MH is back (Sort of ) Hee Hee !

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MadGypsy View Post
    Also, yesterday already PM'ed me and she didn't seem to care at all.
    That was before you started cyberstalking me...
    Intelligence is knowing that there is an 'i' in "community".
    Wisdom is knowing that there is no 'i' in "community".

Comment

OK, well, I apologize for "cyber-stalking" you. All of that happened within a couple of hours, days ago, I would hardly consider it cyber stalking. I also wasn't serious at all and even said so. However, if you felt cyber stalked then I am sorry.
      http://www.nextgenquake.com

Comment

pobody's nerfect, the forums are meant to be fun.
        Quake is where serious bidness is handled!
        Want to get into playing Quake again? Click here for the Multiplayer-Startup kit! laissez bon temps rouler!

Comment

Quake is where serious bidness is handled!
          I didn't think the people here were so fragile. Aside from the fact that I wasn't serious and don't see how any of what I said could even be taken seriously, I could think of much worse things to be called than MH.

I've even put myself in yesterdays shoes and tried to imagine how I would feel if the tables were turned. I'm not seeing the cyber stalking thing... If anything, just play along or ignore it.

"DOH, you got me, you master detective, you. "

That's probably what my response would have been anyway. This was all nothing but silly, playful nonsense.

Comment

With the community as small as it is, I think it's best if you guys respected each other. It's easy to post anonymously without thinking of how others will react to your posts. If a lot of people start getting offended then the usual step is censorship. If moderation isn't happening then people generally leave a community. The better option here is to just respect one another.

Yesterday obviously doesn't like you creating conspiracy theories about her being MH. It doesn't benefit the community either. Judging by the join date I can tell she's new to the forums and this is a shitty first impressions you're giving her. She does some dev work for the community so some of us don't want to see her leave. There are a lot of benefits with devs interacting with the community.

I can tell you're just bored and like to ramble but don't try to play it off like people are just being fragile. Not everyone is a solid rock like you.

Comment

Hey Gypsy

Whats up man. I saw a post the other day somewhere here on Quakeone about some cleaned up .qc that the author implied was possibly better than the alternatives. Was it you, and if so would you mind re-uploading it somewhere for your friend here?

I'm trying to learn .qc from zero basically, and trying to get my setup right so I don't have problems later. Any advice or good tutorial suggestions? Do you think the vqcc compiler that came with qcide is a good one or what do you recommend?

If it was not you, thanks anyways.

And so that I am not totally off topic, I'll just say that I am an MH fan; I think his work is pretty great. As I look up the mountain of code, I am totally amazed by the effort and talent people bring to the table.

Comment

I did clean up my own QC. I don't know about better. I just had my QC to where no matter which compiler you use it doesn't throw errors or warnings.

I could probably upload it for you. I haven't messed with QC for a bit so I need to remember where I put it. Do you want the entire QDev pack? It's just notepad++ with a QC syntax highlighter I made and a lil bat that lets you compile QC with a keyboard shortcut in NP++. I think it's a good starter kit.

Powerful editor, clean QC and ready to compile. Dump in ID1 and go. It also comes with CSQC and that has a keyboard shortcut for compiling as well. I didn't do anything to the CSQC. It's whatever was on LordHavocs site (I believe).

The cleanQC you can get around here is probably just as good as mine. It just throws some warnings that there are vars declared which aren't in use. You can either do what I did, which is just delete those vars or I believe FTEQCC has a silence pragma.

vqcc compiler that came with qcide...
                1) Personally I use FTEQCC and many others do too. It's a very solid and versatile compiler

2) If I remember qcide was little qc editor/compiler that had basic c style syntax hilighting. My little QC editor/compiler was intended to be better than that. The editor alone blows qcide away. I mean, it's NP++, a real professional editor. It also comes with FTEQCC which is probably better than vqcc, by a lot. My syntax highlighter is also for learners. Each var type has a specific color. So you don't have to guess what kind of data the var expects. There's more, but this isn't a commercial. I just wanted you to know the more definitive differences.

@CanadianSniper - heard
                Last edited by MadGypsy; 11-13-2013, 01:21 AM.

Comment

Yes Please

That would be great, because I know even less than it sounds like i do I would really like to check out the whole pack.

To give you perspective, all I have accomplished so far is to complete 3 little beginner tutorials on Inside3d.com. I want to learn more about writing code and Quake makes it seem fun. When I open up the code to look it feels pretty overwhelming, but I will utilize the classic strategy "monkey see, monkey do." Maybe in a year I'll be a little more competent.

Comment

It took a lil time but, I finally found a version that I hadn't started to mod.

there are some things though. I remember now why I said my cleanQC is better than the regular one. My clean QC has dpextensions, player_physics, rotating doors and weather. However weather won't do you much good without the ent definition for it. I can post that too if you use radiant.

If you arent using DP you should comment out dpextensions, sv_user and weather in defs.QC before compiling. Anyway, here ya go. Just dump the zip contents in your quake folder and when asked if you want to overwrite click yes. There is nothing in my package that will have a same name as anything else in ID1. If you are leary then navigate to the develop folder and dump that (the entire folder) in ID1.

QCDevelop - complete editor/compiler environment for QC

edit: I actually already included the radiant ent in the package (I didn't even know). Also to get started navigate within the develop folder to notepad++/notepad++.exe. You will be presented with the read me for my package. If you can't see the notepad++ folder it is because it's hidden. Oversight on my part to include a shortcut in the package.

To unhide it is easy. Just open any folder. In the top menu click tools/folder options. When the thingy appears go to view tab. Mark the radio button that says "show hidden files and folders". Then simply "OK" you're way out of it. Sorry about these stupid extra steps. I should have included a shortcut.

After you read the read me. click "workspace" in the project panel on the left, then click "open workspace". You will be presented with a browse dialogue, navigate to notepad++/editor_files folder and select workspace.pp. This will give you access to all of the QC via the project panel.

It's a bit of humbug (maybe) for this very first setup, but after this it will always open up the entire project just as you closed it.

CNTRL+F1 = compile regular QC
                    CNTRL+F2 = compile CSQC

Also, the Qc Manual is included in PDF format. Use it.

I hope you enjoy my set-up.
                    Last edited by MadGypsy; 11-13-2013, 10:51 AM.

Comment

Working...
                    X