Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Quake Nice to see a following

Hello,

Well I must say its a pleasant to there is a big following for this game. I recently started playing Quake again and it just bought it all back.

I originally cut my teeth on Quake in December 1996 but at the time Duke 3D held my attention more. I finally moved onto Quake in 1997 when I got a better graphics card. As i had already made a few Duke 3D levels i got into making them for Quake, never put any out there.

Eventually moved onto Quake II then Half-Life. I had a spell of trying to make Half-Life 2 levels about 5 years ago but the levels just take took long.

Started playing Quake again and just had the urge to make a level again. i did not expect there still be a following for this, which I am glad of.

Question is, does anyone still make levels? I recall in 1997-1998 there was several made a day but I know it wont have that sort of following anymore.

Regards

Originally posted by lefletch View Post
    Question is, does anyone still make levels? I recall in 1997-1998 there was several made a day but I know it wont have that sort of following anymore.
    Welcome lefletch,
    there are many new Single Player levels @quaddicted and func_msgboard.

People are still developing for Quake.

Comment

Excellent, just been using Worldcraft trying to get back into it. Would really like to make a level like Shadow of innsmouth which was one of the best.

I almost wanted to do some Quake II as well but I do not think there is quite the same following. Half-life 2 id also tempting, if i had more time (levels are too complex and time consuming).

Comment

I keep meaning to make some levels, but I'm more interested in the art of the levels than the levels themselves these days. But yeah, there is definitely a nice sized following going on around here ;P
        twitch
        wew lad

Comment

Originally posted by OMacKnight View Post
          But yeah, there is definitely a nice sized following going on around here ;P
          Can you please elaborate? What exactly do you mean? "A nice sized following?" Sometimes my brain is a little bit slow... I apologize. But I am curious. Please answer my questions.
          "Through my contact lenses, I have seen them all, I've seen wicked clowns and broken dreams / Crazy men in jumpsuits trying to be extreme and messing around with your computer screen" - Creative Rhyme (03/23/2012)

Comment

There's a decent number of people who are playing quake. Or in some way supporting/following quake.
            twitch
            wew lad

Comment

Working...
            X