• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Quake Wisdom Thread

On why Haste is no one's favorite rune:

QuadRaptor: It just burns ammo quickly.

http://www.quakeone.com/forums/showthread.php?t=4

I've always thought the haste rune sucks too.

How many times have you had haste again a superior opponent, shot 50 rockets at him/her and they still lived and you didn't hit nothing and either they shot you, you ran out of ammo and retreated or in your "haste", shot the wall, killing yourself.

And the worst case scenario, team damage is on and you killed all your friends.

Haste is an anti-rune!
    Quakeone.com - Being exactly one-half good and one-half evil has advantages. When a portal opens to the antimatter universe, my opposite is just me with a goatee.

So while you guys all have to fight your anti-matter counterparts, me and my evil twin will be drinking a beer laughing at you guys ...

Yeah haste is a rune the seems great on paper, but just sucks in practice. True it burns through ammo, but also, the skill you must master for being an RL rapist is timing. So for me it doesn't help cause to be good with RL I have to use the timing I'm used to, rather than just holding down the button.

One nice thing R00k added on his ctf pub server (quake.intertex.net) is that which haste your can run and hook a bit faster, which is very useful in ctf.
    uakene.com

Comment

I'm actually quite good with haste. With the rapid-fire, you just annihilate them, direct hit with almost every shot...

Comment

In teams games Yellow shoots at both foes and friends.
        Quakeone.com - Being exactly one-half good and one-half evil has advantages. When a portal opens to the antimatter universe, my opposite is just me with a goatee.

So while you guys all have to fight your anti-matter counterparts, me and my evil twin will be drinking a beer laughing at you guys ...

Comment

i feel everyone deserves my attention equally.
          uakene.com

Comment

Yeah, I always have a bad habit of doing that too... I am just an FFA type of dood...

Comment

Haste is an excellent rune to have on a packed Runequake server. Grab haste, lots of ammo, and toss time bombs in a full room. The timebombs explode super quick with haste so you'll definately rack up some frags. Key to this is a packed server. Same with BFGs. BFGs fire out super fast with haste

Comment

Comment

I never use time-bombs and BFGS, they never seem to work out for me. I always forget to use them anyway.

Comment

Working...
                  X