X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mplayer is coming back!!!

No this time, it is for real....

mplayerpro.com soon to buy back Mplayer.com

"At Mplayer, we believe in revolutionizing the online gaming industry. The reason is simple, other companies focus more about selling games, when it’s the communities based around playing those games who are the most important to us. Around half of the gaming communities aren’t always playing games, a lot of them like to hang out and socialize too."

"Until now, gamers would have to rent a game server for their team for around $30.00 plus a month, not including the extra cost for a voice chat server. On Mplayer, players will be able to create and moderate their own room, setup their own game server, with voice chat, text chat, private messaging system with peer-to-peer file sharing capabilities and many other features, all for just $6.99 a month! For once gamers who could not afford a game server for private games will now be able to not only have their own server, but will also include all the other features Mplayer provides in a very user friendly environment for fraction of the cost. We believe this will bring competitive game play to unprecedented levels due to the affordability of server access and the multi-structured client platform that is made by gamers for gamers."

Currently PSD-Designs Inc obtained the license for Mplayer. It has been completely revamped to today's architectural 32bit and 64bit standards.

The lead programmer from PSD-Designs Inc and owners Mplayer Pro LLC teamed up and are midway through bug fixes and updates.

Look for a new modern Mplayer service in the very near future. Classic games will still be included such as quake and the more popular classic games along with the most popular newly released games such as BF4, COD, TF2, CS, CS GO etc.

I would advise members to register to keep up with our progression. It is moving along quite fast.

Berry McIntyre
    President

Contact me here if u want mod support for Quake 1.

thanks.
    www.quakeone.com/qrack | www.quakeone.com/cax| http://en.twitch.tv/sputnikutah

Comment

Hopefully this could lure more player into Quake 1, would love to see new mods.
      I am like a stray dog, lost in between what I do and what I should do.
      But sometimes, all you need is Imagination.

Comment

You would not believe the how large the gaming community interests are with Mplayer already. Its overwhelming.. We hope this will also bring back a larger quake community. The day couldn't come soon enough...R00k we will keep you in our thoughts.

Comment

Also if you wouldn't mind spreading the words guys! Thanks alot! This will be great for both of us.

Comment

Originally posted by beary16 View Post
            Also if you wouldn't mind spreading the words guys! Thanks alot! This will be great for both of us.
            News article coming soon!
            Want to get into playing Quake again? Click here for the Multiplayer-Startup kit! laissez bon temps rouler!

Comment

News Article? Hmmm...what would you write that isn't already right here? Are you going to make an article on the home page that is also a stand-alone article which links back to here? Maybe just tie THIS article into the front page. Right?
              http://www.nextgenquake.com

Comment

give it two days and this post is buried/forgotten. What else is there to write about?

Only the most prevalent posts stay floating at the top, like RMQ - ijed
                Want to get into playing Quake again? Click here for the Multiplayer-Startup kit! laissez bon temps rouler!

Comment

Posts only become buried/forgotten if the author becomes negligent. Nobody ever replies to my PD thread (which is fine) but just visiting my thread makes people come and read it. I'm sure there are some other factors that don't apply equally between beary and I but, I'm sure at least posting an update here at some point will throw the spark right back in.

I noticed you sent me a few news PM's after my last post in this thread. I wasn't implying anything, my friend. I was really just pointing out that all the current info is already here. So, what do you write? A pull quote and a link?

I would wait til 2 more substantial updates have been made.

1) updates will give some credibility to this even being real
                  2) you will be highlighting the project closer to the launch (assumption)
                  3) you have a thread of information instead of just a post, to pull from

That's just me and how I would personally approach it. I'm not saying there aren't other/better ways.

Comment

MPlayer... what?! Have I jumped into a wayback time machine or something, next thing you know DWANGO will be coming back, hahahaha

Jokes aside, good luck to ya's though.
                    Name's damage_inc, and killing is my business. Don't worry though, it's nothing personal! Oh wait... maybe it is

Comment

Originally posted by MadGypsy View Post
                      Posts only become buried/forgotten if the author becomes negligent. Nobody ever replies to my PD thread (which is fine) but just visiting my thread makes people come and read it. I'm sure there are some other factors that don't apply equally between beary and I but, I'm sure at least posting an update here at some point will throw the spark right back in.

I noticed you sent me a few news PM's after my last post in this thread. I wasn't implying anything, my friend. I was really just pointing out that all the current info is already here. So, what do you write? A pull quote and a link?

I would wait til 2 more substantial updates have been made.

1) updates will give some credibility to this even being real
                      2) you will be highlighting the project closer to the launch (assumption)
                      3) you have a thread of information instead of just a post, to pull from

That's just me and how I would personally approach it. I'm not saying there aren't other/better ways.
                      It probably holds more 'wow + nostalgia' than you'd realize. Some of us cut teeth on MPlayer server's hah, so it's all good. I hope they can get propped back up on two feet and the such. HEH

Comment

I didn't realize it was a "thing" (you are correct). In my world (the sheltered end of it) this is just an advertisement that claims a bunch of stuff. If it's really a big quakin deal I hope everything turns out as they expect, wish them well...

Comment

So, is there some sauce behind this? I would have commented on this sooner, but I've been incredibly busy. (Thus why I don't just do some searching.)
                          twitch
                          wew lad

Comment

Just a quick update: We have been working on the mIC.exe fixing the knowing hacks such as ghosting and mic lobby I am happy to tell every one them issues have now been fixed .

We have also updated the volume manager to support windows vista/7/8 audio panel so users can see how loud their mic is.

Also we started to get the main sparc server online we are just waiting for a needed lead that is running late on getting here so keep tuned...

-Berry

Comment

Beary, if you get with me in a PM we can work on a news article (and I'll push harder,beyond Quakeone.com News section)

Get with me and I'll give the juicy details.

Comment

Working...
                              X