Engine bug?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Engine bug?

Guys, i was VERY disappointed cause of small..errors of DP engine so to say. When i walked throught original episodes, in one of my favorite levels - Underearth there was a bug with trap. Looks like old original engine was well adapted to traps - everybody knows original trap with ogre, where pressing a button was making metal block moving and blowing ogre ass But now..this metal shit "catches" ogre and keeps pulling him from floor to ceiling...wtf? Another tricks since i'm using DP work the same...what it could be?

It happens random, but 2/3 times i try he stucks in trap and moving around...
    Last edited by Priest777; 04-04-2014, 03:04 PM.

i personally have no idea which 'trap' you might be talking about

can you tell the mapname as in which episode and which map-number you mean, like ExMx?
    and perhaps you could make a screenshot of the 'trap' you speak of?
    are you curious about what all there is out there in terms of HD content for quake?
    > then make sure to check out my 'definitive' HD replacement content thread! <
    everything that is out there for quake and both mission-packs, compiled into one massive thread

Comment

Map: Underearth, E2M7, bug appears random, each moment i don't sure will it happen or not.
      I don't know how to post pic, i'm newbie here, still haven't 10 posts

Comment

ah ive found the 'trap' you speak off, with the big spike coming down and gibbing the ogre.

i have tried it a whole bunch of times in row both with the SMC and without the SMC and it works fine... no problem there.
        and it also doesnt happen without the SMC, so its most definitely not an engine-bug either.

are you using the original SMC or did you download _smith_'s 'quake HD' pack?
        cuz this bug doesnt seem to happen in the original SMC and also not without it.

_smith_ included a modified version of the SMC in his pack. if you are his pack its a bug in his QC which causes the bug

if you are indeed using _smith_'s "quake HD"-pack, you should re-post about the bug in his official thread:
        http://quakeone.com/forums/quake-tal...ew-spawns.html
        are you curious about what all there is out there in terms of HD content for quake?
        everything that is out there for quake and both mission-packs, compiled into one massive thread

Comment

now, it's gone. All i needed is to delete autoexec of SMC and copy original with standart configs. Now he's perfectly gibbin each time.
          Sometimes removing everything helps a lot.

Comment

all righty, glad you managed to solve your issue by using a fresh copy of autoexec.cfg

no idea though what mightve caused the problem

only thing i could think of is if you had set any of the sv_gameplayfix lines to 0 or removed them
            they should always remain set to 1 cuz otherwise you WILL experience problems

Comment

Working...
            X