Quake Live is now B2P for EVER! and its steam only

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Quake Live is now B2P for EVER! and its steam only

thats it, if you had a QL account already linked on steam, the game is now Free 4 EVER for you, new players still has to play 9,99 to play it

Quake Live? on Steam

Originally posted by duoranger View Post
    thats it, if you had a QL account already linked on steam, the game is now Free 4 EVER for you, new players still has to play 9,99 to play it

Quake Live? on Steam
    Wow really, $9.99 to play..

Never paid a single penny to play the damn game to begin with.

Comment

Doesn't seem like a bad deal to me. It's a pity that all previous stats have been reset though.
      I got the phone call at 4 a.m.

Comment

Just gave it a try. Looks like they've completely integrated it into Steam now, including achievements and accounts management -- and the old accounts and their stats were removed. I don't care.

I still like Q3, but it's not that exciting any more after all those years I gotta admit.
        dfsp*spirit
        my FPS maps

Comment

That has to be the dumbest move ever lol.
          10 to 1 says this was a Bethesda decision since, you know... QLive has been free since 2010 and now its requires steam and $10 bucks? haha.
          UT2015 full on free? Thank you sir may I have another.
          Want to get into playing Quake again? Click here for the Multiplayer-Startup kit! laissez bon temps rouler!

Comment

hmm well, what else can I play if the case of 'quake1 servers are empty?' .. any suggestions, Mindz, anyone? When is that free UT coming out? I checked the site, looks like they're only 3 levels or something for that game
            Last edited by Gem; 11-03-2015, 07:54 PM.
            The gemstone of gaming is Quake, so load it up and play some

Comment

Originally posted by Gem View Post
              hmm well, what else can I play if the case of 'quake1 servers are empty?' .. any suggestions, Mindz, anyone? When is that free UT coming out? I checked the site, looks like they're only 3 levels or something for that game
              There are way more than 3 levels,and its out right now, in Pre-Alpha but for that to be the case, the game is heavily polished,and enjoyable.

https://www.unrealtournament.com/

Click Download UT Now , then register/sign up. If you have problems let me know and I'll help you further
              Want to get into playing Quake again? Click here for the Multiplayer-Startup kit! laissez bon temps rouler!

Comment

more reason to play quake1
                www.quakeone.com/qrack | www.quakeone.com/cax| http://en.twitch.tv/sputnikutah

Comment

I want to but maybe i get on too late.. or too tired

anyway,
                  -does that ut have offline bots to play with?
                  -how much disk space do I need for it?
                  -where are the system reqs? I cant find the page for it
                  and when will it be finished? I looked a bit on the forums but didnt find much..

thanks

Comment

I think it could be interesting to see what happens with the Steam Workshop side of things. Perhaps the game will get a second wind.

Comment

Hitler finds out Quake Live isn't free anymore. - Caption Generator

^ This sums it up nicely.

@PFL , a second wind from where? I can't see this game even getting 1/5th of its playerbase back.

http://www.kotaku.com.au/2015/10/qua...ns-are-pissed/
                      Last edited by Mindf!3ldzX; 11-05-2015, 08:27 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Gem View Post
                        I want to but maybe i get on too late.. or too tired

anyway,
                        -does that ut have offline bots to play with?
                        -how much disk space do I need for it?
                        -where are the system reqs? I cant find the page for it
                        and when will it be finished? I looked a bit on the forums but didnt find much..

thanks
                        1) yes
                        2) tons (I also have the dev kit installed, and its hard to tell apart. Alltogether its 22 GB. It seems the game is 10 GB and the dev stuff 12 GB, but I'm not 100% sure)
                        3) dunno, just try it, alpha is free: https://www.unrealtournament.com/ My box is pretty old (i5 2400 CPU, Radeon HD 6800) and it works great.

The gameplay feels very oldschool though. If you liked UT, you are gonna like it. If not, maybe not.
                        dfsp*spirit
                        my FPS maps

Comment

thanks for answering my questions

it looks like I will have to free up some space, gone are the days where a game would take 2-3 gigabites or a game like quake at about 1gb

anyway, ut looks pretty good and I will put it on my computer

now as for quakelive, maybe they will get rid of the 10dollar or at least make it 5, 4.99-sounds a bit more feasible...

Im not sure if I sound like a cheapskate or not lol but I dont think it should be charged at all, or at least less.. Im sure, im not the only one here lol i mean, the company doesnt have enough profits to keep this going for free, from the other games they sell?

i think it was a great promotional thing to introduce others to FPS's then they could buy the other id FPS'es or other bethesda games..

anyway, I dont know whats going on over there (bethesda and id) but ... err, currently looking for some free fps when q1 servers are empty, which of course, I check first

...or maybeee... quake1 could get more players, since quake1 is free to play(online).. maybe something good would come out of this after all
                          Last edited by Gem; 11-06-2015, 02:52 PM. Reason: correction

Comment

I can understand why people are annoyed about it, I don't see how it's worse than subscriptions though. Now you only buy it once and you can start servers, etc. without having to pay monthly/yearly or whatever.

I like that they finally implemented Classic CTF where random runes drop and you have the grappling hook. Too bad that a lot of the player base where I am I think seems to prefer CA more than anything.

Comment

@Mindf!3ldzX:

Vain hope, I suppose. I'm thinking (hoping) that the Steam Workshop integration may encourage different players to create some stuff - and you never know what might come of that.

Comment

Working...
                              X