Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Imma make my own Q1 site cuz I'm ban3d

Penistools has gone limp ?
    Producer could not be reached for comment.
    ROFL!
    And someone actually thought Wolv would make a good editor.
    LMFAO.
    WARNING
    May be too intense for some viewers.
    Stress Relief Device
    ....BANG HEAD HERE....
    ---------------------------
    .--------------------------

Notice: Quakeone.com is a Q1 site.

Comment

wolv was only good for punching holes in paper walls and annoying people with his penis envy.
      QuakeOne.com
      Quake One Resurrection

QuakeOne.com/qrack
      Great Quake engine

Qrack 1.60.1 Ubuntu Guide
      Get Qrack 1.60.1 running in Ubuntu!

Comment

pentstools.com • Index page resurrected !
        Want to get into playing Quake again? Click here for the Multiplayer-Startup kit! laissez bon temps rouler!

Comment

too late, who cares

Only thing about pentstools was jumping on the chat window and pulling people into a game.

the forums were actually like writing on a wall in a place where u go to view your dead relatives, before the actual funeral.

even the roaches have left there
          Last edited by R00k; 10-08-2013, 08:45 PM.
          www.quakeone.com/qrack | www.quakeone.com/cax| http://en.twitch.tv/sputnikutah

Comment

I didn't know about pentstools until about 3 months ago. Didn't feel like I was missing anything there that this site didn't already have, so I never registered there.

Quakeone.com ftw

Comment

Riddle me this Riddle me that,
              Where is all the multiplayer cats?

Quake1 used to appeal to the masses,
              But now days all u find is singleplayer asses, (sorry guys,its ryhme for reason)

This is dedicated to the Multiplayer Quakers of past,present, and specifically Pentstools.

goodgame
              Want to get into playing Quake again? Click here for the Multiplayer-Startup kit! laissez bon temps rouler!

Comment

Where is all the multiplayer cats?
                Playing games made this century on established networks and consoles that have a huge user base.

If all the Quake servers were combined into one place and then that place became a famous network, multiplayer would see more action. That's the way I see it anyway. Quake servers are like unorganized militias hoping to compete against a unified army. If those militias would attempt a unification their presence would become more apparent and the "cause" would be empowered.

note: when I say combined in one place I don't mean to actually share a server. I just mean some site somewhere which is blatantly and staunchly about Quake only would advertise server addresses. It would have to be made famous though. Just a lil homepage isn't gonna cut it. You would basically have to make something like Steam for Quake only.
                Last edited by MadGypsy; 10-10-2013, 07:06 AM.
                http://www.nextgenquake.com

Comment

Is it too late to establish that the question was rhetorical ?

More to the point, I've had my finger on Quake1's pulse for ages now, but thanks anyway for being Captain Obvious.

Comment

What MG is suggesting is, if you have a server page listing servers, it sure would be handy to be able to double click that server name and be sent into the game.
                    www.quakeone.com/qrack | www.quakeone.com/cax| http://en.twitch.tv/sputnikutah

Comment

a legal route of putting a fully functioning copy of Quake1 on a newbs computer is needed first.

Click server , annoying popup says "You don't have Quake installed, go buy it here" is a huge turn off. When someone decides they want to check out some nostalgic game, paying for the fn thing a 2nd time around is a huge brickwall. I wouldn't fn pay for Q1 a 2nd time, fuck that.I'm not in the market of buying shit a 2nd,3rd,or 4th time (heres looking at you iPhone owners loooooool) I would however, invest $ into getting the rights to respectfully do a modern update to Quake1.

Comment

I'm starting to think I should have shown my concepts for a social interface for quake a while back, it technically aimed at doing everything said so far.

Might have to redo it all when I get some spare time, I could probably pass it off as college work for graphic design anyway to give myself more time to work on it.

But it'll be image based concepts, not a working program, though I could easily talk through how I would imagine it to be developed. (Until I get better at developing.)
                        twitch
                        wew lad

Comment

planetnine: fteglqw +menu_servers
                          (or stick it in your autoexec.cfg, or just use the multiplayer->join menu)
                          actual logins are harder, but they are possible via qc.
                          Some Game Thing

Comment

What MG is suggesting is, if you have a server page listing servers, it sure would be handy to be able to double click that server name and be sent into the game.
                            Not really. I'm more with what OMac is alluding to. Creating a Quake One Network. I imagine it would actually be something you access within the engine. The problem is, all engines would have to support it (actually maybe that's not a problem at all). That's the focal point that ties all of it together... the one network that is serving all the data. Game servers would obviously still be indy but the network could maintain a list of their existance and serve them to any supporting engine.
                            http://www.nextgenquake.com

Comment

"lol" ~ Lust; every thread xD

@MadGypsy

But yeah, I'll get back to the rough ideas and if somebody wants to add me on skype or steam then go for it.

Steam ~ OMacKnight (might come up as v0dkaUK)
                              Skype ~ Bennathy (probably won't be available for a voice chat)

Edit : And also, I'm happy to make this a thing if I can get developer support. I can design and help explain things from a developers viewpoint, but I'm not a very good developer. So I'd rather have somebody with experience.

(I'll leave a reply once I have a quick mockup)

Edit 2 : And a new engine wouldn't be the worst idea, but I do appreciate that you don't just "make an engine". I do have the next year and a half or so to work before I go to university. Perhaps an offshoot of darkplaces/engine of choice in a similar fashion to how ZDoom went onto being about 5 ports, Skulltag and so on. But this is theory.
                              Last edited by OMacKnight; 10-12-2013, 07:10 AM.
                              twitch
                              wew lad

Comment

Working...
                              X