• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• frag the player when he shoots a button

saw this on a map am trying to figure it out have not figured it out yet

EARP

Squished?
    lol,sorry just taking best guess. pictures would help, even a lil
    Want to get into playing Quake again? Click here for the Multiplayer-Startup kit! laissez bon temps rouler!

Comment

@ Mindf!3ldzX: Yes, i am just trying to tie an area say where the player is standing to a button so when he shoots the button he dies

i am new to building maps in quake...saw it on a map i recently played that a friend showed me.

i was standing up high on the building i looked down at the button on the floor shot it and died. i do not have the files to that map to look at it in more detail just had the bsp.

The map is called: Unfinished Business
      map file name: maricsq1_2

My button that I created does not even work as well as that persons button either.

EARP

Comment

If I recall, you can't tie a button to a hurt trigger, since the hurt trigger is always active and cannot be toggled. So unless your button is tied to a door or something that squishes the player, this would need to be modded.
        'Replacement Player Models' Project

Comment

@Dutch: ok, i saw it on a map i played that i mentioned on this thread, thanks...

Comment

In one of the expansion paks, there's a situation where you can shoot a big panoramic of Christ, and when you do, Christ shoots back with lightning and a caption comes up on the screen that says do not defy your Lord or something like that

Comment

@ Shadowswift: Never seen it

Can a mod be ran from the map itself or is this something that has to be added and ran on the server?

There should be a way to create a trigger that would kill the player upon shooting a button without a mod.

Comment

I think it was in Scourge of Armagon. Couldn't tel you much other than that, I don't know squat about mapping.

Comment

if you want to frag the player, you can put in a huge func_door over the top of where he'll be, build it out of clip brushes (with a tiny non-clip-brush part to keep the qbsp happy), and the player won't see it coming. you will get the message 'foo was crushed' though.
                  corpses and stuff should ignore it in order to avoid getting pushed through the world. missiles/projectiles will just pass straight through it (clip brush...). the player will first be pushed to the ground (so try to avoid encouraging him to jump in that area). monsters will also die.
                  Some Game Thing

Comment

How about: shooting a button opens the floor to lava. Classic.

Comment

@zop: good one

Comment

Working...
                      X