Map for Testing?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Map for Testing?

So I'm working on a little project for Quake, and it involves frequently opening Quake and testing it, as in I need to do that after almost every change I make.

It gets kind of tiresome to make changes, open Quake, load a map, enable cheats, relaod the map, give myself all weapons, etc.

So I was wondering if there was a Map out there somewhere that was made for testing, that had EVERYTHING on it. That would mean all enemies, all pickups, all powerups, and teleporters.

If there is such a thing, does anybody have a link, and if not, are there commands to spawn in enemies?

Thanks!

Happy Quaking!

Hi Pie,

So, just so I'm understanding it (bare with me - I'm old ), you want a simple room with all normal Quake Monsters, Weapons, Ammo, health and powerups preloaded on to it? If so please let me know as I'm sure even someone as hopeless as I could knock a room together for you.

Kind regards

Monty
    Mr.Burns
    "Helping to keep this community friendly, helpful, and clean of spammers since 2006"
    WWW: Quake Terminus , QuakeVoid You Tube: QuakeVoid
    Servers: Quake.shmack.net, damage.servequake.com

News: JCR's excellent ctsj_jcr map is being ported to OOT

Comment

Wow! That's really nice of you to offer! If you could do that it would REALLY help me out. Preferably all monsters would be far enough away from one another that they would not start to fight each other. All weapons, ammo for them, and power ups, would be nice. Also, a lava and slime pit would be nice.

Also, I don't know if this is possible to set with a map editor, but if so, can power ups (Mega health, ring, pent. etc) be set to respawn?

Keep in mind that I am perfectly able to complete my project with vanilla Quake, but a map like this would speed up testing a lot, and if you DO make a test map, there's no rush.

Thank you very much Burns!

Comment

I know arcane dimensions has a test map, with all the monsters and pickups. It even displays monster hit boxes, and had a "score board" for each monster, displaying damage done per shot and range.
        My Avatars!
        Quake Leagues
        Quake 1.5!!!
        Definitive HD Quake

Comment

I have that mod, but I don't use darkplaces for it because I know some of the maps don't work with it. (I'm using darkplaces for testing my project because it is very flexible). But the test map might work. Do you know what the map name is?

Comment

Hi Pie,
            Apologies, but this has had to be done within 30 mins so it is quite rough and doesn't look very pretty but please let me know if the attached is the sort of thing you were looking for.

As you mentioned you use it, the map has been quickly cobbled together in Qoole and I've attached all the map source files in case you want to modify anything

Have fun

Kind regards

Monty
            Attached Files
            Last edited by Mr.Burns; 01-28-2016, 01:05 PM.
            Mr.Burns
            "Helping to keep this community friendly, helpful, and clean of spammers since 2006"

Comment

Amazing. Thanks you so much. This'll make it a lot easier to do my project, and it'll be out for everybody to enjoy (hopefully) much sooner!

I'll make a note of this in the credits!

Comment

Hehehe No problem, happy to help. Us Quakers have to support each other
                Mr.Burns

Comment

I agree

Comment

Working...
                  X