Quake Confessions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Quake Confessions

Just for a bit of fun and have a lighter Quake chat I thought it might be nice to share some of our "Quake Confessions". You know, those things that are maybe a little bit sad or are maybe a guilty pleasure. I'm sure there are people here who have never completed the original game or maybe they only play with controllers!

Cleanse your soul and share your sins!

I'll start. I play 'Chubby Quake'. I use 4:3 ratios (800x600) on my 16:9 monitor. It makes everything look chunkier and over the years I've grown really fond of the look...
    I got the phone call at 4 a.m.

i frequent this site more than i actually play the game that this forum is about

gonna check out map jam IV in a min though!
    My Avatars!
    Quake Leagues
    Quake 1.5!!!
    Definitive HD Quake

Comment

I did never finish nehahra, nsoe or travail
      I dont play MP because i am very bad
      the invasion has begun! hide your children, grab the guns, and pack sandwiches.

syluxman2803

Comment

Never finished Nehahra too, gives tons of troubles and bugs with DP. Travail I don't remember if I've finished it or not
        Make Quake Great Again

Comment

I cheated at Quake 1 SP about half way through the episodes because the game was starting to freak me out. This was when I was in my mid teens and Quake was the new sh!t.

Also I'm D.B. Cooper.
          QuakeOne.com
          Quake One Resurrection

QuakeOne.com/qrack
          Great Quake engine

Qrack 1.60.1 Ubuntu Guide
          Get Qrack 1.60.1 running in Ubuntu!

Comment

About 8 months ago I....I tried to make the game work with a controller.

I have failed you quake

Comment

The first months I played multiplayer Quake was on a Mac.

Comment

When I play Quake I use WinQuake, unless it's for a mod.

Comment

Originally posted by Sgt-PieFace View Post
                  About 8 months ago I....I tried to make the game work with a controller.
                  I played a leaked Dreamcast port of Quake and I liked it.

Comment

i still remember THE moment when i met a shambler for the first time. i was young and stupid and tried to kill it with a rocket launcher. of course, i got killed and then i got killed again and then once more and then many more. i can't blame the shamler though.. i managed to kill myself with the rl in most cases. yeah.. i was stupid. however, the logic behind it was flawless - after all, a bigger gun with a higher key number should be the best. i really thought that.. :-)
                    -
                    so my confession is: i have never killed my first shambler. i've just run around it hoping not to get electrocuted and jumped into the exit teleport.
                    -
                    regarding nehahra - nehahra is 100% compatible with recent darkplaces. i'm making rtlights for nehahra and so i'm testing nehahra levels extensively. no bugs..

jakub
                    my projects so far:

Travail retextured ___/___ Knave HD textures
                    Tronyn in high definiton ___/___Abyss of Pandemonium HD textures
                    Nehahra rtlights and other experiments

Comment

everytime I die a bug happens in Nehahra. Good luck with rtlights, I can't wait to test them. Oh and I'm collecting the very few textures that exist in HD version for Nehahra if you're intersted. RTlights and HD textures imo should work in pair to get better results.
                      Make Quake Great Again

Comment

pretty sure a thread like this already exists, as i clearly recall posting in it

i cant seem to find the actual thread in question,
                        but i clearly recall a thread just like this one in the past\

personally never played out nehahra, travail or AoP myself either,
                        and the classic episode beyond belief i never even played at all

i also spend way much more time modding and making stuff for quake then actually playing it,
                        and nowadays i spend more time here on the forums then i actually spend time playing it.

i actually havent even played much quake at all in long time untill a few weeks ago,
                        and i hadnt updated the SMC in my setup from 5.20 which was released 3/4 year ago
                        Last edited by talisa; 11-06-2015, 07:37 AM.
                        are you curious about what all there is out there in terms of HD content for quake?
                        > then make sure to check out my 'definitive' HD replacement content thread! <
                        everything that is out there for quake and both mission-packs, compiled into one massive thread

Comment

Nahuel was the man:
                          http://quakeone.com/forums/quake-tal...nfessions.html

Inspired by a similar insideqc thread.

Blood Vengeance,

If you experience gaming issues with darkplaces and nehahra, you can use the search function of this forum. It will lead to all the hints and tips you need to play nehahra. As well as some quite interesting links and files. It is worth looking...

Good luck,
                          Seven

Comment

Originally posted by Seven View Post
                            Nahuel was the man:
                            http://quakeone.com/forums/quake-tal...nfessions.html

Inspired by a similar insideqc thread.

Blood Vengeance,

If you experience gaming issues with darkplaces and nehahra, you can use the search function of this forum. It will lead to all the hints and tips you need to play nehahra. As well as some quite interesting links and files. It is worth looking...

Good luck,
                            Seven
                            I've searched but something wrong happened, don't know what, I'm talking about 2 years ago, but the problem is solved: I use Quakespasm instead of Darkplaces and worked perfectly
                            Make Quake Great Again

Comment

Spike emitters don't work on my mod in Q1 maps (yet...) (usually use q3 map). Not sure why, not knowlegable about that entity, what it's called, or how it should work. Will have to fix some time, will probably take all day.

Comment

Working...
                              X