Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Quake Malice music?

Hi guys.

So, I have lots of the old mods I used to play as a kid and got my Malice game going only, I got the music working without the CD for Quake, but I want Malice music for Malice so how can I get Malice to look for different .ogg files?

Example:
    Quake looks for music (unless I have a music CD in my drive) ./id1/sound/cdtracks/track002.ogg

Tried doing this:
    ./Malice/sound/cdtracks/track002.ogg but, still plays the Quake tracks.

Maybe if Malice played different music like:
    ./id1/sound/cdtracks/malice002.ogg I wouldn't have to flip CDs all the time.

Any ideas?

Thanks

Sincerely,
    Ed.

just doing the first should work, placing CDtracks in malice folder

how do you start malice? sounds like you are using wrong parameters which makes the engine load files
    from ID1 folder after the one in malice folder instead of first ID1 and then anything in malice folder overrides that like how it should be.

also, before i ask antyhing else, which engine do you use?
    are you curious about what all there is out there in terms of HD content for quake?
    > then make sure to check out my 'definitive' HD replacement content thread! <
    everything that is out there for quake and both mission-packs, compiled into one massive thread

Comment

I'm using Darkplaces and loading it from the mods menu.
      Might not be the best course of action though; some of the objects I think are not loading.
      Have the same with another mod 'Zer' - a key is missing

Comment

ah that might be your problem. the mods menu in darkplaces mostly doesnt work correctly.
        try starting darkplaces with parameters instead.

lemme teach you how to easily make a bat for this

- make a simple textfile, call it whatever you want
        - open textfile in notepad, and in there type darkplaces.exe -ModFolderName
        - if needed for the mod also add like +map NameOfMap at end of same line if you need to start at a specific map
        - in notepad at left-top, click 'file' > 'save as'
        - in the save-window, at bottom select 'save as type' > 'all files (*.*)'
        - save it as whatevernameyouwant.bat
        - place the bat file you jsut created in the folder where darkplaces.exe is
        - run it, and it will run darkplaces with the parameters you added into the textfile which you saved as bat
        are you curious about what all there is out there in terms of HD content for quake?
        everything that is out there for quake and both mission-packs, compiled into one massive thread

Comment

Talisa is right,
          but normal mods should be started with the game switch as far as I know.
          You should only start the two official mission packs without this.

e.g
          Darkplaces.exe -game malice

(I start it this way)

or

darkplaces.exe -rogue

for mp2. The best one imo....

Offtopic:
          "ZER" is Zerstörer and this one of the best mods out there.

Comment

ah yes, my bad on that

webangel is right, use -game modfoldername instead

also, totally agree, zerstorer is awesum <3

Comment

I like the idea of using BAT files to run game directly but, same result. I'm actually testing it with Malice in the tutorial level, some Scuba Diving gear is missing. Is this due to some data not kept in the MALICE folder, that was installed in the prime Quake folder? I even tried putting all the PAK#.PAK files together and just renaming the MALICE ones and same effect.. Would DARKPLACES acknowledge files placed in the root folder? I installed Malice under DOSBOX and have all original files installed and there are a bunch of .DLL files inside the root QUAKE folder. Does it matter I'm using the 64BIT version of DARKPLACES?

Comment

Originally posted by webangel View Post

Offtopic:
                "ZER" is Zerstörer and this one of the best mods out there.
                Hello webangel , yea zer is very very awesome , maybe we need to make a update for "Hq" for darkplaces (you know, some effects from SMC, realistic rain, new effects instead sprites, RT lights , some textures from models and maps , etc... )
                the invasion has begun! hide your children, grab the guns, and pack sandwiches.

syluxman2803

Comment

Hi Nahuel,
                  sounds like a nice idea.
                  There are several new textures in Zerstörer, but not too much (but some hard ones...).
                  I replaced the liquids already.

Oh, btw.
                  did the Malice liquids too, if anyone is interested.....

Comment

A few moths ago i started a "hd" version but i am have some difficults with textures and stuff :/ aniway we can get better grephic features than this
                    the invasion has begun! hide your children, grab the guns, and pack sandwiches.

syluxman2803

Comment

Yes we should. Count me in, Nahuel!

Back to this topic.
                      I just made a Malice.exe for DP.
                      You can get it here:
                      http://quakeone.com/forums/quake-mod...tml#post140772

Comment

Wow, thank you for telling me. It works perfectly now. Also had a look at the mission pack files and will try them too Thank you again!

Comment

Working...
                        X