This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Between two QUADS / Romero Q&A

I have basically been shunned by John Romero, I don't know why. Communication was excellent for quite a bit. I tried many times to get this to happen, and it never went anywhere once Romero go back stateside.........

If anyone wishes to pick up the torch and try to carry it BACK to John Romero's attention that our community had the hopes of a Q&A with him, private message me and I will hand over all the questions I accumulated from the various members of the community. I still have them, they still sit on my desktop to this day. They have been there since before Halloween 2014. I have not deleted them in hopes that something would change.

I quit trying,as it was just another let down after another.

better yet, here they are! Skip the PM, I'm tired of seeing that file on my desktop period.

http://www.filedropper.com/b2q

inside contains

one RichText file
    one Between 2 Quads image / created by DiscoRockstar/Planetnine.

Goodluck to anyone who pursues this.
    Last edited by Mindf!3ldzX; 01-21-2015, 04:09 PM.
    Want to get into playing Quake again? Click here for the Multiplayer-Startup kit! laissez bon temps rouler!

I am sure the last thing on his mind right now is to do anything for free. I bet if you put $10,000 in his face he would give you 5 minutes.

Comment

perhaps he thought the questions were stupid or something.
      Scout's Journey
      Rune of Earth Magic

Comment

Who knows. Maybe he was a mirage and Quake1 was the desert, forever stretching and rarely offering life giving water.
        Want to get into playing Quake again? Click here for the Multiplayer-Startup kit! laissez bon temps rouler!

Comment

Hi Mindz

I told you or tried 1-2 times for sure to invite you personaly to meet with John face-to-face in a videoconference but never heard your interest... I even have asked P9... same result.

I'm going to use these questions when I meet him again next time BUT:
          _
          expect he might want to answer just 1-2 questions at a time
          the result won't be a text but a video

I really would prefer if someone here at QuakeOne.com can show interest instead of doing it but I would if you don't.

I don't think John is not interested he just have very limited time and probably not interested into 'working' that hard when he can tell what he has to in a 1-2 min answer... and it's much more fun!

Next time I might meet with him is February 22nd 2015 (time to confirm).

Mark

Comment

Mom,

no one here is interested in your quake network thing or whatever it is called now. We haven't forgotten about that stuff. It is bad enough that you make it look like your thing has something to do with quakeone.com by using the same domain with a different TLD. That's a bit creepy really. This forum existed long before you chose to start your illicit offshoot and call yourself CEO of it.

If John can't find the time to send someone from quakeone.com a PM or an email, that's sad. It doesn't mean we need an "invitation" from you to talk to him.

It's ridiculous that you are now issuing invitations to people to talk to John Romero. John is a grown up man, he can just send Mindz a PM whenever he wants. Your assistance is not needed.
            Scout's Journey
            Rune of Earth Magic

Comment

If those questions are used on a video conference, good. That just means Romero will be

1]Visible, only he looks like himself.
              2]Heard, only he sounds like himself.

Mark, I don't want you exploiting this for more of your shenanigans. We got along really well in chat the other day, I do not wish to see you screw me/others/this community with fake/mocked up nonsense. The only way I will reassert any efforts to bother Mr.Romero is exactly what GB said, when Romero approaches me I'll reinvest into this.

Until that time comes, he's made himself very clear he does not wish to further have anything to do with what I proposed to him,and I took that message loud (albeit I had to take a hint/and take a hike) and clear.

I have proof that I was in contact with him, but I don't want to provide that because I have a distinct feeling you are capable of warping the reality of the situation to fit a scenario where Q1N accomplishes what we here at Quakeone.com could not.

You're really testing my desire to even talk with you anymore, I'm fully capable of severing our friendship..... I still have contacts for you because I feel your intentions are great but are at the expense of everyone who's ever invested any time into Quakeone.com

You really need to cease the efforts for a duality existance of Quakeone.com and Quakeone.net

So disappointed that you have decided to make this move about Q1N, it's very shameful.

Comment

All right I just wanted to help.

I'm not interested to argue about your opinion but you so wrong and anyone intelligent knows it.

Mark

Comment

hmmm... if Mark really is "skyping" with Romero and he is offering someone here the opportunity to host a video interview... what the hell are you guys doing?! I'm feeling Mark's last words "..... intelligent people know it" - read: "fuck the nonsense, get your free candy, fanboy"

I have no clue how interactions between Mindz and John went but, if mindz got shunned and Mark is really getting face-time (plus future face time) .... well lets just say that looks really bad.
                  Last edited by MadGypsy; 01-28-2015, 08:32 AM.
                  http://www.nextgenquake.com

Comment

Who cares about this Romero guy... did you guys know who won CQL 10 years ago? that seems more important.

Mark, stop sending me emails about your dumb network. I have no interest in video chatting with others
                    Cbuf_AddText (va("say ZeroQuake GL version 1.10\n"));

Comment

Originally posted by Mom View Post
                      All right I just wanted to help.

I'm not interested to argue about your opinion but you so wrong and anyone intelligent knows it.

Mark
                      You've played this community for a fool before, I'm just cautious and not so gullible anymore o_O

PlayeR
                      Mom
                      Q. Mark [0!0]
                      Speaknow / the Mysterious owner

Hope you've had a good day.

Comment

I say mom go get the interview. its going to be a lot more interesting done by webcam then by email.

i wrote my fist fan letter when i was a kid to michael jordan it took a good 9 mo for his people to send me back a poor quality photo copied autograph on a little red peace of paper. it took almost a year for me to get a autograph hat from an retired model who i have a personal acquaintance with. i think she just now read my fan letter i wrote her back in August. shit takes time but a real fanboy has faith! publicly mocking him on the front page of quakeone.com for not responding is not going to help.

and i agree with GB some questions were dumb i know cose i submitted them. but some of the questions i saw i thought were rude and almost belittling him for the life choices he made. but its not like im a Dr. of journalism (fanboy reference) so WTF do i know

Comment

@WTF do I know

probably just as much as the rest of us... except how to spell <3

Comment

Censorship is not new at QuakeONe.com

Like JDSTONER said... I was just thinking to use these questions since if what is mine is yours... yours as always been mine... QuakeOne.com doesn't have any right on 'public' material.

https://archive.today/G1CRt

https://archive.today/uGhVA

https://archive.today/dd0k3

https://archive.today/G1CRt

https://archive.today/quakeone.com

Comment

@if what is mine is yours, what is yours has always been mine.

Hah, that's clever on a couple/few levels. +1 for being clever, or buying cheap gum

You know, the kind that says stuff like the above on the inside of the wrapper. I think bazooka gum does that.

Comment

Working...
                              X