Happy 18th Birthday; QUAKE

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Happy 18th Birthday; QUAKE

First off, happy birthday to the most bad-ass game around!

Secondly, I want to apologize in advance, I did have a lot of plans for this day, was hoping to have an event and such. But due to homelessness that's a bit difficult. Although hopefully you'll all have a good day.

Lastly, when I do get myself sorted, I'm going to try and release a nice little graphical mod for multiplayer quake so that people who enjoy quake live will be able to slip right into it. (It's one of many little plans I have, in fact, I probably have too many.)

Anyway, I'm going to get back to what I'm doing, it might turn out to be a source of income, so next year things will be a lot more fun.

Stay rad; Benjamin MacKnight
    twitch
    wew lad

Well heck, shame on me for forgetting the birth of Quake. Happy Birthday Quake! You were my love at first sight and we had a wild road from 96-2002, I deserted you at the beginning of 2002 but i never lost love for you over the year's. In 2011 we were reunited and have made mad love ever since, NO MORE ABANDONING SHIP BABY I PROMISE!

@OMacKnight - Interested in trying out your mod once you are ready ;]

Comment

If somebody could do a front page post, whether it's a better version of this or something, that'd be great. I think a birthday of the best game ever should probably be on the front page of a site dedicated to it. ;P
      twitch
      wew lad

Comment

SoleCord, SHARKFIELDZ, SOMEONE? FRONT PAGE UPDATE PLEASE, SPANKS!

Comment

My Avatars!
          Quake Leagues
          Quake 1.5!!!
          Definitive HD Quake

Comment

Originally posted by OMacKnight View Post
            First off, happy birthday to the most bad-ass game around!

Secondly, I want to apologize in advance, I did have a lot of plans for this day, was hoping to have an event and such. But due to homelessness that's a bit difficult. Although hopefully you'll all have a good day.

Lastly, when I do get myself sorted, I'm going to try and release a nice little graphical mod for multiplayer quake so that people who enjoy quake live will be able to slip right into it. (It's one of many little plans I have, in fact, I probably have too many.)

Anyway, I'm going to get back to what I'm doing, it might turn out to be a source of income, so next year things will be a lot more fun.

Stay rad; Benjamin MacKnight
            Can't believe it's been 18 years! I would lie and say "it seems like only yesterday I was playing..." but honestly when I played Quake as a teen, it seems like another life at this point. The game brings back those memories now that I'm back in it, but it does feel like a long time ago, INDEED!

Happy BDAY Quake!

Comment

Originally posted by ArrrCee View Post
              Can't believe it's been 18 years! I would lie and say "it seems like only yesterday I was playing..." but honestly when I played Quake as a teen, it seems like another life at this point. The game brings back those memories now that I'm back in it, but it does feel like a long time ago, INDEED!

Happy BDAY Quake!
              and fun fact, on the 22nd of July is the physical release (from GT interactive) of quake on disc.

As well as the 18th birthday of NoodleShop (another member of the forum who I'm working with on a few projects)
              twitch
              wew lad

Comment

Incoming QAKE w/ Candles
                Want to get into playing Quake again? Click here for the Multiplayer-Startup kit! laissez bon temps rouler!

Comment

okay , minus those candles I promised, Quakeone.com get's frisky with some Quake1 theme music to celebrate 18 years and counting !

Upload in progress, ran into some snags on the way. Hope the autoplay doesn't piss anyone off cuz it's happening.com
                  Want to get into playing Quake again? Click here for the Multiplayer-Startup kit! laissez bon temps rouler!

Comment

It probably will, perhaps just have it the same size, with a play button.

since it won't be the 18th for more than a day anyway :v

liking what I'm seeing so far though
                    twitch
                    wew lad

Comment

hip hip hurray
                      My servers for the gamers:
                      bigfoot.servequake.com / damage.servequake.com

port 26000 EuroQuake
                      port 26001 EuroQuake Coop

newyork.quakeone.com
                      Offline ATM
                      fvf.servequake.com
                      flanders.servegame.org / flanders.servequake.com
                      Offline ATM
                      newdm.servequake.com
                      port 26010

http://bigfoot.servequake.com (EuroQuake)
                      sigpic

Comment

Now Quake doesn't have to keep bugging me to buy a pack of cigarettes for it!

Comment

Originally posted by Legend View Post
                          I giggled way to much at this
                          twitch
                          wew lad

Comment

Originally posted by Legend View Post
                            Hah! Nice.
                            http://www.nextgenquake.com

Comment

Maybe i'll give it a go again....

Comment

Working...
                              X