Shub-Niggurath's Pit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shub-Niggurath's Pit

So impressed of viewing beta monsters (Vomitus, Serpent, old Vore, Dragon). So i'm asking myself is there any great mods adding awesome deleted Slipgate shit into our Quake's dimension? It's advisible if these creatures are integrated into Q1 mods with ORIGINAL balance and gameplay (not like Chaos mod: Archon).
    And another bullshit - in Qtest mod their animations..VERY eyes bleeding.
    Image - Vomitus.png - QuakeWiki
    Serpent - QuakeWiki

The drake mod has a dragon.
    'Replacement Player Models' Project

Comment

both drake-mod and zerstorer have the Qtest shalrath added in as enemies

in zerstorer it can be found in zer1m3

Zerstörer v1.1 @ quaddicted

and the NSOE map-set which uses drake-mod features it in the map nsoe5

Soul of Evil: Indian Summer @ quaddicted

dun think ive ever heard of any mods which implented the serpent or vomitus though

would love to see the serpent implented in any mods myself, its a pretty cool-looking monster <3
      are you curious about what all there is out there in terms of HD content for quake?
      > then make sure to check out my 'definitive' HD replacement content thread! <
      everything that is out there for quake and both mission-packs, compiled into one massive thread

Comment

Oh yeah forgot about that. The original Soul of Evil has the Shalrath guy as well in the last boss battle.

Comment

Did you try Remake Quake? The link is n my signature. I clearly remember Vomitus is there.
          MOD it! Start Point Remake Quake Scout's Journey Quaketastic WhiteDay Quake Terminus UQE

Comment

You helped me again, Talisa, Indian Summer is awesome! It's so bad drake mod is unfinished..

Comment

Crap, I completely forgot about the dragon.

Comment

@priest777
                drake-mod is not 'unfinished'. just like seven's SMC its a project to add new features and weapons and monsters and such to quake so mappers can add them to their maps.

there is no such thing as finished or unfinished for a mod like that

BTW if you liked indian summer, you should def give these drake-maps a try...
                they're much more fantastic and amazing then the ones from NSOE <3
                something wicked this way comes

unforgiven

nyarlathotep

they require either a DP build from 2013 or later or RMQ engine or any other engine with BSP2 support though
                Last edited by talisa; 04-06-2014, 07:42 AM.
                are you curious about what all there is out there in terms of HD content for quake?
                everything that is out there for quake and both mission-packs, compiled into one massive thread

Comment

I've played all of these maps but necros' are still my favorite. Main question is bout old Vore animation and effects - are they origilal (i mean how id planned it) or they were changed by modders prefers?
                  Last edited by Priest777; 04-06-2014, 10:39 PM.

Comment

owww, dude...soe is amazing, BUT! Just two days later i caught strange error. I tried to run soe and nsoe on my DP, bug happened when i typed new game. That is not supposed to be with such mods i've installed. I got QRP + dpwater + SMC 4.72. Problem is when new game begins (loading) it crashes with letter in console: "can't find function rain_think"...something like this. What it could be?

Comment

I've played through then entire SOE and never saw anything like that. Are you trying to run SOE with another mod already enabled? DP will allow this, and the results are totally unpredictable. I just tried running Quoth and RiftQuake simultaneously. Very weird stuff. Make sure you only run one mod at a time.

Comment

@priest
                        this rain_think bug is caused by using ent-files for rain for normal quake-maps.
                        this is a feature from the SMC and is NOT supported by other mods.

the start-map of SOE is also called start.map, which is the same name as the start-map from normal quake.
                        so if you have any ent-files for rain in your ID1 folder, DP will find and load start.ent (ent-file made for quake's start-map) for the start-map of SOE...
                        which results in an error cuz the rain_think function these ent-files use is a feature from the SMC and the mod doesnt know this function

solution: remove any (packs with) ent-files from your ID1 folder, and be sure to check the ID1\maps folder too to see if there are no ent-files there either.

after you remove any ent-files you'll be able to start SOE just fine

Comment

option 1: move silly smc from your id1 folder into a regular mod folder
                          option 2: write sv_entpatch 0 into your mod´s autoexec.cfg (to ignore .ent files)

Comment

Thanks a lot, Seven. This command works perfectly and...it's also very useful. Just changing the value from 0 to 1 making weather enabled/disabled, so now i can run different mods.

Comment

Working...
                            X