"Qake" Not Quake

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "Qake" Not Quake

If you remember those DJ Quake Comics, and I'd link to them except the site that housed them is dead (Quakepit), FrikaC made a game called "Qake" which looks just like the DJ Comics.

Download page: http://qexpo.quakedev.com/booths.php?tag=frikac

Source: http://www.quaketerminus.com
    Quakeone.com - Being exactly one-half good and one-half evil has advantages. When a portal opens to the antimatter universe, my opposite is just me with a goatee.

So while you guys all have to fight your anti-matter counterparts, me and my evil twin will be drinking a beer laughing at you guys ...

Actually, there is a archive of the comics:

Archive: http://deej.circa1984.com/djquake.shtml
    Quakeone.com - Being exactly one-half good and one-half evil has advantages. When a portal opens to the antimatter universe, my opposite is just me with a goatee.

So while you guys all have to fight your anti-matter counterparts, me and my evil twin will be drinking a beer laughing at you guys ...

Comment

LOL sounds fun. I'll download it soon.

Comment

Why must you link to the outdated download page as well as hotlink an image from QT :\

Comment

Latest download: http://www.inside3d.com/frikbot/qake/qake022706.zip

There, heh. Happy now?

Comment

For shame! But anyways, I enjoyed Qake a lot when I downloaded it, it's a fantastic conversion and something that EVERYONE should see.
            "It's called being awesome, maybe you should try it." -Bank

Comment

hee hee. this one's pretty cool

Ive actually looked at the sprite-frames list and thought about creating a new set of frames for the main character, but I don't know the bounding boxes on each frame really well. (dont want a chunk of the standing frame to show up in the shooting frame)

Comment

I played it for a little bit, pretty sweet how you made the levels look just like the actual quake levels.

Comment

heh.. played this little game at work and is $$
                  reminds me of a similar 2D game based on Quake3.

hope he'll make all the levels + ability to save/load + multiplayer (why not? ) etc.

btw.. do you know if this is still an ongoing project?
                  one quake to rule them all.

Comment

This build date is Feb 27, 2006 so I think it is. But I don't know for sure.

Comment

FrikaC is working on it somewhat, he is in the process of adding the shambler and rotfish currently. But hes more focused on the engine itself, apparently making it into a handy sidescroller engine that can be used by other projects since right now its pretty much hardcoded for just Qake.

So it is still progressing, but Qake itself is not the ends.
                      Inside3d - Because you can't be Outside 3D!

Comment

Working...
                      X