hi, need help :)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• hi, need help :)

hello, i am newbie, I just started playing quake 1.
    I am learning how to speedrun this game, and have one problem.
    When i start strafe jump i try to make max speed and when i turn my mouse maximum down and try to fast move my mouse up and left/right to make first jump i always have lag. it happens when i look maximum down and move mouse fast up.
    i dont know if i can make the same speed by not going full down with mouse on FIRST jump.
    If somebody know how to fix this or tell me if its not important, please reply.
    Sorry for my english but this game is older than me ( 2 years )

my computer is not Old , i have all the time same fps

Personally i think speed runs in QW are faster than NetQuake, so maybe download ezQuake or FTE and try?
    www.quakeone.com/qrack | www.quakeone.com/cax| http://en.twitch.tv/sputnikutah

Comment

now i see also i cant rocket jump with this lag

Comment

Are you using the original Quake (i.e. the winquake or glquake that came with original Quake which is also what comes with Steam)?

Well, the originals have messed up timing on dual core and quad core machines (that's all computers today and has been for several years) and it is quite possible for everything to be laggy and jittery.

So you need to get something new like Quakespasm or DarkPlaces or almost any modern client.
        Quakeone.com - Being exactly one-half good and one-half evil has advantages. When a portal opens to the antimatter universe, my opposite is just me with a goatee.

So while you guys all have to fight your anti-matter counterparts, me and my evil twin will be drinking a beer laughing at you guys ...

Comment

Okay, i will try this

Comment

Originally posted by marek0613 View Post
            now i see also i cant rocket jump with this lag
            once you get things sorted out, maybe you'll set a new record!!!
            Want to get into playing Quake again? Click here for the Multiplayer-Startup kit! laissez bon temps rouler!

Comment

Something strange about Quakespasm is I get better rocket jumps on land but I get the best jumps out of water with Qrack,for instance with the Qrack build I can jump from under the rl box window on DM3 to the causeway with no problem but not with Quakespasm. However the jump from the lift to the pentwindow I can do straight forward with Qspasm but have to use the wall and spin with Qrack to get the hangtime.Try both and check back and let us know.
              WARNING
              May be too intense for some viewers.
              Stress Relief Device
              ....BANG HEAD HERE....
              ---------------------------
              .--------------------------

Comment

Thanks guys , i have tried this Quakespasm and have no more lags.
                I can only run full easy mode (yet) but have no more lag when i jump on grenade launcher at stage 3,4 , and rocket jumps at stage 5 also no lags. All seems to work well. Do you use autorun option when speedrun?

Comment

Originally posted by bluntz View Post
                  Something strange about Quakespasm is I get better rocket jumps on land but I get the best jumps out of water with Qrack,for instance with the Qrack build I can jump from under the rl box window on DM3 to the causeway with no problem but not with Quakespasm. However the jump from the lift to the pentwindow I can do straight forward with Qspasm but have to use the wall and spin with Qrack to get the hangtime.Try both and check back and let us know.
                  thres a setting in Qrack to aim exactly straight down, but in normal Quake you cant. Maybe you have this enabled?
                  www.quakeone.com/qrack | www.quakeone.com/cax| http://en.twitch.tv/sputnikutah

Comment

the best rocketjumps imo all utilize strafes (left or right), I can't explain why, but it seems they are always have more height/speed/distance. I'm sure there is a difference between forward/backward RJ's and moveleft/moveright RJ's
                    Want to get into playing Quake again? Click here for the Multiplayer-Startup kit! laissez bon temps rouler!

Comment

Hello I have technical question about *Quake engines. Where can I ask for it? Should I post it here, or make separate thread for that?
                      Last edited by Rev3n4nt; 03-02-2016, 09:59 AM.

Comment

Hello Rev3n4nt,
                        The movie must have inspired you for your name.
                        If you look at the forums structure you will see that it has 4 main sections with several sub-directories each:
                        Quake Talk
                        Quake Help
                        Quake Mod Releases
                        Website Related

If you have a #technical question about *Quake engines# then you sure want to use the Quake Help section. Maybe create a new thread in its Quake Clients area if it is about engines, or inside the General Help area if it is about different aspects.

Welcome to quakeone. You seem to be a friendly person. Friendly persons are always welcome
                        Good luck for solving your problems. I am sure people will be able to help you here.

Comment

Originally posted by Henry View Post
                          Hello Rev3n4nt,
                          The movie must have inspired you for your name.
                          If you look at the forums structure you will see that it has 4 main sections with several sub-directories each:
                          Quake Talk
                          Quake Help
                          Quake Mod Releases
                          Website Related

If you have a #technical question about *Quake engines# then you sure want to use the Quake Help section. Maybe create a new thread in its Quake Clients area if it is about engines, or inside the General Help area if it is about different aspects.

Welcome to quakeone. You seem to be a friendly person. Friendly persons are always welcome
                          Good luck for solving your problems. I am sure people will be able to help you here.
                          Thanks! Yes, name was inspired by few things, including movie,novel, monster from doom and meaning of word
                          I already created thread for that question in Quake Talk section, but I think that ok and not really mistake.

Comment

Working...
                          X