Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Do you like medeval maps? Good Opensource Music? Varied Weapons. Lightning gun?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do you like medeval maps? Good Opensource Music? Varied Weapons. Lightning gun?

Do you like varied map styles like the original Unreal Tournament including Medeval Maps? Good Opensource Music? Varied weapons some with moving parts (pistols)? A lightning gun?
    Maybe try out chaosesque anthology. It's 4.7 gigabytes of that stuff.

ChaosEsque:Anthology Windows, Mac, Linux game - Mod DB

It's all opensource, all of the time, and Divverent suggested the name.
    And based off (is a fork or mod of) of xonotic and nexuiz.

Remeber raiders of the lost arc (but in antartica)

Prefabs so you can build a map quickly:

(Also: 48 weapons, want to add more, hit a code wall... well a mental wall because I can't figure out how to extend it, but it has been said to be easy Beyond 48 weapons, help is needed. (Code help) (ChaosEsqueAnthology) (Xonotic Mod) | OpenGameArt.org )

well this intrigues me. ill be checking it out soon.
    My Avatars!
    Quake Leagues
    Quake 1.5!!!
    Definitive HD Quake

Comment

This has been updated to version 42, which has various improvements and additions,
      especially in the buildable building code area. You can build more stuff.
      Download ChaosEsqueAnthology from SourceForge.net

Additionally the development environment has been release in convenient tar.gz format.
      Someone should back that up:
      chaosesque dev environment | SourceForge.net

Has the git repos etc.
      (In the way that it exists on the dev's computers)

Comment

Update

Here's an update on the mod:
        Greetings fellow gamers. Much has changed since the last news was posted.
        ChaosEsque Anthology has now reached Release 43.

A new arena has been added for release, Island Sky Arena.
        It is a hand to hand combat arena, but can also be used for melee weapon fights or capture the flag as-well.

The duengon of darkhold17 has gotten deeper, with new chambers of torment, caves, and prisons below.

Where monsters are concerned, there is now a greater variety of spiders, large and small.
        Furthermore, skeletons wield various new melee weapons, which brings us to our next topic...

Various new weapons have been added. These include both ranged and melee alike.
        In the ranged class there is now a 357 magnum and a .50 cal pistol.
        In the melee class that which is new is a crowbar, yari, tetsubo, katana, odachi, nagamaki, and a sabre of light/plasma.

Flashbangs and smoke grenades were added as-well, in addition to regular off-handed grenades. Nuclear explosions create flashes of light which take time to diminish.

Building options have increased, allowing the player to build in anything from
        iron beams to marble (over 20 colors / types thereof). Blocks can be flipped
        via command, before building, roof blocks allow many shades to be selected,
        stone blocks come in many styles to choose from. Commands to help the in-game
        builder create his fortress the way he desires have been added (they are listed
        in the commands menu).

Additionally Buildings can be built atop buildings if the player wishes, so towers can be created, or citadels can be built using tall foundations with walls and castles above. There are also bridges and outpost towers existing as options in the build system.

The server admin now has flexibility in setting building allowances: up to
        and including complete freedom: no cost building, build anywhere (including
        building blocks in DeathMatch maps), build quickly. These are check-boxes in
        the menu system (but can also be set via variable in the server's config file)

Building a kingdom of heaven:

We hope you enjoy the new fighting and building options!

Download if you wish: Download ChaosEsqueAnthology from SourceForge.net

Comment

Release 44:
          New Buildable Buildings:
          -Siege Workshop
          -Treetop Sentry (treehouse)
          New Mounted weapon:
          -Battering Ram
          Various improvements to the buildable buildings system.
          Siege Workshop added to the randomly place buildings mutator.

Release 45:
          New Buildable Buildings:
          -Office Tower
          -Wooden Stake Floor
          -Iron Spike Floor
          -Wooden Stakes (64x64 block)
          -Wooden Bridges (wide and narrow)
          Improvements to the burning code.
          Improvements to ruble code for wooden bridge.
          Office tower added to the randomly place buildings mutator.

Download: Download ChaosEsqueAnthology from SourceForge.net

Screenshots: ChaosEsque Anthology | Linux game database

DirectDownload of Release 45, no Javascript: http://downloads.sourceforge.net/pro...=liquidtelecom

Enjoy!

Comment

Did you find a way to surpass your weapon limitation?
            Want to get into playing Quake again? Click here for the Multiplayer-Startup kit! laissez bon temps rouler!

Comment

Looks interesting, but the download timed out after 30 minutes from the sourceforge page earlier today. I'll try again later.

Comment

Some short videos:

Fist fighting etc (think mortal kombat) [ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-rPZajaka0s[/ame]
                fighting on tower (guns) [ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vDZ3PVN9iHI[/ame]
                Castle: [ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Krbh8kGpO6I[/ame]
                space station: [ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HWQaeOsp99s[/ame]

Updates:

New Release: 46.
                Did a good deal of code having to do with doors and the buildable building code. You can now build doors. You can also teamlock doors you build or doors that come with buildings you build. Also in the code you can directly set door trigger mins/maxs and set doors to open for less things than normaly they would (ie: only players/bots/ and monsters, not just anything that moves). Some new commands have also been added: lock, unlock, softlock, hardlock, multitool placetype and multitool buildingsnap. Placetype allows you to switch from building where you are standing to building where you are looking forward a little bit. Buildingsnap allows you to have building snap to 64qunits like blocks if you wish.

New Buildables -Wood Door -Steel Door -Wood Paneled Door -Glass Door Ability to teamlock doors on buildable buildings. Misc improvements.

Release 47:

New Buildables:
                -Metal Drum
                -Gasoline Drum
                -Explosive Charge
                -FireSupression station (Misc random building mutator will build Fire suppression stations in addition to all the other building it builds)
                Added variable for vehicles so that when set when they are placed the traceline collides: movetype_normal (default is worldonly) Exploding gasoline drums ignight nearby trees (and wooden buildings) Explosive charges blow the trees up. Enjoy!

Download link: Download ChaosEsqueAnthology from SourceForge.net

Comment

Other videos are on this channel: http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCpfKI2v7BTPBrx6HWvEx1Lw

Comment

Originally posted by xaGe View Post
                    Looks interesting, but the download timed out after 30 minutes from the sourceforge page earlier today. I'll try again later.
                    I found when uploading to sourceforge I would get disconnects, now I reset all my routers before uploading and it works. The file is over 4GB. 32bits can only address so many bits, I wonder if it was some counter on one of the routers that was stoping me?

I hope you were able to download

Comment

Originally posted by Mindf!3ldzX View Post
                      Did you find a way to surpass your weapon limitation?
                      Yes, Divverent helped me and taught me how to do it.

Here is the file with the code that made it happen:
                      SourceForge - chaosesqueanthology/xonotic-data.pk3dir/blob - qcsrc/common/items.qh

At the end of this file is the conversation where he taught me:
                      SourceForge - chaosesqueanthology/xonotic-data.pk3dir/blob - qcsrc/common/someinformationabout_items_qh.txt

Note: this doesn't quite work with fteqcc anymore. It should but there are bugs in fteqcc that mess up the weapset bits when you throw down some weaps.

So the build proccess is this: compile with both to make sure we didn't hit any bugs (fteqcc catches bugs gmqcc does not). Usually compiling with gmqcc when coding, bugfixing etc, but a final test compile to make sure there are no bugs (this happens alot, so it's important to do: like did I accidently use a internal global var (gmqcc won't catch this, fteqcc will catch reserved variable use and stop compile)

make clean between each time we switch compilers.
                      Once we are bug free. Then again.
                      If changes to the menu were made, compile with fteqcc, because gmqcc (atleast the version we're using) doesn't do multi-lingual languages for somereason. Copy /menu.dat
                      to somewhere. Make clean.
                      Compile with gmqcc.
                      Copy fteqcc's menu.dat back over.

(So most code is gmqcc, the menu is fteqcc)

Make the pk3s etc.
                      and all that.

Comment

Here is the discussion where he taught me (he allows this to be redistributed):
                        118 IRC discussion about weapset, you can keep adding them, just follow the pattern:
                        119 03:43 <divVerent> it is possible to extend the bitshift code, but I
                        120 won't
                        121 03:43 <divVerent> it's a lot of work
                        122 03:43 <divVerent> trivial work, but any typo will break it horribly
                        123 03:43 <divVerent> just change any part that handles _x and _y to also
                        124 handle _z
                        125 03:44 <divVerent> but beware, this is typo hell. Any typo you make,
                        126 and it'll explode.
                        127 08:36 <irrilichdemon> I don't really understand how to
                        128 08:36 <irrilichdemon>
                        129 SourceForge - chaosesqueanthology/xonotic-data.pk3dir/blob - qcsrc/common/items.qh
                        130 08:36 <irrilichdemon> would something like this:
                        131 08:36 <irrilichdemon> 145 # define WEPSET_OP1_EE(a,b,mergeop,x)
                        132 (((a)._WS1_weapons x (b)._WS1_weapons) mergeop ((a)._WS2_weapons x
                        133 (b)._WS2_weapons))
                        134 08:36 <irrilichdemon> 146 # define WEPSET_OP2_EE(a,b,mergeop,x,y)
                        135 (((a)._WS1_weapons x (b)._WS1_weapons y (a)._WS1_weapons) mergeop
                        136 ((a)._WS2_weapons x (b)._WS2_weapons y (a)._WS2_weapons))
                        137 08:36 <irrilichdemon>
                        138 08:36 <irrilichdemon> change to something like this:
                        139 08:37 <irrilichdemon> 145 # define WEPSET_OP1_EE(a,b,c,mergeop,x)
                        140 (((a)._WS1_weapons x (b)._WS1_weapons) mergeop ((a)._WS2_weapons x
                        141 (b)._WS2_weapons))
                        142 08:37 <irrilichdemon> 146 # define WEPSET_OP2_EE(a,b,mergeop,x,y)
                        143 (((a)._WS1_weapons x (b)._WS1_weapons y (a)._WS1_weapons) mergeop
                        144 ((a)._WS2_weapons x (b)._WS2_weapons y (a)._WS2_weapons))
                        145 08:37 <irrilichdemon> 147 # define WEPSET_OP3_EE(a,b,c,mergeop,x,y,z)
                        146 (((a)._WS1_weapons x (b)._WS1_weapons y (b)._WS1_weapons z
                        147 (a)._WS1_weapons) mergeop ((a)._WS2_weapons x (b)._WS2_weapons y
                        148 (c)._WS2_weapons z (a)._WS2_weapons))
                        149 08:45 <irrilichdemon>
                        150 08:45 <irrilichdemon> or should it be like:
                        151 08:46 <divVerent> no, you only change the right side
                        152 08:46 <divVerent> one example
                        153 08:46 <divVerent> \# define WEPSET_OP1_EE(a,b,mergeop,x)
                        154 (((a)._WS1_weapons x (b)._WS1_weapons) mergeop ((a)._WS2_weapons x
                        155 (b)._WS2_weapons))
                        156 08:46 <divVerent> becomes
                        157 08:47 <divVerent> # define WEPSET_OP1_EE(a,b,mergeop,x)
                        158 (((a)._WS1_weapons x (b)._WS1_weapons) mergeop ((a)._WS2_weapons x
                        159 (b)._WS2_weapons) mergeop ((a)._WS3_weapons x (b)._WS3_weapons))
                        160 08:47 <divVerent> and yes, this way 72 isn't even the final limit -
                        161 you can add as many _WS*_weapons as you want that way
                        162 08:47 <divVerent> but it's horrible to do this for all those macros
                        163 08:47 <divVerent> at least you only need to work on the "abstract
                        164 group" of the macros, i.e. the top
                        165 08:47 <irrilichdemon> It's like coding perl
                        166 08:47 <divVerent> not on the individual operations at the bottom
                        167 08:48 <divVerent> but really
                        168 08:48 <divVerent> switch to gmqcc already
                        169 08:48 <divVerent> you're spending a lot of work to maintain legacy crap
                        170 08:48 <irrilichdemon> it won't compile the language stuff on my
                        171 version of xonotic qc
                        172 08:48 <divVerent> not even with -std=fteqcc?
                        173 08:48 <irrilichdemon> russian etc only displays if compiled with fteqcc
                        174 08:48 <divVerent> that's a bug and the gmqcc authors may want to fix
                        175 that
                        176 08:49 <divVerent> how did you put russian chars in the source?
                        177 08:49 <divVerent> gmqcc expects UTF-8
                        178 08:49 <irrilichdemon> I didn't, but there is a translation file
                        179 08:49 <divVerent> that should work just fine
                        180 08:49 <irrilichdemon> it just doesn't work with gmqcc
                        181 08:49 <divVerent> as long as you _("mark") your strings
                        182 08:49 <divVerent> does it also break for other languages?
                        183 08:50 <irrilichdemon> yes
                        184 08:50 <irrilichdemon> spanish doesn't work either
                        185 08:50 <divVerent> prvm_language dump
                        186 08:50 <divVerent> restart
                        187 08:50 <divVerent> will it write a working .pot file?
                        188 08:50 <irrilichdemon> I'm guessing no
                        189 08:50 <divVerent> something's broken in your source if that happens,
                        190 but that really needs fixing in gmqcc
                        191 08:50 <irrilichdemon> I need to stick with the source I have tho,
                        192 because I really can't keep up with samual
                        193 08:51 <irrilichdemon> staying with a stable "stack" lets me add new
                        194 features and fix crashes
                        195 08:51 <divVerent> I'd really recommend AT LEAST taking over the weapon
                        196 set stuff
                        197 08:51 <divVerent> except if you really want to stick with this because
                        198 it can be made to go even beyond 72
                        199 08:51 <divVerent> wepset has an absolute limit of 72, but is way nicer
                        200 code
                        201 08:51 <divVerent> as it uses the vector type
                        202 08:51 <irrilichdemon> yea, I'd like to go beyond 72 some day
                        203 08:51 <irrilichdemon> I wen't from 18 to 48 in a year and a half
                        204 08:51 <divVerent> then keep your macros
                        205 08:52 <divVerent> but you maintain them, I won't
                        206 08:52 <divVerent> at least I gave you an example... apply that to all
                        207 the others and it should work
                        208 08:52 <divVerent> do a single typo, and it'll fail horribly
                        209 08:52 <irrilichdemon> is it ok if I post this macro info to a public
                        210 file?
                        211 08:52 <divVerent> sure, but I won't verify it all
                        212 08:52 <irrilichdemon> ok, thanks
                        213 08:52 <divVerent> it's hard to even check them
                        214 08:52 <divVerent> that's the main reason it got killed
                        215 08:52 <irrilichdemon> one more question about them
                        216 08:52 <divVerent> it's REALLY bad code
                        217 08:53 <irrilichdemon> at least you only need to work on the "abstract
                        218 group" of the macros, i.e. the top
                        219 08:53 <irrilichdemon> do I just change
                        220 08:53 <divVerent> I don't have the code in front of me
                        221 08:54 <divVerent> ah, see it
                        222 08:54 <divVerent> I meant from:
                        223 08:54 <divVerent> # define WEP_MAXCOUNT 48
                        224 08:54 <divVerent> to
                        225 08:54 <divVerent> # define WEPSET_OP2_AW(a,b,mergeop,x,y) ((_WS1_##a x
                        226 WEPSET_BIT1(b) y _WS1_##a) mergeop (_WS2_##a x WEPSET_BIT2(b) y
                        227 _WS2_##a))
                        228 08:55 <irrilichdemon> lines: 146, 148, 150, 152, 154, and 156?
                        229 08:55 <divVerent> while this COPY, EQ, OR .. doesn't need touching
                        230 08:55 <divVerent> sorry, I have no line numbers here
                        231 08:55 <divVerent> but I'd assume almost all lines from the first to
                        232 the last I quoted need changing
                        233 08:55 <irrilichdemon> 145 is:
                        234 08:55 <irrilichdemon> 145 # define WEPSET_OP1_EE(a,b,mergeop,x)
                        235 (((a)._WS1_weapons x (b)._WS1_weapons) mergeop ((a)._WS2_weapons x
                        236 (b)._WS2_weapons))
                        237 08:55 <divVerent> sure needs changfing the way I told you
                        238 08:55 <irrilichdemon> 146 is
                        239 08:55 <irrilichdemon> 146 # define WEPSET_OP2_EE(a,b,mergeop,x,y)
                        240 (((a)._WS1_weapons x (b)._WS1_weapons y (a)._WS1_weapons) mergeop
                        241 ((a)._WS2_weapons x (b)._WS2_weapons y (a)._WS2_weapons))
                        242 08:55 <divVerent> same change needed
                        243 08:56 <divVerent> the mergeop ...WS2... stuff needs to be copied to
                        244 the end and become a mergeop ...WS3...
                        245 08:56 <divVerent> that'll be a very long line
                        246 08:56 <divVerent> # define WEPSET_DECLARE_A(a) float
                        247 _WS1_##a, _WS2_##a
                        248 08:56 <divVerent> even this needs changing
                        249 08:57 <irrilichdemon> ok let me try a triad... brb a few min trying
                        250 08:57 <divVerent> to add a _WS3_##a
                        251 08:57 <divVerent> # define WEPSET_ADDSTAT()
                        252 addstat(STAT_WEAPONS, AS_INT, _WS1_weapons); addstat(STAT_WEAPONS2,
                        253 AS_INT, _WS2_weapons)
                        254 08:57 <divVerent> and this will need a new STAT_WEAPONS3
                        255 08:59 <divVerent> oh, the lines with the power2of stuff needs to be
                        256 handled a bit different
                        257 09:00 <divVerent> copy it to make a third one of these
                        258 09:00 <divVerent> but that should be obvious
                        259 09:01 <irrilichdemon> 145 # define WEPSET_OP1_EE(a,b,mergeop,x)
                        260 ((((a)._WS1_weapons x (b)._WS1_weapons) mergeop ((a)._WS2_weapons x
                        261 (b)._WS2_weapons)) mergeop ((a)._WS3_weapons x (b)._WS3_weapons)))
                        262 09:01 <irrilichdemon> 146 # define WEPSET_OP2_EE(a,b,mergeop,x,y)
                        263 ((((a)._WS1_weapons x (b)._WS1_weapons y (a)._WS1_weapons) mergeop
                        264 ((a)._WS2_weapons x (b)._WS2_weapons y (a)._WS2_weapons)) mergeop
                        265 ((a)._WS3_weapons x (b)._WS3_weapons y (a)._WS3_weapons)))
                        266 09:01 <irrilichdemon>
                        267 09:01 <irrilichdemon> 132 # define WEPSET_BIT3(a)
                        268 (((a) >= WEP_FIRST3) ? power2of((a) - WEP_FIRST3) : 0)
                        269 09:02 <irrilichdemon> is that how it's should go?
                        270 09:09 <irrilichdemon>
                        271 09:09 <irrilichdemon> also in cl_weapons.qc there seems to be this for
                        272 weapon reloading
                        273 09:09 <irrilichdemon>
                        274 SourceForge - chaosesqueanthology/xonotic-data.pk3dir/blob - qcsrc/server/cl_weapons.qc
                        275 09:10 -!- Irssi: Pasting 8 lines to divVerent. Press Ctrl-K if you
                        276 wish to do this or Ctrl-C to cancel.
                        277 09:10 <irrilichdemon> if(doreduce && g_weapon_stay == 2)
                        278 09:10 <irrilichdemon> 260 {
                        279 09:10 <irrilichdemon> 261 for(i = 0, j = 1; i
                        280 < 24; ++i, j *= 2)
                        281 09:10 <irrilichdemon> 262 {
                        282 09:10 <irrilichdemon> 263 if(wa & j)
                        283 09:10 <irrilichdemon> 264 {
                        284 09:10 <irrilichdemon> 265
                        285 ammofield = Item_CounterField(j);
                        286 09:10 <irrilichdemon> 266
                        287 09:10 <irrilichdemon> 267 //
                        288 if our weapon is loaded, give its load back to the player
                        289 09:10 <irrilichdemon>
                        290 09:10 <irrilichdemon> and similar
                        291 09:10 <irrilichdemon> should it be
                        292 09:11 <irrilichdemon> for(i = 0, j = 1; i < 24; ++i, j *= 2; i < 48;
                        293 ++i, j *= 3)
                        294 09:11 <irrilichdemon> for working with a 3rd weapset
                        295 09:45 <irrilichdemon>
                        296 09:45 <irrilichdemon> here is my attempt at following the rules you
                        297 gave:
                        298 09:46 <irrilichdemon> #else # define WEP_MAXCOUNT 72 # define WEP_FIRST2 25 # define WEP_FIRST3 49 - Pastebin.com
                        299 09:48 <divVerent> haha, that code was missed
                        300 09:48 <divVerent> that needs rewriting
                        301 09:48 <divVerent> the *= 2 part simply cannot work
                        302 09:53 <divVerent> wait, no
                        303 09:53 <divVerent> these are ammo types, not weapons
                        304 09:55 <divVerent> your code looks roughly ok, but won't verify it
                        305 totally
                        306 09:55 <irrilichdemon> it compiles
                        307 09:55 <irrilichdemon> seems to run fine with up to 48 weapons
                        308 09:56 <irrilichdemon> ima add a 49th, and I'm sure CSQC will crash
                        309 09:56 <irrilichdemon> as is tradition
                        310 09:56 <irrilichdemon> in that for(i = 0, j = 1; i < 24; code
                        311 09:57 <irrilichdemon> on gmqcc all was fine
                        312 09:57 <irrilichdemon> but in fteqcc
                        313 09:57 <irrilichdemon> if you threw your 48th weapon
                        314 09:57 <irrilichdemon> your playermodel dissappeared
                        315 09:57 <irrilichdemon> I had to make it so you don't throw any ammo
                        316 with that particular weapon
                        317 09:57 <irrilichdemon> now you don't dissapear
                        318 09:58 <irrilichdemon> gave an "incorrect model index"
                        319 09:58 <irrilichdemon> but... if I want ammo using weapons above 47,
                        320 ... what should I do
                        321 09:58 <irrilichdemon> is for(i = 0, j = 1; i < 24; ++i, j *= 2; i <
                        322 48; ++i, j *= 3) the right way to go?
                        323 09:58 * irrilichdemon tests additional 49th weapon...
                        324 10:07 <divVerent> oh, this is just for number of item types
                        325 10:07 <divVerent> this loop only needs 24
                        326 10:07 <divVerent> as weapons don't count as items
                        327 10:07 <divVerent> this specific loop even only cares for ammo types

Comment

Some images:

Comment

Release 48:
                            Some more weapons for you and some perfomance improvements perhaps.
                            New Weapons: AK-47, RPG7
                            RPG7 will ignite things (trees etc) sometimes (not often but sometimes)
                            LOD models used more for vehicles to speed things up
                            (complex vehicles stay at lod1 more than lod0 now)
                            Specifically the fokker tri-plane, blackhawk heli, the sports cars, yugo car, etc
                            Various bugfixes.

Info Page: ChaosEsqueAnthology | SourceForge.net

Screenshots: ChaosEsque Anthology | Linux game database

Comment

New version 50.

Added AKS-74u and Tokarev pistol.

Worked on LOD2 models alot.

Now all the WW1 biplanes / triplanes have LOD2 models (ie the thrid level of detail model) aswell as the yugo.

Also new option in advanced menu to switch teamspawns and switch team bases.

This can be useful when using CTF maps from, say, UrbanTerror as the things seem to be switched.

Those LOD2 models took along time to do, it seems to give improvement (alot) on my machine.

Also worked on making them used more, only when you get right up close do the lod1 and then lod0 (normal) model are used.

Enjoy!

Direct Download of version50: http:// downloads.sourceforge.net/project/chaosesqueanthology/Rel_50/XonoticChaosEsqueAnthologyREL50.iso?r=http%3A%2F%2 Fopengameart.org%2Fforumtopic%2Fchaosesque-anthology-opensourcefree-fps-standalone-mod-of-xonotic-released%3Fpage%3D2&ts=1423304735&use_mirror=liqui dtelecom

Info Page: ChaosEsqueAnthology | SourceForge.net

Some "Let's play" Videos of this exist on this channel: http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCpfKI2v7BTPBrx6HWvEx1Lw

Comment

Working...
                              X