonder what a whole level of this detail would preform like in Quake.

Not using DarkPlaces?
                QuakeOne.com
                Quake One Resurrection

QuakeOne.com/qrack
                Great Quake engine

Qrack 1.60.1 Ubuntu Guide
                Get Qrack 1.60.1 running in Ubuntu!

Comment

Originally posted by Phenom View Post
                  I wonder what a whole level of this detail would preform like in Quake.

Not using DarkPlaces?
                  It would not perform at all after Quake's measly vertex limit is broken.
                  Scout's Journey
                  Rune of Earth Magic

Comment

would DP even be able to deal with a whole map made like this? mg your stuff is good but is it too good for what quake can do?

Comment

It would not perform at all after Quake's measly vertex limit is broken.
                      Map2 to the rescue... right?

mg your stuff is good but is it too good for what quake can do?
                      IDK. I guess it all depends. I have made large areas with this level of detail in a notable density and didn't have any real trouble. My FPS dropped and my rspeeds were high but 1) I have a shitty computer and 2) A wall could have fixed most of the rspeeds problem.

Another thing to note is some of the detail could easily be removed and made with a texture.

Comment

Originally posted by MadGypsy View Post
                        Another thing to note is some of the detail could easily be removed and made with a texture.
                        Yep for example with the normals or others... that way you will have more performance for other things.
                        Last edited by Sza; 03-03-2014, 12:54 AM.

Comment

Bump ~ You have a new PC now, maybe this could be resurrected? It looked like great stuff.
                          Want to get into playing Quake again? Click here for the Multiplayer-Startup kit! laissez bon temps rouler!

Comment

It's funny you would bump this cause my father and I were just going over my previous threads. I was showing him where to get info I wrote on various things and I'm sure he ended up here some point right before you did.

Anyway, this thread will be revisited in a sense. When I finish with World Engine: Spaghetti Monster Edition I'm going to make a Kung Fu game (primarily designed for android). That's the entire reason I'm rebooting flash quake.

When I get done with the engine stuff, I'll be starting on arena-like maps that are directly pulled from scenes in kung fu movies (I have hundreds). That will of course lead to me making some prefabs. I intend to take a few pages out of GB's book though. My prefabs probably wont be made in radiant. It really depends on what I'm making a prefab of. The kinda funny thing about this project is, a whole lot of my "modding" is actually going to be deleting. Bottom line is, Quake engine and QC has a bunch of stuff I don't need or want. That's why I called it "World Engine" a moment ago. For the most part, I only need the world/sound/model/ssqc/physics functionality of the quake engine. All the start screen/HUD and stats stuff will be handled with flash, the engine will only act as a transmitter of values for that stuff.

There is something really funny that happened to me today. I took a look at all the crossbridge samples and the very last one IS the quake engine. Unfortunately it is absolutely useless to me. They compiled the entire engine into a completely finished flash player executable. I need the engine compiled into an swc (external library that flash can read and interact with). That's how the original flash quake was designed, as an swc. This gave a guy like me the ability to create a flash/air project and write code in AS3 that could effect the engine. I could get these results in another way but it is too much of a mess. I need the swc way to maintain my sanity. Also by separating the AS3 form the engine source, I don't have to keep compiling the engine source every time I make changes in flash. It's not what I would call fast to compile the engine source using crossbridge (essentially cygwin)

Comment

Working...
                            X