Burning quake guy (sprite)?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Burning quake guy (sprite)?

Question: Could it be possible to code a sprite that could harm the player but act as an actual burning player or monster (with noises)?

So on and so forth

http://imgur.com/a/gNFqy#0

Also note that this was ripped from Brutal Doom V18a.
    Last edited by Shambler234; 06-12-2014, 08:14 PM.
    I am like a stray dog, lost in between what I do and what I should do.
    But sometimes, all you need is Imagination.

hmmm, interesting idea. I know when you play RQuake coop (newyork.servequake.com:26001) and have the flame thrower you can "ignite" monsters who will then continue to burn for some time. Is this the sort of thing you are after? If so then you might be able to pull a lot of what you may need from the RQuake source.

Come to think of it, can't you do something similar to other players in normal RuneQuake?

I'm no QC expert but I would imagine you could use something like a torch flame object, expand/multiply it, position it around a Monster and add some code to inflict pain or spread to another entity when touched.

It also sounds the sort of idea from which the mighty Seven could make something interesting. A Flame Knight/Monster that is permanently on fire and shoots large balls of flames at you perhaps ?

Some inspiration...

Kr's

Monty
    Last edited by Mr.Burns; 06-13-2014, 01:51 AM.
    Mr.Burns
    "Helping to keep this community friendly, helpful, and clean of spammers since 2006"
    WWW: Quake Terminus , QuakeVoid You Tube: QuakeVoid
    Servers: Quake.shmack.net, damage.servequake.com

News: JCR's excellent ctsj_jcr map is being ported to OOT

Comment

aye, in RQcoop hellknights can also set you on fire

and yeah it uses the torch flame model and places it at the position of the player/monster which is on fire and every few ticks hurts them
      are you curious about what all there is out there in terms of HD content for quake?
      > then make sure to check out my 'definitive' HD replacement content thread! <
      everything that is out there for quake and both mission-packs, compiled into one massive thread

Comment

There is a fire effect for entities through DP extensions. It looks decent and would save you the trouble of creating/coding in a sprite. But it won't work on vanilla engines.

You'd still need to code in a damage factor.
        'Replacement Player Models' Project

Comment

I was really thinking about making these just for fire deaths, for grunts, enforcer and the player.

And maybe i could up the mod a bit and use BLOOD sprites (cultist and zombie on fire).

Comment

Originally posted by Dutch View Post
            There is a fire effect for entities through DP extensions.
            Question, Where exactly is DP extensions located?

Update: Found it.
            Last edited by Shambler234; 06-13-2014, 01:22 PM.

Comment

Now how will i be able to compile this?

Usually i could use fteqccgui but I'm not too sure if that will work?

Comment

There's a lot of info on inside3d forums under QC programming on how to do it. Fteqcc is a great compiler, it catches just about every warning and error you can have based on my experience with it.

Basically, you need to create a folder for your mod within your quake engine directory. It should have the name of your mod. Then within that folder, you need another folder to contain your QC files, which must include ids original files If you want to use vanilla quake as a base to build your mod. The compiler has to go within the folder containing your QC files. When you run the compiler, it will automatically spit out a progs.dat file in your mods base folder. Running quake and starting your mod will play it.

There's a shit ton more to it than that, but that's your basic structure to get started.
                'Replacement Player Models' Project

Comment

Ah, Well i had an inside 3d account but i lost my yahoo so until then I'll have to make a new (didn't have an alt).
                  Basically my account is locked and i can't remember my secret passcode and the cellphone i used broke.

Anyhow I've already sent registration to the forum.

As for the QC, I already have it I was just curious.

Comment

"
                    360Quadscope (Piz)
                    Currently in-game
                    Legacy of Kain: Defiance
                    "
                    YES LAD <3

LoK is an amazing series that should be played by more people, and now I vanish again.
                    twitch
                    wew lad

Comment

Working...
                    X