West coast based pub server.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• West coast based pub server.

We need a west coast based pub server, my kids are old enough to quake already and there showing some intrest even there cousins and stuff wanna try it out. I see new generation playing minecraft and doing pvp and quake doesnt look much worse, maybe we can get some of the new gen into this if we set them up with a decent place to play. I mean something easy something with decent pings, lots of fun maps and not hard to install? Like does it really need to rotate through all 100 maps? Cant we just setup a decent pub server with 10-15 fun maps? Like elder etc lots of quads armor weapons etc, something where they can actually learn on before getting into dm ca 3wave etc? I mean look at our options of pub servers, shamrock has so much going on with like a 1000 diffrent runes even i get confused whats goin on in there.
    Im even willing to pitch in or even host a server on my own. What you guys think? Second generation is coming up to age and maybe we can bring this back even a little for our own youngins.
    Jack

Where were you when i was running my westcoast server in Los Angeles & San Jose, CA. I closed them 8 months ago for never being used even though some people pinged 15-30 in game. I have considered re-opening 2 servers again but not sure.

Comment

That would be cool and i was where any other dad would be these days lol. Working and running errands, but lately i noticed this trend with the teenage kids with minecraft and im like damn thats 1 ugly pixelized game even quake looks better then that. Thinkin i can get a crowd going and maybe even play myself from time to time. That would be great and id be willing to gelp out in anyway. Im even thinking of making like 1 zip file that does it all, pak files etc so that as long as they buy quake legally or whatever just make it easy for them to install without going through all the drama like we use to, maybe even include qrack or glpro. Just thinking somthing simple that works. There use to be a server back in the days on the west coast that just cycled through like 15 maps and thats where i grew up lol knew every map by heart and spawns etc, these days if you think about it, its pretty hard for you to just throw someone in ctf because there isnt anyone else on to answer questions and stuff so they get discouraged in my opinion. Anyway maybe im just hoping to much but would be really cool to have a place to pass some time again.
      Thanks for the reply wicked.
      Jack

Comment

I wished there were something like this in the UK

but nowadays I just feel lucky if I get onto a decent server and have half an idea as to what's going on.
        twitch
        wew lad

Comment

Originally posted by OMacKnight View Post
          I wished there were something like this in the UK

but nowadays I just feel lucky if I get onto a decent server and have half an idea as to what's going on.
          there's bigfoot.quake1.net

Comment

It's one of the 5 EU servers I can find through proquake

and they're mostly empty

twitch
            wew lad

Comment

Hi Omac,

In Proquake, you should be able to use the in-game browser to find populated servers. I believe it is populated by the servers list here at QuakeOne.com and should be accessible via the F5 key or Menu->Multiplayer. (as I recall)
              Alternatively, and if you want to see who is on the server you could use Polarite's quick console server script. I use it regularly as it is quick and easy.

Hope this helps

Monty
              Mr.Burns
              "Helping to keep this community friendly, helpful, and clean of spammers since 2006"
              WWW: Quake Terminus , QuakeVoid You Tube: QuakeVoid
              Servers: Quake.shmack.net, damage.servequake.com

News: JCR's excellent ctsj_jcr map is being ported to OOT

Comment

Originally posted by Mr.Burns View Post
                Hi Omac,

In Proquake, you should be able to use the in-game browser to find populated servers. I believe it is populated by the servers list here at QuakeOne.com and should be accessible via the F5 key or Menu->Multiplayer. (as I recall)
                Alternatively, and if you want to see who is on the server you could use Polarite's quick console server script. I use it regularly as it is quick and easy.

Hope this helps

Monty
                That's how I got on the other night
                twitch
                wew lad

Comment

Working...
                X