No announcement yet.

Imma make my own Q1 site cuz I'm ban3d

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It's looking good Efess, I like the way you can drill down on a player.
    Good work!
    Mr.Burns
    "Helping to keep this community friendly, helpful, and clean of spammers since 2006"
    WWW: Quake Terminus , QuakeVoid You Tube: QuakeVoid
    Servers: Quake.shmack.net, damage.servequake.com

News: JCR's excellent ctsj_jcr map is being ported to OOT

Comment

thats pretty neat efess

i love it <3
      are you curious about what all there is out there in terms of HD content for quake?
      > then make sure to check out my 'definitive' HD replacement content thread! <
      everything that is out there for quake and both mission-packs, compiled into one massive thread

Comment

Originally posted by Efess View Post
        I just stumbled on this thread today. Maybe Real Time Server Browser can fill the gap. I've been secretly re-writing it the past few weeks. It has basic player and server stats (WIP too).

It might be possible to launch your quake client after clicking on a "Launch!" icon. I'll have to look into it.

But I was definitely wanting to put a basic "shoutbox" on there so people can idle and join games together.
        The link launch is not anything new as planetquake had it years ago.
        Perhaps you would get some ideas from the wayback machine by looking over some of the source files.
        WARNING
        May be too intense for some viewers.
        Stress Relief Device
        ....BANG HEAD HERE....
        ---------------------------
        .--------------------------

Comment

I did some research, and sites back in the day used a browser plugin called "qplug" to launch quake and connect to servers. This plugin unfortunately only supports netscape and IE up to 5.5, and with the rise of GameSpy, subsequent development ceased.

So like some others mentioned in this thread, a plugin would have to be create (like in adobe air), and manually installed by players who would be interested in using it.

I don't think the community benefit from such a feature would outweigh the dev costs of creating a browser plugin though.

Comment

@like in adobe air

I have no time for this right now but, if I did, I would do it for you. Although, if you were to give me some data that nudges me in the right direction and basically explains the connections that need to be made - ya never know. I find myself dabbling in little side ideas all the time.

One thing though. If you used AIR you wouldn't need a browser plugin. The data can be fed directly to AIR and I've probably even written some of the necessary classes already.

There is one more thing. If I ever get my object notation engine complete, you (someone) could easily turn this into an app. That's the whole point of my engine, to make ideas like these easy to create, cause all of the heavy duty work is already programmed into the engine. That being said, maybe in the future my work and your work can combine to both of our benefit.

You benefit by having an actual app for your work and I benefit by having an actual app from my work. Facts like these inspire me to work.

edit: GJ!! Your project looks good.
            http://www.nextgenquake.com

Comment

Working...
            X