where I can download the origin Quake game

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• where I can download the origin Quake game

I am studying the quake 1 source code downloaded from github. but I cannot run it because I haven't game files. I download a fuhquake, use fuhquake client connects my origin quake server , it seems I cannot move my character in the game. the client always display "Unknown Command xxx" . how can I fix the problem , is that I have to download the origin quake game files?

solution: buy the game

you can buy quake for just a few bucks on steam:
    QUAKE on Steam
    are you curious about what all there is out there in terms of HD content for quake?
    > then make sure to check out my 'definitive' HD replacement content thread! <
    everything that is out there for quake and both mission-packs, compiled into one massive thread

Comment

In some countries (like Germany for example), Quake is not available for purchase on Steam. In that case, you could still receive it as a gift from friends for example, however.
      Authentic Models Pack
      OriOn's ID1 Model Fixes for MP1+2
      LIT/VIS files for Quake addons

Comment

you can get the original CD ROM in some stores, or buy the digital version on steam
        aniway, to start modding you do not need the original quake at all
        get this from darkplaces web
        http://icculus.org/twilight/darkplac...minidevkit.zip

also you can get the GPL'ed quake based game openquartz
        Download Open Quartz from SourceForge.net

This is 100% free and legal stuff
        the invasion has begun! hide your children, grab the guns, and pack sandwiches.

syluxman2803

Comment

or

free quake
          http://www.nextgenquake.com

Comment

Originally posted by MadGypsy View Post
            In my opinion, this is one of the best answers ever! No, I mean it! (Seriously). I think that Free Quake is better than the full version of Unreal Tournament. Free Quake is old school, yet competitive. Free Quake is artistically simple, yet technologically complex.
            "Through my contact lenses, I have seen them all, I've seen wicked clowns and broken dreams / Crazy men in jumpsuits trying to be extreme and messing around with your computer screen" - Creative Rhyme (03/23/2012)

Comment

Haven't actually played this "free quake"

might take a gander now that people seem to recommend it

(I do own quake, I'm just curious at this point)
              twitch
              wew lad

Comment

I don't see a reason to not buy the game! It's $9 USD on steam, and we all have bought tons of games on steam, that we don't even play.
                Fórum QuakeBrasil

Lots of Quake related stuff

Comment

Hi

This could be interesting if it is what I think.

But what are the limitations of this "Free Quake" version?? Episodes 2-3-4 ok... but what about multiplayer, mods, etc. etc. etc.

I will try it myself soon and let you know but this won't be before 1+ month

Comment

oh god not "free quake" again.
                    My Avatars!
                    Quake Leagues
                    Quake 1.5!!!
                    Definitive HD Quake

Comment

Free quake is shareware quake. There's no point to "check it out" if you have the full game.

Or I could save you some DL time. Delete PAK1 from your quake folder, voila', free quake.
                      http://www.nextgenquake.com

Comment

Where's QuakeR00t , its 2014. Year of 'Distributed DM1-DM3' .
                        Where's Baker at , its 2014. I think its time.
                        Where's r00k at , cooks Q1 mods faster than u can flip a fn flapjack. Just add beer!!

-strip out everything except DM1 through DM6 map designs (sounds,textures,fonts?models?how deep does the replacement rabbit hole go?)

-rebuild entire game around maps DM1 through DM6, that was a deep fucking hole.

Most importantly, do it better than its been done. Way better
                        Stop trying to polish turds
                        throw out the turd pottery!!!!!!! old assets looking like Quake new like booooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooo

Maybe Quake was never Quake ,it was the Snorks and they shot rockets,lightning,nails,bullets,and other riff raff out of their blow-holes?

Want to get into playing Quake again? Click here for the Multiplayer-Startup kit! laissez bon temps rouler!

Comment

at this point, its possible to play multiplayer quake for free.
                          www.quakeone.com/qrack | www.quakeone.com/cax| http://en.twitch.tv/sputnikutah

Comment

Working...
                          X