Old Quake QSMACK link

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Old Quake QSMACK link

Anyone remember this? I use to run this on my servers i had from 97-2001, what a great creation at the time, was nice to be able to log in and do what needed to be done without anyone knowing who did what! Bring's back some great memories and i am glad this link is still around.

CLAN 9 FROM OUTER SPACE

EDIT: another extremely old link http://neogeographica.com/site/pages/index.html
    Last edited by wicked_lord; 06-20-2014, 08:30 AM.

The second link isn't THAT old. I started putting neogeographica.com together in 2010 (re-constructing it after the original site had been down for several years).

As part of that I did try to clean up the QSmack pages from my old C9FOS website. Fix some broken links and find a few missing downloads, stuff like that. I still didn't get everything but it's pretty complete: neogeographica

The main guy behind QSmack ("ahnuld C9") I think enjoyed using it to chat with players more than he liked actually playing.

Comment

oh nice i didnt know the source to qsmack was available....
      www.quakeone.com/qrack | www.quakeone.com/cax| http://en.twitch.tv/sputnikutah

Comment

Originally posted by Johnny Law View Post
        The second link isn't THAT old. I started putting neogeographica.com together in 2010 (re-constructing it after the original site had been down for several years).

As part of that I did try to clean up the QSmack pages from my old C9FOS website. Fix some broken links and find a few missing downloads, stuff like that. I still didn't get everything but it's pretty complete: neogeographica

The main guy behind QSmack ("ahnuld C9") I think enjoyed using it to chat with players more than he liked actually playing.
        I remember Ahnuld C9 very well, Use to chat with him on a weekly basis even during his testing stages of Qsmack. He sent me the first version he released and then even set it up on my old server's i use to run. I lost contact with him and had no clue he released updates for Qsmack. I use to love it for the same reason, to communicate with player's from other sources that did not have Quake on. I use to like the ban feature back when banning someone did not matter because we had so many player's getting rid of a few a$$hat's was no big deal. I would still love to run it but the question is, Is it worth it now days? I doubt it is, but it's a good thing to keep around as a antique file.

Comment

Originally posted by R00k View Post
          oh nice i didnt know the source to qsmack was available....
          Does this mean r00k has plan's to do some futuristic testing? ;]

Comment

wow rook. the source for qsmack has been around for years....
            Cbuf_AddText (va("say ZeroQuake GL version 1.10\n"));

Comment

heh ya somehow i just missed it.
              took me awhile to add ban routines to Cax (with help from slot zero)
              so i guess i never dug i to the qsmack craze.
              did look thru the source for grins though
              www.quakeone.com/qrack | www.quakeone.com/cax| http://en.twitch.tv/sputnikutah

Comment

Working...
              X