good idea?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• good idea?

Hmm... I thought of a descent Idea that probably wont happen but it could be considered... Ok there are alot of servers that have no activity like CTF and CA and some others... I was thinking of making a schedule like what days we should all play CTF, Runes, DM, Ca, and etc... That way the people who are paying for them arent wasting there money... Also it might attract the oldskool Players and new players who are interested in that type of MOD... Please tell me if this is a farly descent Idea or just no use in doing it at all ...

P.S. just a guy who wants to help

It's a good idea in theory but the problem is getting the people to actually play. I've found in all the years of playing Quake, setting up games at specific times usually always fails.

Comment

Yes, the only thing that I've ever seen remotely work, and tremendously at that, is Skulltag's FNFN (Friday Night Frag Night), where during a certain period of time, everyone goes to Skulltag and plays Doom at the same time. That could possibly work, but it seems not to ever attract many people unless it's introduced with the client or game.
      "It's called being awesome, maybe you should try it." -Bank

Comment

We need a 1v1 DM6 tournament!! Where are all the 1v1 deathmatchers at???

Comment

I'm never played a lot of 1 v 1 dm, but I have been thinking it would be great to try to get some of these players back in the game. This site is about quake 1 in general, we need to also support specific areas of quake that need a a home. The ctf forum, for example, was created for this purpose. I asked tical yesterday if he wanted to try to get some DM'ers organized on quakeone.com, but he didnt' seem interested. Try to round up some interested parties, mike!
          uakene.com

Comment

That sounds like a good idea, but it probably would not work out. People would be too lazy to figure out the times and stuff... They just want a server that always plays the same modification.

Comment

I don't think it's a matter of lazy.. More the overworked brain that just wants to crash into what they are used to. From what I see of everyones work responsibilities they are pretty brain dead by 5 pm.. A schedule would be good as most know on Tues & Thurs where to find me. Now that Deadzone is back up I am working that back into the schedule. ;Þ CTF is good to. I don't mind CTF. FVF.. I don't like at all. CA/RA is iffy and seems like more for those that like to compete. I say post a schedule.. see how it flys. Can't hurt?
              www.Net-Tyme.com
              Lifes a game.. It's time to Play!
              Quake.net-tyme.com Pick your Poison.

Comment

Yeah, I agree too that CA/RA is for competition type-people. I like competing in Quake but not to the point that it gets morally deteriorating.

Comment

Working...
                X