Is there any mod that adds a difficulty harder then Nightmare

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is there any mod that adds a difficulty harder then Nightmare

I beat Quake and both mission packs on Nightmare, it was honestly pretty easy and I want something that will truely challenge me.

Try multiplayer.

Comment

I'm not interested in multiplayer, I want a nintendo-hard single player experience.

Comment

Drop acid whilst playing.

Might make it seem harder. :v
        twitch
        wew lad

Comment

I seem to recall seeing an option in one of the dark places threads recently where you could add monsters. You could also give rquake, connect newyork.servequake.com:26001,a try as that has much harder opponents
          Mr.Burns
          "Helping to keep this community friendly, helpful, and clean of spammers since 2006"
          WWW: Quake Terminus , QuakeVoid You Tube: QuakeVoid
          Servers: Quake.shmack.net, damage.servequake.com

News: JCR's excellent ctsj_jcr map is being ported to OOT

Comment

Hi,
            look at
            this post in this thread

Comment

Drop acid whilst playing.

Might make it seem harder. :v
              TRY:
              v_psycho 1

In your config for darkplaces...

also try useing the smc with all the monster clone options

also this map for the drake mod may be challenging to you
              https://www.quaddicted.com/reviews/drysorrow.html

Comment

You might also like my mod horde mode.
                Contradiction is truth. Fear is freedom. Rights are privileges. Job is a commodity. Ignorance is strength.

Comment

yeah for quake made harder, id say SMC is a really good bet to increase difficulty

teleporting wizards and fiends, zombies and ogres that have both X and Y axis aiming... support monsters such as AFRIT and spider.. oh and the Warlord who can replace Death Knights, he's pretty tough at times too

*off topic* also if you play doom 3 and found it too easy, try Testedv7... absolutely FKING brutal difficulty *dare i say masochistic? , even on Recruit... (think adjusting difficulty doesnt work for that mod, its stuck on veteran status, only thing u can do is pick nightmare for 25hp and degenerating health, but you'd be insane to do that, the mods already brutally fking hard lol just play veteran or youll throw pc through a window )
                  and for doom/doomII u got brutal doom/hard doom / etc alright back to topic.
                  anywho
                  im dead effin serious Hope this all helps lol
                  Last edited by -ArDaMaX-; 01-10-2014, 11:58 PM.

Comment

You could always try the mod in the download below; it's a blast.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HL77cYQ4-wg"]Mod and it's source is in the description.[/ame]

Guy says he's been modding since the game came out. Any idea who he is?

Comment

dont forget kleshik of course, if you are talking about difficulty

it makes the game much harder by randomly replacing the monsters with ones from mission-packs and adding different versions of enemies,
                      like the fire-shamblers which throws fireballs at you, and scrags which fire homing spikeballs

and adding random vore-lings appaering, and sometimes you'll get a baby-dragon appear in maps which is really hard to kill

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eDnhAgo3Y5E]Kleshik Coop mod for Quake Darkplaces 2012 - YouTube[/ame]

links to download are in the description of the video
                      are you curious about what all there is out there in terms of HD content for quake?
                      > then make sure to check out my 'definitive' HD replacement content thread! <
                      everything that is out there for quake and both mission-packs, compiled into one massive thread

Comment

Yes, I would also recommend Kleshik! It's awesome!! And HARD, of course
                        MOD it! Start Point Remake Quake Scout's Journey Quaketastic WhiteDay Quake Terminus UQE

Comment

Originally posted by Hoodoo456 View Post
                          I beat Quake and both mission packs on Nightmare, it was honestly pretty easy and I want something that will truely challenge me.
                          Hello Hoodoo456,

You played through the original Quake and mission pack levels.
                          Replaying them with a mod does not make much sense.

Try any of these fan-made maps: click me
                          They are a LOT harder and you will have an entertaining time, playing them

I always wonder why mappers make their fan-made maps so incredibly hard.
                          "Easy" skill is not what it should be in those maps.
                          But then again, it might be my poor skills...

Have fun with the neverending map supply.
                          Seven

Comment

Even if Seven says that I personally think it is nice to have a new challenge in the well known levels. I like it because usually the difficult comes from the fact you do not know what happens next... Instead in well-known levels the difficulty is true.

Try the Small Mod Compilation with the autoexec I enclosed.
                            Attached Files
                            Last edited by ezzetabi; 01-27-2014, 02:33 AM.
                            Contradiction is truth. Fear is freedom. Rights are privileges. Job is a commodity. Ignorance is strength.

Comment

Working...
                            X