What happened to Quaddicted?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What happened to Quaddicted?

The website won't load. Is everything fine or should we start panicking?
    MOD it! Start Point Remake Quake Scout's Journey Quaketastic WhiteDay Quake Terminus UQE

loaded for me. id try again. maybe just a fluke.
    My Avatars!
    Quake Leagues
    Quake 1.5!!!
    Definitive HD Quake

Comment

Originally posted by hgdagon View Post
      The website won't load. Is everything fine or should we start panicking?
      what part isn't loading? I mean, you made a post lol, this is why I ask. You've got some form of functionality it would seem....
      Want to get into playing Quake again? Click here for the Multiplayer-Startup kit! laissez bon temps rouler!

Comment

Well, it's OK now.... But yesterday it was "the server at http://quaddicted.com is taking too long to respond" and for several hours it stayed the same...
        MOD it! Start Point Remake Quake Scout's Journey Quaketastic WhiteDay Quake Terminus UQE

Comment

on an unrelated note, every zip i download from them is either corrupted or incomplete in some way. i figure its on my end, but its still weird.
          My Avatars!
          Quake Leagues
          Quake 1.5!!!
          Definitive HD Quake

Comment

I've downloaded the nehahra episode: retribution of the conescript from quaddicted and works fine, this happened 2 hours ago
            Make Quake Great Again

Comment

Originally posted by Blood Vengeance View Post
              I've downloaded the nehahra episode: retribution of the conescript from quaddicted and works fine, this happened 2 hours ago
              well that confirms that its on my end (and that mapjam4 was downloaded without any noticeable complaints). i really dont get why its just that site. could be my crappy wifi too.
              My Avatars!
              Quake Leagues
              Quake 1.5!!!
              Definitive HD Quake

Comment

I've had incomplete downloads from Quaddicted before, and Spirit has mentioned that some people have this issue. I don't think anyone yet knows why.

Comment

Reason might be that it is because nowadays everybody opens .zip files in a different way.
                  You have so many software (winrar, winzip, 7zip, ...).

In the earlier days there was only winzip LOL. That was easy.
                  But now you have to use version x.xx from tool "A" to be able to open format versions z.zz from tool "B".
                  Also, new compression methods in new software version are no longer backward compatible. And so on and so on.

What, you cannot open .docx format in 2015 ?
                  No, because I am still happy with word 2000.

Comment

I think the download issue is on Spirits end. I have failed downloads (whether directly from the site or through Quake Injector) about 50% of the time. It's always on larger files (30 MB or more) and the download is always cut off before completion.

I've mentioned it (with more detail) over at the Quaddicted forum but had no replies as yet.

It's a great site and a great endeavour. I really hope Spirit can get to the issue.
                    I got the phone call at 4 a.m.

Comment

ok heres the breakdown

using windows explorer to open it, i get a message saying:

now, i usually use 7-zip. when i do that, typically, i get data error from one of the files in the zip.
                      My Avatars!
                      Quake Leagues
                      Quake 1.5!!!
                      Definitive HD Quake

Comment

Working...
                      X