What exactly is the Quake Knight?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What exactly is the Quake Knight?

Hello everyone, Quakeman is here to discuss with you yet another mysterious Quake topic. While fighting my way through the Nameless City, a frightening thought occurred to me when I stumbled upon the rotting corpse of slain Death Knight.

It reeked of decaying flesh and nails were protruding out through its rusted armor. I began to look at its face and this is where things get spooky! While studying its features, I realized that this evil being seemed to have a menacing grin attached to its face.

Taken by surprise, I rocket jumped back a few feet before closely examining closer. I never really thought much about this creatures origins before, but now so close up to it, my mind raced with all sorts of questions regarding to what this thing really was.

It seems to resemble a very tall man, though its face doesn't appear to be human at all. I am now asking myself,
    "Was this knight previously an evil crusader that killed so many innocent that his soul was condemned by Shub-Niggurath herself to roam the haunted realms of Quake for eternity? Or is this some humanoid demon child of Shub, once living and feeding in her foul womb?"
    I am left wondering as to what this thing really is, though, after seeing that horrific smile, I'm thinking that it is likely the latter.

Perhaps someone has the answer to my question, or perhaps others have theories they would like to share. Let's try discussing this without getting to spooked.
    Attached Files

I am calling the doctor. I will be seeing a psychotherapist soon, as I am unable to sleep or socially interact properly with my family as I am too terrified of Death Knight.

If nobody hears from me for a few weeks, I may have taken a retreat to a relaxing island with coconut trees and white sand.

3 spooky 5 me

Comment

I should've put a WARNING before posting this thread, I'm so sorry. Get well soon pie guy.

Comment

Honestly I don't think much backstory is given on each baddie , even in the original booklet.
        Want to get into playing Quake again? Click here for the Multiplayer-Startup kit! laissez bon temps rouler!

Comment

It seems to me that the knight and , especially, death knight, have an oriental feel to them.

/2 cents
          My Avatars!
          Quake Leagues
          Quake 1.5!!!
          Definitive HD Quake

Comment

from the original handbook

Death Knight: This canned meat tends to open you up instead

so, yeah, the handbook doesn't say squat.
            http://www.nextgenquake.com

Comment

Originally posted by Syluxguy28O3 View Post
              It seems to me that the knight and , especially, death knight, have an oriental feel to them.

/2 cents
              I appreciate your unique imagination

Comment

Originally posted by Quakeman5 View Post
                I appreciate your unique imagination
                At least someone does!
                My Avatars!
                Quake Leagues
                Quake 1.5!!!
                Definitive HD Quake

Comment

Working...