No announcement yet.

So what does everyone think of Epsilon?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So what does everyone think of Epsilon?

I haven't heard any reviews whatsoever. It would be interesting to know what other people think of it. I don't have it yet but I'd like to know if anyone has found a difference in it personally or enjoys the experience of the sounds and models.

-pawlowskinz

Hi

Don't expect much over here nothing in the 'genre' since it is more a individual project.

If you want to know something... downloads, author, etc. let me know.

Do you have full version... I guess!!
    Do you have a good machine... 1-2 years?!
    Do you want to do multiplayer... or??

Epsilon is a very interesting work in many angles. 9/10

Matt Bentley (Xolve)
    Quake "Epsilon" Builds for Windows/Mac/Linux
    Quake "Epsilon" Build mod - Mod DB
    Regarding the Quake shareware EULA news - Mod DB

Quake The Myths - Epsilon Edition v2.1
    [ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7mhOJ9Gqx-o&hd=1[/ame]
    ... the end user being able to easily-and-without-confusion-or-frustration experience Quake in all it's glory, and so be pushed towards wanting to purchase the full product via steam or other sites, in other words, the shareware version of quake is intended to be a hassle-free advertisement for the main product.

I have thought about this long and hard and decided to follow the spirit of the law rather than the letter of the law

- Matt Bentley (Xolve)
    Last edited by Mom; 05-30-2014, 11:34 PM.

Comment

^Hey look, it's a video of shiny quake; 90s cgi edition

Off topic, but I can't stand how shiny and cheap it looks. :v
      twitch
      wew lad

Comment

yuck... crazy hugely overdone bloom,
        ugly textures on certain items like that dog,
        broken shaders like on the water,
        and bad lighting with waaaay to much contrast between light and dark areas

the myths look way better without that bad halfbroken compilation
        Last edited by talisa; 05-26-2014, 08:10 AM.
        are you curious about what all there is out there in terms of HD content for quake?
        > then make sure to check out my 'definitive' HD replacement content thread! <
        everything that is out there for quake and both mission-packs, compiled into one massive thread

Comment

Originally posted by talisa View Post
          yuck... crazy hugely overdone bloom,
          ugly textures on certain items like that dog,
          broken shaders like on the water,
          and bad lighting with waaaay to much contrast between light and dark areas

the myths look way better without that bad halfbroken compilation
          pretty much :/
          twitch
          wew lad

Comment

Cmooon, I've been here a while and I know who hates who and why. It takes a lot of work to put something like this together and it is impossible to please everyone.

half broken, blah blah - maybe, but that also means it half works

I give Matt a + for this work cause I know how hard it is to compile multiple things together and end up with something legitimate.

That's my completely unbiased opinion. I've never even said hello to Matt nor have I used Epsilon. I HAVE (however) watched as negativity and non-participation has killed off project after project here. Maybe if everybody stopped being a lazy asshole there would be better stuff.
            http://www.nextgenquake.com

Comment

Originally posted by OMacKnight View Post
              ^Hey look, it's a video of shiny quake; 90s cgi edition

Off topic, but I can't stand how shiny and cheap it looks. :v
              Good thing we scratch our own itches eh? Hee Hee!
              Want to get into playing Quake again? Click here for the Multiplayer-Startup kit! laissez bon temps rouler!

Comment

Originally posted by MadGypsy View Post
                Cmooon, I've been here a while and I know who hates who and why. It takes a lot of work to put something like this together and it is impossible to please everyone.

half broken, blah blah - maybe, but that also means it half works

I give Matt a + for this work cause I know how hard it is to compile multiple things together and end up with something legitimate.

That's my completely unbiased opinion. I've never even said hello to Matt nor have I used Epsilon. I HAVE (however) watched as negativity and non-participation has killed off project after project here. Maybe if everybody stopped being a lazy asshole there would be better stuff.
                pretext ; if you read this post early in its development,sorry you had to suffer that fuckstorm of undecipherable nonsense, hopefully ya cut me some slack and waited for me to get it hashed out.

^ bingo, then again this community is so small, if you or anyone else can even remotely come close to not offending the next community member with our opinions(assholes HEH) with each others opinions,do divulge. (I know,self control)

This boat will never sink though, honestly. Being here in 2014 is testament enough,we exist on the graciousness of each community members contributions, its just sad lots of people (cough,Mindz,cough) gets more bitching/ranting done than actual productive 'things' , which everyone could use and cherish. I cherish this game, IDK bout you, but I've been deeply rooted in community affairs of whatever corner of multiplayer Q1 I occupied. I burned more bridges in the IHOC/Quakeboard.net community (my first dedicated affair for Q1 multiplayer communitys)

Before that I just played the game,talked to no one,cared less about the social climate or intricacies involved in it.

I suppose its safe to say we all have our own opinions,and there's no need to force them on the other members of the community,lest say.....its requested, in the form of feedback.

I've been told tounge in cheek is the best possible stance in these situations, too bad I never listened,thus this post.

One things for sure, no matter how smelly it gets in here I'll call it home so long as its around to be called such and it (this community) will have me,with or without griping,offending,or being misunderstood or making a complete ass of myself,same for everyone.

Make what you want of it, focusing on any negativity in Quake1 is a waste of yours and mine efforts.The louder we are the more obnoxious the whole situation appears to be but it really isn't, its just less elbows and assholes around,occupying the same space as before,except we congregate much closer. I don't play Q1 online with practically ANY of you,but I still socialize with you as if you was apart of my direct contacts.

At Quakeone.com's launch, we had enough community members that it wasn't unheard of for 5-10 people to all,pissing each other off, remove the ability to see one anothers posts,and make snide remarks at how 'would you plz tell dipshit or fucknut I no longer can see their posts,to stop talking to me,blah blah blah' . lulz....

Nothings changed,we're just losing members faster than we gain them and I don't see that changing. No ones gonna miraculous show up and play quake again like back in its hey dey,so no matter how glossy video is or how much you hate it, you're just dirtying up my home,making a shit storm of yours and my home...we all got rooms here (a stake in it), no need to proliferate the negativity, just become anti social for the sake of this gem called Q1.

Analogy ; Quakes a floater, it will never sink. Get your hands off the flusher handle, enough flushes and we very well make go down the drain never to recover.

Ahhhhhh,the good ole days!

edited ; lack of explanation given,and I apologize for ranting in this post, then again, you guys owe one too.

on subject ? Epsilon will make your Quake look pretty with relative ease and less chances of headaches or pulling your hair out, any description more/less than this is pure asshole's,errrr opinions...... speaking. Yeah, thats it.

- The Humble Quaker
                Last edited by Mindf!3ldzX; 05-26-2014, 09:54 PM.
                Want to get into playing Quake again? Click here for the Multiplayer-Startup kit! laissez bon temps rouler!

Comment

This boat will never sink though, honestly. Being here in 2014 is testament enough
                  Keep believing that. On this path, this site will eat itself out of existence. The signs are already there if you pay attention. Show me a recent point of interest. Threads are made and die the same day they are made. There is no actual content and it doesn't seem like there is any interest in creating any. I wonder why.

How long do you think noob question #387498327498374298 can keep this site alive? How many times can this site flip members before it has exhausted the pool of anyone that will care? If Quake really is such a hot topic, how long before someone else creates a structure that promotes it's contributors and their contributions? This site is swaying on a tight rope with the girth of a kite string.

Either something is going to change or this site will be nothing but mods and admins with nothing to talk about and 300 guests that don't have anything to say either.
                  http://www.nextgenquake.com

Comment

Originally posted by MadGypsy View Post
                    Keep believing that. On this path, this site will eat itself out of existence. The signs are already there if you pay attention. Show me a recent point of interest. Threads are made and die the same day they are made. There is no actual content and it doesn't seem like there is any interest in creating any. I wonder why.

How long do you think noob question #387498327498374298 can keep this site alive? How many times can this site flip members before it has exhausted the pool of anyone that will care? If Quake really is such a hot topic, how long before someone else creates a structure that promotes it's contributors and their contributions? This site is swaying on a tight rope with the girth of a kite string.

Either something is going to change or this site will be nothing but mods and admins with nothing to talk about and 300 guests that don't have anything to say either.
                    Heh, if you believe Quakeone.com is 'Quake1' , you've reached an infinity that I won't,rather shouldn't bother addressing,but okay since we're deep in it now..

You don't see any stimulation here because,well, you have custom content authors & creators,custom content consumers by the handful,Quakeone.com isn't confined to the constant bitching of what you or anyone else thinks about the video,the models,what you would do different,or any of that.

We the multiplayer community can thrive without a sexy ogre, and we don't all get our panties in a bunch when a new SMC mix&match comes out (not to be rude,but Player.mdl , Quad.mdl , that sorta shit don't really give 2 shits about the congregation of Assholes and Opinions that collectively floods this forum with antanagonizing opinions.)

When I,speaking for myself,arrived @ Quakeone.com it wasn't for any of what you see before you today,and as such IRDC. If anything,the ego's will rub each other out here, I seen plenty of members come and go, look at our members list,sort by post count,and that might shed some light for you..... but guys like myself,and many others I won't bother naming because it isn't even relevant to this drivle of what your going on about..... We're not going anywhere. We've done made ourselves an outside this place Net, and mine covers plenty of locations. I'll NEVER not know another Quake1 gamer, and I'll NEVER lose this game.

I can't lose, we won't lose.

We don't plan on becoming another "Widowmaker" , "Trinicom" , or...... "Hating" , it's trivial to me,along with the other 30-something guys who play the damn game still to this day. We come we go but we never all go away @ once, I've seen it worse. Meh , You know those outdated Instant Messenger services, yeah, those! Bingo!

You could ask Solecord if Quakeone.com can afford a town crier , I mean he does foot this sites bill alone already,let alone hiring extra help announcing our doom.

Comment

I do not understand what is going on but all I did was make a joke because I'm not fond of this visual style, am I going to be executed?

twitch
                      wew lad

Comment

I like the shadows.

I'll chime in and say, someone put some time into making this compilation of code and media. Does it all melt together like steak and eggs or a frog in a blender? It doesn't really matter. It is/was a step forward for someone learning something and good or bad something to be seen.

it kinda reminds me watching old stop animation tv shows in the 70s

Look its a pre-historic Shambler!
                        www.quakeone.com/qrack | www.quakeone.com/cax| http://en.twitch.tv/sputnikutah

Comment

Originally posted by OMacKnight View Post
                          I do not understand what is going on but all I did was make a joke because I'm not fond of this visual style, am I going to be executed?

Mark is clearly proud of his Qrack configuration and setup, thats good enough for me. My quake doesn't look nearly 20% as sexy as most other peoples Quake setups, but it serves its purpose, just like Mark who relentlessly creates Quake1 videos and uploads them to youtube for the enjoyment (and hopefully,baiting new members into visiting us here).

Chances are Mark's video's have two fold better chances of bringing a new member to this community ,versus,well,nothing! nothing gets you nothing right?......... I would surmise for all instances of distaste for people volunteering their opinion about his Qrack configuration sucks because of reason A or B, what his videos look like, completely missed the point again (and again,and again)

I can smell what Mark's cookin, and it sure don't smell like asshole stew! It smells like well refined direction or discipline to me.He does what he does to impress NON-Quakers,and anyone here most likely doesn't fall into that category.... If only our community devoted one iota of effort into bettering our community for each other like Mark does with his video's. It might pay off once a year at minimum with a new member arriving from YouTube Vis-à-vis someone seen his video and showed up @ Quakeone.com, doesn't mean that Bloom or any of the above mentioned comments/opinions about how its (insert opinion) would be any more better @ accomplishing his goal.

@ R00k, rofl. Hilarious, fn hilarious.

Comment

Originally posted by Mindf!3ldzX View Post
                            If only our community devoted one iota of effort into bettering our community for each other like Mark does with his video's. It might pay off once a year at minimum with a new member arriving
                            Mindz,
                            you should know your own forum better...
                            There are a lot of people doing the exact thing (and a lot more !!) already.
                            Is it recognized and put on the news page ? Unfortunately no.
                            So, no chance to pay off once a year at minimum with a new member arriving

People do not sniff around in dusty sub forums and old threads to find interesting stuff. If new people come, they look at the news page. Not much else.
                            Even you do not look into sub forums and threads which you are not interested in... that is normal and humanly.

And when I look at the news page now, I do not see a single Quake related article
                            You underestimate the news page. There are a LOT of worthy things to add there (which were done lately).
                            No add, no feedback. No feedback, no motivation for authors. No motivation, development is slowly dying.

As far as I can see, Quakeone lives from other forums and other peoples work since quite a while. But that is old talk, and you and we all should already know about it.
                            I like Quakeone, because of the brown color, hehe. But it starts fading...

Kind regards.

Comment

Originally posted by Seven View Post
                              Mindz,
                              you should know your own forum better...
                              There are a lot of people doing the exact thing (and a lot more !!) already.
                              Is it recognized and put on the news page ? Unfortunately no.
                              So, no chance to pay off once a year at minimum with a new member arriving

People do not sniff around in dusty sub forums and old threads to find interesting stuff. If new people come, they look at the news page. Not much else.
                              Even you do not look into sub forums and threads which you are not interested in... that is normal and humanly.

And when I look at the news page now, I do not see a single Quake related article
                              You underestimate the news page. There are a LOT of worthy things to add there (which were done lately).
                              No add, no feedback. No feedback, no motivation for authors. No motivation, development is slowly dying.

As far as I can see, Quakeone lives from other forums and other peoples work since quite a while. But that is old talk, and you and we all should already know about it.
                              I like Quakeone, because of the brown color, hehe. But it starts fading...

Kind regards.
                              This is where the lines of communication and what interests each of us individual community members differs.You are RIGHT! a prime time example is here ; Metal Monstrosity. I can admit i'm wrong here for sure,I should have known that since I clicked Metal Monstrosity the post / looked at the pics and moved on, but since it isn't 'my thing' , I didn't give it a 2nd glance or thought, until you brought it to my attention im fulla shiat on that subject. There IS News worthy items available ,but my lack of passion for singleplayer Quake1 is where I have a unfounded belief in there isn't any News worthy material ,and any material that DOES go reviewed or mentioned in the News frontpage, can't be faulted to anyone individual except a pure 'lack of someone who LIKES that stuff / wants to get Proactive in the community and do something about it'

Someone has to do it rather than talk about it,and I would PREFER that not be me,as I don't enjoy singleplayer Quake1, but, sometimes shit has to be done,regaurdless of the enjoyment factor I suppose.

This brings up another fault of mine, what I consider to be Quake1 isn't the definitive Quake1 experience (multiplayer) ,and as such I probably should peel my eyes back and attempt see what others see in singleplayer.What fascinates them into either making these custom maps or contents, such as yourself? After all these years I don't plan on seeing that changing,I enjoyed singleplayer Quake1 before I took it on the internet and all of a sudden, wtf is Singleplayer Quake?

I believe my ability to articulate failed me more so than anything else..... and probably continues into this post as well!...anyways, bbl ,playing Singleplayer Quake1 Metal Monstrosity
                              Last edited by Mindf!3ldzX; 05-27-2014, 02:26 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X