my DarkPlaces configs set-up

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• my DarkPlaces configs set-up

This set of configs' purpose is to run DarkPlaces with everything ON-- enabled, that is, and set to new/custom 'default values' different than the original defaults.
    Think 'defaults', then think 'custom defaults'.

Why?
    well... it has a little to do with something I call 'analytical aesthetics' but I won't get into that here.

Anyway, go ahead and give them a download and let me know what you think.
    They're graphics-intensive-- on my ASUS laptop with a core i7 and GeForce GT745M I usually get around 60 - 120 FPS with 'r_shadow_realtime_world' set to '0' and certain other things turned off...
    You MUST run them with the 'playerQuake1vstrconfig.cfg' run/exec'd AFTER the initial vid_config and snd_config files-- or things will turn out wrong.
    And I recommend you DO use it, as it turns off certain graphics-intensive things (4x antialiasing buffer, among other things that only work with DarkPlaces' directx9 renderer)
    Just extract the configs from the .zip into a subdirectory of "[YOUR QUAKE DIR]/id1/" named "conf/" and then run DarkPlaces.exe and then do "exec conf/add_playerQuake1config.cfg"
    in the console...
    or do what I do, and extract them to "id/base/" instead and use the "-base" switch at startup.
    Last edited by H1CC; 12-01-2016, 04:00 AM.
Working...
X