Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Quake E2M1 Speedrun

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5uzhvINjS9Y

I did this speedrun a while ago and beat the level within 41 seconds. I didn't really do it that well, and I feel that it could be beaten quicker.

What is the record for this map WITHOUT tool assistance?

7 seconds ...

SDA: Level stats for e2m1 - The Installation
    Quakeone.com - Being exactly one-half good and one-half evil has advantages. When a portal opens to the antimatter universe, my opposite is just me with a goatee.

So while you guys all have to fight your anti-matter counterparts, me and my evil twin will be drinking a beer laughing at you guys ...

Comment

Originally posted by Baker View Post
      That's quite a gap to close
      My Avatars!
      Quake Leagues
      Quake 1.5!!!
      Definitive HD Quake

Comment

You round the corner, jump the across the window and walk into the exit.

In a lot of ways, it is the funniest Quake map ever.
        Quakeone.com - Being exactly one-half good and one-half evil has advantages. When a portal opens to the antimatter universe, my opposite is just me with a goatee.

So while you guys all have to fight your anti-matter counterparts, me and my evil twin will be drinking a beer laughing at you guys ...

Comment

depending on how you look at it (and baker 10 to 1 says your looking at it wrong)

Originally posted by The long way

Easy run

Time Date Player
          0:43 02.06.01 Martin Selinus
          0:44 26.05.01 Martin Selinus
          0:45 18.02.01 Jozsef Szalontai
          0:46 22.10.98 Ilkka Kurkela

Nightmare run

Time Date Player
          0:45 28.01.02 Martin Selinus
          0:46 23.07.00 Fabian Kollakowski
          0:49 18.07.00 Fabian Kollakowski
          0:53 14.07.00 Fabian Kollakowski
          Did you play it on Easy?Did you play it on nightmare? All enemies killed All secrets?
          Did you play it the long way (looks like it to me)
          Depending on what you did and how you did it and on what difficulty, you just set a new record. Congratulations I believe are in order.
          Want to get into playing Quake again? Click here for the Multiplayer-Startup kit! laissez bon temps rouler!

Comment

I was just saying that E2M1, when you start the map all you have to do is go forward, turn left, jump at the last second to leap from one window into other side window and then walk into the exit teleporter.

Have you ever tried this yourself? It's funny.

(I obviously didn't kill any monsters or do 100% of anything. That would be defeating the purpose of avoiding the entire map and just exiting )

Comment

Originally posted by Baker View Post
              I was just saying that E2M1, when you start the map all you have to do is go forward, turn left, jump at the last second to leap from one window into other side window and then walk into the exit teleporter.

Have you ever tried this yourself? It's funny.

(I obviously didn't kill any monsters or do 100% of anything. That would be defeating the purpose of avoiding the entire map and just exiting )
              I might try defeating that 7 seconds.
              Want to get into playing Quake again? Click here for the Multiplayer-Startup kit! laissez bon temps rouler!

Comment

After 10 tries, I bet you can do it 12 seconds or less for sure on Easy where there aren't hardly any monsters in the way.

Comment

I was on Hard mode when I did this. I think it could be beat in less than 41 if I hadn't messed up in the very start on that wall, and if I had killed the enemies in a faster way. I wasn't going for 100% ratios just quickest time.

Comment

Originally posted by Gerolf View Post
                    I was on Hard mode when I did this. I think it could be beat in less than 41 if I hadn't messed up in the very start on that wall, and if I had killed the enemies in a faster way. I wasn't going for 100% ratios just quickest time.
                    You are going to try to hard, you might as well do nightmare.

Nightmare has the same number of monsters, they just behave differently.

Definitely far more difficult to do nightmare or hard than easy.

The guy with the nightmare record of 7 seconds made the map called "The Pit". https://www.quaddicted.com/reviews/thepit_2.html

Comment

Working...
                    X